Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2010, 06:07 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Did I say that??? No I am pretty sure I did not. I am glad I have boys because the girls now a days act like sluts they have no respect for themselves and that makes it much harder to keep them on the right path.

You really have an issue with taking things out of context.

Oh please. Boy and girl teens are both prone to stupidity. Girls are just held to a different standard because they are female. The "boys will be boys" syndrome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Not really. If you're a woman you already know what girls are all about. You don't need to have a daughter to figure it out. You've already lived it and continue to do so as an adult.

Cyber Queen is a girl.

I have 3 boys and I'm a girl.

The long time standing joke is the "daddy" of the "precious little virgin girl" (who hasn't been a virgin since she was 13) keeps a shotgun on his lap while her suitors come to take his precious little girl out on a date. Like those boys don't have a mother?

Time have changed.

I've got my own shotgun b/c I KNOW what GIRLS are ALL ABOUT. Been there, seen it.

Mother's of boys have to be more vigilant in this day and age than ever before. We keep them close, don't write them off, celebrate who they are and let them know that any girl who gives it up too easily should be left hanging.

You don't need to have "one of each" to understand anything. Parenting is parenting and rules are rules - which should apply to both sexes of children.

The differences, well, that's up to the parent as to how far they want to cave to what is deemed "acceptable" from gender based socialized expectations of child (and teen, and young adult) behavior or not.

Really? You know what all girls are about? I find that hard to believe. I know plenty of teen girls because of my little sister and just ONE of them acts in the manner that you've bestowed on all of them.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:50 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,834,212 times
Quote:

I hope the girls out there get their act together before my boys are older.
If girls today where so easy there would be no such thing as date rape or date rape drugs. But they probably wanted it. right? Or they are lying. Or they changed their mind after. Girls are sneaky little sluts after all.

Let me give you a little example: I went on a few dates with someone. After one date i went back to his place to hang out. We started kissing. He said "Lets have sex" (he was trying to take my leggings off) I said "No not yet, I don't think we know each other well enough" he said "Oh come on" I said No and it went back in forth until he eventually just held me down and did it.

But after all I am a trampy girl and he was just a precious confused boy.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:02 AM

13,418 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
If girls today where so easy there would be no such thing as date rape or date rape drugs. But they probably wanted it. right? Or they are lying. Or they changed their mind after. Girls are sneaky little sluts after all.

Let me give you a little example: I went on a few dates with someone. After one date i went back to his place to hang out. We started kissing. He said "Lets have sex" (he was trying to take my leggings off) I said "No not yet, I don't think we know each other well enough" he said "Oh come on" I said No and it went back in forth until he eventually just held me down and did it.

WTF??? That's RAPE. What a disgusting lowlife POS that dude is. If I ever found out some THUG did that to my daughter, he would be invited over at Christmas so he could see how good his testicles look as an ornament on our tree.

I'm very sorry that happened to you.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:06 AM

Quote:

That makes me so angry and mad. What a disgusting POS.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:13 AM

852 posts, read 1,365,170 times
Quote:

I'm so sorry. Thank you for speaking up here. That was brave.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:50 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I still fail to see how it is all the fault of the girls? If boys weren't participating it wouldn't be happening either.... Unless you are saying that males are not responsible for their actions. But I wouldn't want to misinterpret or take anything out of context.

Well who else is to blame for these girls flashing their breast if not them? If a girl will stand on a street corner and flash her breasts at 15 who's fault is it when boys think they are tramps? Is it the boys fault? No. If a gilr will give a boy a BJ under the stairs at school, who's fault is it? Hers! She did it. I am talking consensual here not rape.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
I think it's the fault of the girls because she has boys. If she had girls it would likely be the other way around....all those nasty boys hanging on her precious innocent girls.

WRONG!!! Girls act way different then they did years ago, that is a fact. If a girl has sex with 5 guys that is on no one but her so YES it is her fault.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:53 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,834,212 times
Quote:
WRONG!!! Girls act way different then they did years ago, that is a fact. If a girl has sex with 5 guys that is on no one but her so YES it is her fault.

Why does having consensual sex have to be anyone's "fault"?

I am pretty sure I act the same way I did last year. Maybe there is something in the water where you live.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucygirl951 View Post
When I was in high school (grad 1985), there was plenty of sex, oral and otherwise, happening casually and between steady boyfriends and girlfriends. Not everyone had sex in high school (I didn't), but I don't think it was that different than it is now. I think the media talks about teen sex more but not in any helpful way. Case in point. This story 30 years ago might have gotten a little local interest but probably not. The girls probably would have been sent home with their parents. Now with the internet and multiple 24 hour news stations with time to fill, stories like this become national news within minutes.

I didn't say had more I said have it way easier and with multiple partners. This story 30 years ago those girls would have been labeled tramps and parents would not want their girls near them but now they will be popular from it. It has nothing to do with the internet or the news. This was not acceptable 30 years ago, it is way more acceptable now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting