Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 07:23 AM

4,699 posts, read 7,927,201 times

Advertisements

Happy Friday

Today's Question(s):

When I was little I really wanted a wrist watch________ and/or _sibblings______because a lot of the kids had them ?

Bonus Question:
Yesterday we talked about what famous people we wanted to have lunch with

How many of you said " OOOO I want to have lunch with this person too " while reading other posters answers ?

Extra Credit Question:

In honor of scale & honesty day

Have you ever "fudged" the numbers a bit when asked "How much do you weigh" ? Not really. But I believe it is rude to ask that question.

Speaking of weight

Where is "Wanda the weight loss Fairy"
I would be really happy if she could make ________ pounds disappear ?

Just for Fun:

What "College Fads" do you remember being popular when you were younger ?

Jazz concerts

Today in History:
1772 - John Clais patents 1st scale
1885 - Boston Pops Orchestra forms
1889 - 1st U.S. national holiday, on centennial of Washington's inauguration
1904 - The Ice cream cone makes its debut
1947 - Maps had to be changed as Boulder Dam was changed back to its original name, Hoover Dam. Some people, mostly those who live in the community of Boulder, Nevada, still refer to the dam as Boulder Dam
1955 - A few University of Iowa men students released a little pent-up energy. They conducted the first ever panty raids at the women’s dorm.
1952 - Mr. Potato Head is 1st toy advertised on television

Word of the Day:

recalcitrant \rih-KAL-sih-truhnt\ , adjective;
1. Stubbornly resistant to and defiant of authority or restraint.

Today is:
National Raisin Day
National Oatmeal cookie day
Ice Cream Cone Day
Hairstyle Appreciation Day
Mr. Potato Head Day
Scale Day
National Honesty Day[/quote]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 07:28 AM

43,851 posts, read 51,447,204 times

Old 04-30-2010, 07:35 AM

54,505 posts, read 33,954,912 times
Just for Fun:

I dropped out of college in 1978 because I got bored with what I majored in.. Business Administration.. I don't know if that was a fad or not.. I went back to college in 1985 and changed my major to Computer Science. It sort of reminded me of what Bluto on Animal House (Johh Belushi) said "7 years of college down the drain!"..

Today is:
National Raisin Day - I'm always raisin' hell.. What am I supposed to be raisin' today?
Hairstyle Appreciation Day - Do they have a Chrome Dome Style Appreciation Day?
Mr. Potato Head Day - I guess I'll have him for lunch today..
Scale Day - Hmmm.. Okay, on a scale from 1 to 10, I'll give this gal I know.. a 12.
National Honesty Day - Do politicians celebrate this?

Old 04-30-2010, 07:42 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,698,146 times
[quote=Karla with a K;13971196]Good morning everyone
Happy Friday
Today we say goodbye to April and hopefully the last of the cold weather for our northern friends.
It is going to be in the 90 this weekend I will gladly send some of that heat to anyone who is interested

I have a very busy day ahead so I and going to start with the most fun part

Today's Question(s):

When I was little I really wanted _a slide and swing set_______ and/or _brothers and sisters______because a lot of the kids had them ?

Bonus Question:

How many of you said " OOOO I want to have lunch with this person too " while reading other posters answers ? Yes.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever "fudged" the numbers a bit when asked "How much do you weigh" ? Never ask a woman her age or weight

Speaking of weight

I would be really happy if she could make __all those quitting smoking______ pounds disappear ?

Just for Fun:

Streaking!

Have a great weekend!

Old 04-30-2010, 07:48 AM

44,735 posts, read 61,999,629 times
Today's Question(s):

When I was little I really wanted a cowboy hat and/or a Red Ryder BB gun because a lot of the kids had them ?

Bonus Question:
Yesterday we talked about what famous people we wanted to have lunch with.

How many of you said " OOOO I want to have lunch with this person too " while reading other posters answers? There were a couple of them that sounded interesting especially, Abe Lincoln cuz he invented my favorite coin, the penny.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever "fudged" the numbers a bit when asked "How much do you weigh"? Uh, no. I've always been close to where I'm suppose to be.

Speaking of weight

I would be really happy if she could make maybe 5 pounds disappear ?

Just for Fun:

What "College Fads" do you remember being popular when you were younger? Seeing how many students could cram into a telephone booth.

There must've been a political convention in town the past 2 days. It sure has been extremely windy here.
Today's forecast sunny with slight winds, F-75 degrees. Nights 45-55F.
Will be warming up to the 90's in a few days. Happy Friday to all...

Old 04-30-2010, 08:35 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,764,696 times
Today's Question(s):

When I was little I really wanted ________ and/or _______because a lot of the kids had them ?

I honestly cannot remember a thing that I wanted just because other kids had it and I didn't. I had clothes to wear, food to eat, toys to play with and books to read; what more did I need?

Bonus Question:

How many of you said " OOOO I want to have lunch with this person too " while reading other posters answers ?

I never read yesterday's answers - was in a very bad mood and shut down the computer early to go read my book.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever "fudged" the numbers a bit when asked "How much do you weigh" ?

Nope. I figure if I can see every pound of extra weight, so can anybody looking at me.

Speaking of weight

I would be really happy if she could make __
40-45______ pounds disappear ?

Just for Fun:

N/A - never went to college.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:41 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,421,767 times
Today's Question(s):

When I was little I really wanted a Poor Pitiful Pearl Doll and/or a balanced baton because a lot of the kids had them ? I got both of them, too. Plus I never once missed a baton throw until we were performing at our first basketball game and I missed that sucker and it rolled to the bleachers. I can still hear the laughter from the crowd.

Bonus Question:

How many of you said " OOOO I want to have lunch with this person too " while reading other posters answers ? I did when TTDave mentioned Thomas Jefferson.

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever "fudged" the numbers a bit when asked "How much do you weigh" ? I thought we were supposed to. LOL

Speaking of weight

I would be really happy if she could make 10 pounds disappear ?

Just for Fun:

What "College Fads" do you remember being popular when you were younger ? I can't remember any. I was very studious......not. ahahaha

Today in History:

1772 - John Clais patents 1st scale
1947 - Maps had to be changed as Boulder Dam was changed back to its original name, Hoover Dam. Some people, mostly those who live in the community of Boulder, Nevada, still refer to the dam as Boulder Dam I never can remember which is the correct name and I call it both.
1955 - A few University of Iowa men students released a little pent-up energy. They conducted the first ever panty raids at the women’s dorm.
1952 - Mr. Potato Head is 1st toy advertised on television I lost the mustache and used my allowance money to buy another Mr. Potato Head. This is really interesting about it being the first toy advertised on TV.

Word of the Day:

1. Stubbornly resistant to and defiant of authority or restraint.
At last, a word I actually know. bbwwwwahahahaha

Today is:
National Raisin Day
Ice Cream Cone Day
Mr. Potato Head Day
Scale Day
National Honesty Day No lie?

Old 04-30-2010, 08:49 AM

11,864 posts, read 11,077,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Friday
Today we say goodbye to April and hopefully the last of the cold weather for our northern friends.
It is going to be in the 90 this weekend I will gladly send some of that heat to anyone who is interested

I have a very busy day ahead so I and going to start with the most fun part

Today's Question(s):

When I was little I really wanted ________ and/or _______because a lot of the kids had them ? My dad spoiled me rotten so I never had to ask for anything because he just bought me things. Though for Christmas one year I did want a hotwheels race track that he didn't realize I wanted, so I did find that under the tree next to the Barbie my mom bought me and only wished I would have played with lol. Well, I guess I did if laying her on the track for the cars to hit counts

Bonus Question:

How many of you said " OOOO I want to have lunch with this person too " while reading other posters answers ? There were several and a lot I would have added myself if unlimited number of 'guests', but I tried hard to limit my answers to just one for each category - did blow it on actors though due to eye candy overload

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever "fudged" the numbers a bit when asked "How much do you weigh" ? No, plus no one asks - it's right there for everyone to see. I'm small boned so if underweight it's obvious and same thing if I was overweight - no need to fudge.

Speaking of weight

I would be really happy if she could make ________ pounds disappear ? Well 'I' would disappear if I lost anymore weight, but I would be happy if Wanda would bring me around 10 pounds or so. Some people eat a lot when stressed and I've always been the exact opposite.

Just for Fun:

Today in History:
1772 - John Clais patents 1st scale I have to laugh at this one - was showing a clients house & for the heck of it got on the scale & it said like 120 something (& scale showed starting point as 0). Almost peed my pants laughing. These things are hardly ever correct & if someone is say working out, well muscle weighs more than fat. I always thought the best way to tell was how one's clothes fit. If they're tight, extra poundage - almost falling off, need to put on some weight.
1947 - Maps had to be changed as Boulder Dam was changed back to its original name, Hoover Dam. Some people, mostly those who live in the community of Boulder, Nevada, still refer to the dam as Boulder Dam Really? Interesting fact Karla.
1955 - A few University of Iowa men students released a little pent-up energy. They conducted the first ever panty raids at the women’s dorm. Boys will be boys
1952 - Mr. Potato Head is 1st toy advertised on television and yes I had several, though many years later. Maybe that explains my love of potatos lol

Word of the Day:
1. Stubbornly resistant to and defiant of authority or restraint. Could be taken a couple of ways, but when younger (& sometimes even now) I have problems with so-called authority figures telling me what I can/have to do (especially when they don't know what the heck they're talking about)

Today is:
National Raisin Day and put them in the Oatmeal cookie, along with nuts. Yummy
National Oatmeal cookie day just see above
Ice Cream Cone Day
Hairstyle Appreciation Day I appreciate that I don't really have one lol just wash, comb it and let it dry. I do not miss curling irons, etc. at all.
Mr. Potato Head DayDo have some potatos so maybe I'll make a homemade one - course then I'd have to eat it.
Scale Day
National Honesty Day This should be every day.
Well TGIF everyone and the last day of April 2010

Last edited by JustJoy; 04-30-2010 at 08:57 AM.. Reason: whoops put May instead of April

Old 04-30-2010, 09:03 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,764,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Well TGIF everyone and the last day of April 2010
Okay, I know sometimes the months just seem to fly by, but how can we be on the LAST day of May when we won't see the FIRST day until tomorrow?
(shoot! You must have gotten it edited at just about the time I was hitting the quote button.)

Last edited by MsMcQ LV; 04-30-2010 at 09:05 AM.. Reason: added additional line

Old 04-30-2010, 09:04 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,482,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good Happy Friday Everybody!!
Today's Question(s):

When I was little I really wanted a Pogo Stick because a lot of the kids had them ?

Bonus Question:

Extra Credit Question:

Have you ever "fudged" the numbers a bit when asked "How much do you weigh" ? Oh, but of course!!

Speaking of weight

I would be really happy if she could make pounds disappear ?

Today is:
National Raisin Day
Ice Cream Cone Day
Mr. Potato Head Day
Scale Day
National Honesty Day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics