Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2010, 01:15 PM

13,425 posts, read 9,957,883 times

Advertisements

Yay Hopes, good for you.

As for the Other Thing, it's appalling, isn't it? Oh well, hell hath no fury and all that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 01:16 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Congratulations on finishing up Hopes. Well done!
Thanks! Nobody likes losing a night's sleep! But I'm glad I'm going to college while my children are in college. It's good for them to see me staying up all night, caring about my work. My son told me that I was worried too much, that my paper was fine, just send it in. And I told him, "But I'm trying to improve myself! I care!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn
Curiosity got the better of me and I looked on that other site.
That emoticon explains it all. I'm still in shock over it, and I've only read the first five posts!

In all my years on the internet---as an administrator of an active website that was fairly uncesnored---this tops everything I've ever seen!

Old 12-14-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
There are actually more than half a dozen threads "there" about posters/mods here. I don't know if any of you are old enough to remember slam-books...but that's the impression I get when I peek over there. Funny thing, is someone who is no longer a member here, who posts there regularly under several names, "accuses" other posters there, of being me.

I posted there I think - twice. When I first took a peek a few weeks ago (after someone here sent me a rep "warning" me...seems now like it was more of an invitation, I should've known better)..and tht one who "accused" other posters of being me, didn't "accuse" me of being me.
Don't worry, AnonChick. We can sort the crazy imposter from the real thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Yay Hopes, good for you.

As for the Other Thing, it's appalling, isn't it? Oh well, hell hath no fury and all that.
Shocking. Appalling. Disturbing! You sure made an impression on her! Be flattered!

Old 12-14-2010, 01:29 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
That emoticon explains it all. I'm still in shock over it, and I've only read the first five posts!
I made it to page 3 before wondering who gave Mel Gibson a computer.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
You shouldn't insult Mel Gibson like that!

Old 12-14-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Oh duuude... hilarious.

And I agree with Hopes - Mel Gibson cannot hope to step to that level of vitriol.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:50 PM

Also, I really hope AnonChick is right, about the naughty child part, because I really hate to think about the family life if that indeed is the mother of small children.

I must confess to reading more threads, and I definitely felt dirty doing it... but it was train wreck territory and my morbid curiosity got the better of me.

And I have to add, I've been involved with all sorts of people - from spoiled brat over-indulged rockstars to people in AA who've been dealt a terrible and heartbreaking hand in life - and that's about on par with the absolute worst behavior I've witnessed. Thankfully none of it's really real.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:50 PM

Okay. I'm on page two. I've finally figured out which one she is. (I was confused at first.)

I think most of the other people posting on there are from the relationship forum, not this forum.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:59 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Finster the spoiled brat over-indulgent rock stars IN the AA meetings are the worst.

I have to go get the mail. Somebody needs to stand-by with the smelling salts for when Hopes comes back from her reading.

Old 12-14-2010, 02:05 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,515,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
I'm more sure now than before, that she is probably just a child, and if her mother found out she was posting she'd probably toss her computer out the window and ground her til she was 21.
That is why I actually went on & posted under my CD name b/c I was far annoyed that I was frequently mentioned in a many tirades (to put it lightly...) for being a poster on there that I was not after being on CD for many yrs & that he/she is definitely a confused/downtrottened teenager/young adult. I didn't care that I went under this screen name; the madness needs to stop, even for someone who cannot make it stop. I do believe the mysterious "repper" was the lost soul. As I said there & I will say here, washing my hands of that poster & not going to further add to what he/she is getting a thrill from for it is quite unhealthy for all of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting