Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2010, 06:29 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,791,992 times

Advertisements

Finster: There's a product called Static Guard. It's a spray can that you use to keep your dress from clinging to your pantyhose (among other things). You can give your hairbrush a _light_ spritz with it before your daughter brushes her hair. That usually is enough. If she needs a booster, another quick shot between your hands, rub them together, then pat them lightly over the hair. Instant frizz stopper.

I lived on this stuff when I was in college.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2010, 08:42 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,515,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Genius... a dryer sheet. Cool. Not only will she not have Einstein hair but she'll smell fresh as a summer meadow.

Thanks for the welcome... we are not minding it yet but the novelty hasn't worn off.. so we'll see about that in Feb!

Gummy bear?
I'm not a fan of really hot weather, but come Feb/Mar, wouldn't mind a nice vacation at some island where there is warmth & sun.

As for the gummy bear, only if it is Haribo brand.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:14 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Does that mean she has to go to Loonies Anon AND Village Idiots Anon?

Boy, you sure are going to be busy there, DDI.
"Hi! My name is DewDropInn and I am THE Village Idiot."

"Hi DewDrop"

"It's been 24 hours since I moved the little country tavern next to the charming country B&B. I know I have a sickness but I just can't help myself. So I've admitted I have a problem and I cannot handle it myself. This afternoon I'm going to see my oldest friend and admit to her that I am the person who stole her "Mickey's workshop" house last Christmas".

"It's one step at a time, DewDrop, one step at a time."

"Thanks. You guys are the best. I'm going to leave a little early because the Loonies Anon meeting has better donuts."

"We appreciate your being honest with us."

Old 12-05-2010, 09:23 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
Ding dong..........

Happy Sunday everyone!

Old 12-05-2010, 09:28 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
Do you think there is VIAnon for family memers? I come from a family of Village Idiots. My mother keeps trying to pull me in. So far, I haven't succombed. I understand the tendancy can run in families so I am very careful to abstain. I know it starts with one cute litte ice skating pond and before you know it, you're craving more, then searching the internet for retired pieces....

Old 12-05-2010, 09:45 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Do you think there is VIAnon for family memers? I come from a family of Village Idiots. My mother keeps trying to pull me in. So far, I haven't succombed. I understand the tendancy can run in families so I am very careful to abstain. I know it starts with one cute litte ice skating pond and before you know it, you're craving more, then searching the internet for retired pieces....
I got it from my father. Never let a retired guy go to Walmart by himself.

Divert yourself maciesmom.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:34 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I got it from my father. Never let a retired guy go to Walmart by himself.

Divert yourself maciesmom.
So far, so good. The Spode Christmas Tree dishes on the other hand....

Old 12-05-2010, 01:15 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times
Quote:
I've got a question. Does anybody know how to combat static-y hair? My DD has really fine hair and she's walking around looking like she's either got a halo or has stuck her finger in the light socket - I can't decide which. This is our first East Coast winter and I'm pretty sure that's got something to do with it.

It makes it tangle easier too, and we have hair brushing issues as it is. She has a tender head, so she's not very amenable to it at the best of times. I think wooly hats don't help, but it's floppin' freezing out. Anybody got a magic potion? It's literally sticking out at a 90 degree angle to her head.
The static is due to the dry winter air and your house heating system drying the indoor air even more. If you can't afford to install a house humidifier to your furnace, put a bowl of water immediaely next to the heat air vent in each room of your house---to evaporate into the air. You'll be surprised how quickly a bowl of water evaporates in the winter. (When I say "next to" I mean immediately next to the vent.)

Old 12-07-2010, 08:21 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times
People! Where are you? I need help waking up to start my day! I've got tons of things to do! Caffeine isn't doing it! Help me!

:yawning and stretching:

Old 12-07-2010, 08:26 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
People! Where are you? I need help waking up to start my day! I've got tons of things to do! Caffeine isnt' doing it! Help me!

:yawning and stretching:
I'm laying on the couch recovering from the worst bout of GI illness I've ever ever had. Unfortunately I'll have a sick kid with me all day too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting