Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2017, 10:13 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,228,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
...snip...

Trout Dude I really came here because I noticed your updated status. Please share more! Are you engaged?
Alas, no. I remain a heck of a good catch for some lucky woman.

The status thing refers to my previous one which was: Withdrawn. (I spent several weeks not posting in R&S.) Then, a week or so ago, I decided to re-engage a tad.

So, sorry to disappoint you with a mundane explanation, my dear. But I ever do become engaged, I'll be sure to let you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2017, 10:13 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,414,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I used to spend hours and hours outside at night, just sitting in my rocker enjoying the night sky, the breeze, and the hundreds of animal noises. After a while you can track the movement of the stars as they swirl around the horizon.
Once upon a time, when I was the mother of several small children, living in the city, and dealing with a bout of severe depression, I told my husband I had to get away for a few days by myself if I was going to survive. It was fall, and I went to a campground for several days. I was the only person there (other than the handful of people who worked there, but I rarely saw them). During the days I would tramp about, drinking in the life that was there. And then I spent the evening hours in a clearing on a hill gazing at the night sky, and drinking in more life. It was a healing time, and I still carry it with me.

Old 02-03-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Once upon a time, when I was the mother of several small children, living in the city, and dealing with a bout of severe depression, I told my husband I had to get away for a few days by myself if I was going to survive. It was fall, and I went to a campground for several days. I was the only person there (other than the handful of people who worked there, but I rarely saw them). During the days I would tramp about, drinking in the life that was there. And then I spent the evening hours in a clearing on a hill gazing at the night sky, and drinking in more life. It was a healing time, and I still carry it with me.
I can relate to needing that kind of space and am very grateful to be able to spend some of my final years living in a "campground"-type place.

Even urban areas usually offer quiet spaces in parks, or just outside of town. It can soothe the spirit to take mini-vacations to such places. I did so for many years. A quiet half-hour in natural surroundings every few days helps keep stress from reaching toxic levels.

Old 02-03-2017, 10:25 AM

5,856 posts, read 5,297,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
How things would have been different if only Bernie had been President.
Tell me about it. I don't know if I have mentioned this before, and please forgive me if I have but he knows Hubby BY NAME. When Bernie first ran for the House, Hubby ad a check writing party for him at the house which he came. This was before I even met him. What was really funny was when Bernie's people called to find out directions Hubby said to "go down that road and turn to the LEFT, when he gets to town, turn LEFT at the Green. Take the first LEFT and it is the first house on the LEFT. If Bernie keeps going to the LEFT he will meet up with us." His people didn't find it funny but Bernie did.

I once called him a "wet****" (sensors) and he laughed. We went to see him speak when he was first running for the Senate. It was a very hot room and he was sweating like mad. Afterward, we went to get our pic taken with him and you know how you put your arms around each other. He was just covered in sweat and I said, "Oh, you are a wet****." I then realized what I said and to WHOM I said it to. Bernie just laughed.

I'm sure everyone knows that I am vet. It used to be an hour & a half drive-ONE WAY to get to the local V.A. hospital. I thought it would be a great idea to have a local liaison so I decided to write Bernie's office with the idea. This was before email so I sent it snail mail. The VERY NEXT DAY after I mailed that off, there was an article in the local paper announcing a V.A. liaison opening up. I said, "Wow, Bernie works fast." I told him that story at the opening of a V.A. clinic. He then hugged me-not the other way around. He has personally helped me many times.

BTW, here is that pic-not the best quality. You can see how old it is.

Cat

Old 02-03-2017, 10:35 AM

Pic didn't come through, Cat.

Old 02-03-2017, 10:37 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,414,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I can relate to needing that kind of space and am very grateful to be able to spend some of my final years living in a "campground"-type place.

Even urban areas usually offer quiet spaces in parks, or just outside of town. It can soothe the spirit to take mini-vacations to such places. I did so for many years. A quiet half-hour in natural surroundings every few days helps keep stress from reaching toxic levels.
Come to think of it, I probably already told that story in this thread. I'm getting old and starting to repeat myself a lot. Oh well, that time did have a profound effect on me. Living where I do now, I don't really have to go further than my own yard, or a walk around the neighborhood to get a "nature fix". But back then, we were living in a pretty depressed part of a very large city and there was nowhere nearby that I knew of that offered much in the way of nature. We only had one vehicle at the time, so with my husband gone much of the time, I was sort of stuck - at least that's how it felt to me.

Old 02-03-2017, 10:45 AM

10,537 posts, read 6,181,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Alas, no. I remain a heck of a good catch for some lucky woman.

The status thing refers to my previous one which was: Withdrawn. (I spent several weeks not posting in R&S.) Then, a week or so ago, I decided to re-engage a tad.

So, sorry to disappoint you with a mundane explanation, my dear. But I ever do become engaged, I'll be sure to let you know.
Awww Trout, you had me going there. You WOULD be a great catch!
If only I knew some single ladies, but alas the only singles I know of are men.

R&S is remarkably dreary and boring these days since us atheists were effectively banished.
I miss all the old characters to spar with.

Old 02-03-2017, 10:47 AM

10,537 posts, read 6,181,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
Tell me about it. I don't know if I have mentioned this before, and please forgive me if I have but he knows Hubby BY NAME. When Bernie first ran for the House, Hubby ad a check writing party for him at the house which he came. This was before I even met him. What was really funny was when Bernie's people called to find out directions Hubby said to "go down that road and turn to the LEFT, when he gets to town, turn LEFT at the Green. Take the first LEFT and it is the first house on the LEFT. If Bernie keeps going to the LEFT he will meet up with us." His people didn't find it funny but Bernie did.

I once called him a "wet****" (sensors) and he laughed. We went to see him speak when he was first running for the Senate. It was a very hot room and he was sweating like mad. Afterward, we went to get our pic taken with him and you know how you put your arms around each other. He was just covered in sweat and I said, "Oh, you are a wet****." I then realized what I said and to WHOM I said it to. Bernie just laughed.

I'm sure everyone knows that I am vet. It used to be an hour & a half drive-ONE WAY to get to the local V.A. hospital. I thought it would be a great idea to have a local liaison so I decided to write Bernie's office with the idea. This was before email so I sent it snail mail. The VERY NEXT DAY after I mailed that off, there was an article in the local paper announcing a V.A. liaison opening up. I said, "Wow, Bernie works fast." I told him that story at the opening of a V.A. clinic. He then hugged me-not the other way around. He has personally helped me many times.

BTW, here is that pic-not the best quality. You can see how old it is.

Cat
Ohh I'd love to meet Bernie.
Can't see the pic though Cat, sorry.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:40 PM

5,856 posts, read 5,297,479 times
I don't understand. I can see it.

Try this one:

Let me know if this one comes through.

I have a more recent pic of Bernie & Hubby but I must confess that it wasn't the best pic of Hubby-probably when he was dealing with health issues so I really don't want to post it.

Cat

Old 02-03-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I don't understand. I can see it.

Try this one:

Let me know if this one comes through.

I have a more recent pic of Bernie & Hubby but I must confess that it wasn't the best pic of Hubby-probably when he was dealing with health issues so I really don't want to post it.

Cat
Can see that one just fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Paganism