Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Ottawa-Gatineau
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 06:02 AM

41,006 posts, read 49,469,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
This guy could have killed more had he wanted to.
Was really wondering why he did not kill many more inside the building getting off the 20-30 shots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 07:15 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,792,241 times
^ If I am not mistaken, before Harper engages on all this unjustified aggressive anti-terrorism campaign, Canada was never a terrorist target and nobody was ever killed by Muslim extremist groups, right?

You need to understand why led to what, that's the reason and what's the consequence. Did terrorist attack Canada first then we fight back, or their other way around (we ask for terrorist to come to us with unprovoked attack?)

America is NOT Canada. The fact someone attacked America (most likely because America did something else, somewhere else) doesn't mean Canada needs to do something. They are completely separated countries. One of Canada's best traits is that it is not as crazy as America and I am afraid we are losing that.

Old 10-23-2014, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
. I am not sure the west and the muslim world will ever really be at peace with each other.
Let me ask, they can't be at peace because the west can't tolerate Muslim, or the Muslim can't tolerate the west? I am not exactly sure in the very beginning, what did the Muslim do to interfere with western countries' business. Didn't the self-righteous west constantly meddle with the middle east, removing whoever we think are not the right person for the job and plant someone we like? And did you expect that NOT to cause resentment and counter-attack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
. With each act of brutality we westerners become more hardened toward them. It is a terrible negative feedback loop, they attack and we become angry. We respond against them, anger more of them.
Don't you have it backwards, I think it is "we attack and they become angry". What kind of stupid people would even dare to attack the US when completely unprovoked?

Old 10-23-2014, 08:58 AM

1,706 posts, read 2,449,548 times
Video | Video shows Sergeant-at-Arms Vickers moments after reportedly shooting Ottawa gunman | Toronto Star

Old 10-23-2014, 09:02 AM

543 posts, read 948,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Let me ask, they can't be at peace because the west can't tolerate Muslim, or the Muslim can't tolerate the west? I am not exactly sure in the very beginning, what did the Muslim do to interfere with western countries' business. Didn't the self-righteous west constantly meddle with the middle east, removing whoever we think are not the right person for the job and plant someone we like? And did you expect that NOT to cause resentment and counter-attack?

Don't you have it backwards, I think it is "we attack and they become angry". What kind of stupid people would even dare to attack the US when completely unprovoked?
That is besides the point.
Fact is more and more people are immigrating to western shores and the mindset of the people(and I should know I have lived there) is very very different than that of the west. They are religion abiding, faith following devouts. You will say so are the Christians. Yes, but in their culture it is expected to abide and follow or else the anger monster takes over. Irrational thoughts are borne and bred when you have that mentality. I have seen immigrants living together in hordes, having a passive subconscious hatred for the locals. Not all, but the majority of them. I know an indian friend who lives in Toronto and he is probably around 30 years of age and he has never spoken to a Caucasian person in his entire life. He isn't a hater or a bad person at all, but he simply never got a chance! And I know others like this.

When someone comes here they bring their baggage along with them.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi85 View Post
That is besides the point.
Fact is more and more people are immigrating to western shores and the mindset of the people(and I should know I have lived there) is very very different than that of the west. They are religion abiding, faith following devouts. You will say so are the Christians. Yes, but in their culture it is expected to abide and follow or else the anger monster takes over. Irrational thoughts are borne and bred when you have that mentality. I have seen immigrants living together in hordes, having a passive subconscious hatred for the locals. Not all, but the majority of them. I know an indian friend who lives in Toronto and he is probably around 30 years of age and he has never spoken to a Caucasian person in his entire life. He isn't a hater or a bad person at all, but he simply never got a chance! And I know others like this.

When someone comes here they bring their baggage along with them.
I don't think it matters what people think. Everyone is free to feel however they want, including hatred. It doesn't violate any laws. We judge people by their action, not the "mindset". Yes more and more people move to western countries - LEGALLY, so the country might gradually change. So what. Nobody says Canada should stay they it was.

An Indian who never had the chance to speak to a Caucasian? Doesn't he go out and buy things? Or go to government agencies for services? I don't know how that is possible. And why not speaking to a Caucasian leads to hatred? I don't necessarily HAVE to talk to Caucasians either. They are just people. There are well educated Caucasians and there are scumbag Caucasians just like other races. Do Caucasians complain about never having a chance to talk to an Indian person? They are just people in Canada, and the fact that we have to constant look at them by race is silly.

Old 10-23-2014, 10:48 AM

15,822 posts, read 12,517,690 times
I'm trying to reconcile the rush of officers and barrage of gunfire we saw/heard with Vickers lying flat and taking out the gunman.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
I don't think it matters what people think. Everyone is free to feel however they want, including hatred. It doesn't violate any laws. We judge people by their action, not the "mindset". Yes more and more people move to western countries - LEGALLY, so the country might gradually change. So what. Nobody says Canada should stay they it was.

An Indian who never had the chance to speak to a Caucasian? Doesn't he go out and buy things? Or go to government agencies for services? I don't know how that is possible. And why not speaking to a Caucasian leads to hatred? I don't necessarily HAVE to talk to Caucasians either. They are just people. There are well educated Caucasians and there are scumbag Caucasians just like other races. Do Caucasians complain about never having a chance to talk to an Indian person? They are just people in Canada, and the fact that we have to constant look at them by race is silly.

And that is the point. Most minorities do not understand the concept of looking at someone purely on the basis of race or color is silly. Everyone keeps talking about racism and if they think a Caucasian is racist or no. But fact is that most minorities are racist(though not intentionally at all). Racist towards others.

And it is my belief that one must immerse themselves in their adapted culture. Otherwise what's the point of immigrating? Why not stay back? And I never implied that a Caucasian is by default perfect or non judge mental but there's this pressure on them to adjust their lives, their culture to suit others. All this doesn't matter to me. What matters to me is I want to live in a perfect society and a perfect society will never be created by minorities. Their whole existence is based on a self centered, god fearing, social status judging ideal. They are born and they die in this condition. Again, which is not to say every Caucasian is not this way(you only have to look at the Mormons) but the majority of them have a different mindset. A rational ,thinking mindset.

I am going way off topic here. But when you are forcibly sexually abused as a 7 year old boy and then told by many people that this is what fate had in hand for me, when your brain is not perfect and everyone including your father scorns you daily for it, you realize this is not an enlightened society. An enlightened society works for the betterment of mankind through determination. They take matters in their own hands because they believe they are the masters if their destiny, not fate or some power.

My friend has NEVER talked to a Caucasian person because he was shocked when I brought him to ottawa and introduced him to a white friend. I didn't bother asking him if he's talked to shopkeepers or officers.

The country should gradually change to what? Take the immigration issue out of this debate: the country will change to what I might ask? Yes, we are changing continuously but shouldn't we change for an enlightened future? A future where no one suffers from mental ill, where we've sent probes to the moons of Saturn in the hope of finding some answers to our existentialist question?

Or should we continue to be happy and jolly until a time comes when we are breeding and destroying this planet? I don't care about global warming but I give a damn about the population of the Bengal tiger. 1500 in the wild in India and it'd be a travesty if they go extinct. That worries me, not the plight of 1.2 billion self centered people(barring a few). How many people are immigrating from India and China and Nigeria everyday? Why? Why not come here to study and gain knowledge and experience and go back to change your country? I'll tell you why......because most of them want a big BMW and a nice big house. This is the height of philosophical quandary that most immigrants(and many Caucasians) have.

You waste your life acquiring these possessions only to realize they don't mean anything. Then they seek god and answers, donating bundles of money on statues, yet ignoring a beggar sitting on the street on the way to the temple. Is this the society you envision canada to become? Because then we might have to relocate somewhere else before we've destroyed this land also.

Or should we seek for something higher? To find the inherent purpose of why things are the way they are, be they by any means even if it means questioning the laws and scriptures, and creating machines.

Edit: just so you know its not like I am being such because of my circumstances. This is an observance. I can't say for other cultures but India has a long tradition which has been forgotten by the new world. Hinduism itself isn't even a religion, more like a philosophy or way of life. And all that ancient wisdom is largely ignored by the ignorant masses. If anything westerners are unearthing its potential now. See what I mean.

Last edited by rishi85; 10-23-2014 at 12:09 PM..

Old 10-23-2014, 11:37 AM

1,706 posts, read 2,449,548 times
^^^
I've never heard the word "Caucasian" repeated so many times in any post.

Old 10-23-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman249 View Post
^^^
I've never heard the word "Caucasian" repeated so many times in any post.
What's the right word? white seems too "blah". I like complicated words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Ottawa-Gatineau