Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2010, 10:00 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times

Advertisements

It is rather disturbing. I've just read a few more pages over there. I knew there were a few crazies around, but it's worse than I thought. I think someone needs professional help. Looking for sympathy on internet forums will only make it worse. it's kind of sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 10:20 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Yeowza. I don't know which other forum you're referring to and I don't think I want to know. I google my user name here and I get a ton of bars in the South. I use a different name for every forum I post on and change a few facts to protect the innocent. I'm fully aware that everything you post is there forever. (Why people post about their sex lives is beyond me.)

OK baking cookies sounds good but I celebrated my team's win a little too much last night. maciesmom, for the record, is a gracious looser. Thanks, my friend. It's Monday so that means laundry. I hope I can conceal my utter glee.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:44 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,515,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Yep. They asked if I was a friend of yours. But they didn't say who they were, and I had no idea what they were talking about, so I didn't think anything much of it.

Creepy, indeed. I had absolutely no idea how venomous someone would get about a few arguments. Truly disgusting, and disturbing, that it would matter that much to them. Kinda makes you wonder what else they're capable of.
just saw this: The internet and the 'end of privacy' - CNN.com

Old 12-13-2010, 12:51 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
Quote:
change a few facts to protect the innocent. I'm fully aware that everything you post is there forever. (Why people post about their sex lives is beyond me.)

I totally agree - I will say I have made a few nice friendships here on CD. I pretty much limit the threads I post on to where there are posters I enjoy exchanging with. There are crazies out there though so I'm typically pretty vague about the specifics of real people in my life - no names and no pics either...

Old 12-13-2010, 01:04 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
Quote:
Creepy, indeed. I had absolutely no idea how venomous someone would get about a few arguments. Truly disgusting, and disturbing, that it would matter that much to them. Kinda makes you wonder what else they're capable of.
Are you guys really surprised? Choosing passive, easy to manipulate spouse + not getting on with family/in-laws + fighting with doctors + fighting with teachers + fighting with other parents at school + fighting with everyone here = ginormous personality disorder!

Old 12-13-2010, 01:24 PM

Well, NOW you tell us!

Old 12-13-2010, 01:26 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Well, NOW you tell us!
I thought I'd keep it as a little surprise!

Old 12-13-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I thought I'd keep it as a little surprise!
Anything else you think of, PLEASE, let us know!

Old 12-13-2010, 01:59 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Are you guys really surprised? Choosing passive, easy to manipulate spouse + not getting on with family/in-laws + fighting with doctors + fighting with teachers + fighting with other parents at school + fighting with everyone here = ginormous personality disorder!
You know, Zimbo, you'd think you wouldn't be (surprised) but honestly? The things she wrote were really, really nasty. And there are pages and pages of it. I think because you have to keep a lid on that kind of thing here that I didn't realize the extent of the madness. I was a little shocked, I have to admit.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:04 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
Quote:
You know, Zimbo, you'd think you wouldn't be (surprised) but honestly? The things she wrote were really, really nasty. And there are pages and pages of it. I think because you have to keep a lid on that kind of thing here that I didn't realize the extent of the madness. I was a little shocked, I have to admit.

Exactly...it's not the fact that she was complaining, it was the extremely foul and hateful language and the sheer quantity of it. I think it truly crosses over into mental illness territory so probably the less said the better at this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting