Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2010, 09:06 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,752,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Checking in before I call it a night....long day...was up to my elbows in flour, sugar and eggs all day...(Christmas cookies). DewDrop's team seriously outplayed mine - not sure if I technically said "congratulations" on the W...Tomorrow I'll need to sit down and see where I am in my Christmas shopping...I have to finish up this week as I have boxes that need to get in the mail.
I have to say I commend you for your due diligence on making Christmas cookies. This year I think I am going to get tons of assorted cookies and candies and place them in different lovely tins. Pass it off as my own. Phew!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 09:13 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
OMG..... I just googled FinsterRufus to see what snippets might pop out, just out of curiosity, and I discovered an incredibly nasty and disgusting comment by certain name changing poster. It's on another forum and I'm not sure if I can quote it or post a link. Honestly, there were times when I thought people were too harsh on her but I never saw this side of it. I don't post on any other forums, apart from music software ones, and I like CD because it doesn't stoop to this kind of derogatory stuff, which I have no time for, and quite frankly am shocked by.

Am I allowed to post any of it? There are delightful snippets about nearly everybody in the chat thread. I consider everybody here a virtual friend and reading this cr@p has made me quite angry.
wow. Someone rep'ed me a few weeks ago and said a poster on here was on a completely different forum bad mouthing me. She hasn't been on here lately, and I don't know who the rep was from. I'd think people would have better things to do.

OMG I found it. Psycho!!! I googled myself too and found a listing of a bunch of different C-D posters listed in a different forum as enemies of a certain posted. Crazy!!

Old 12-13-2010, 09:15 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
Quote:
OMG..... I just googled FinsterRufus to see what snippets might pop out, just out of curiosity, and I discovered an incredibly nasty and disgusting comment by certain name changing poster. It's on another forum and I'm not sure if I can quote it or post a link. Honestly, there were times when I thought people were too harsh on her but I never saw this side of it. I don't post on any other forums, apart from music software ones, and I like CD because it doesn't stoop to this kind of derogatory stuff, which I have no time for, and quite frankly am shocked by.

Am I allowed to post any of it? There are delightful snippets about nearly everybody in the chat thread. I consider everybody here a virtual friend and reading this cr@p has made me quite angry.
I know which forum you're refering to. I've lurked there from time to time. It's. Really disturbing stuff. Someone is much more disturbed than even was apparent here. Much. FTR, this is the only place I post and truly, what you see is what you get.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:19 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,515,012 times
Quote:

I've gotten beyond several notices about that site & that poster kept insisting I was someone who was posting. Nope, not me. I laid it to rest yesterday. Bizarre is all I got to say. It's a snow day here & going to make cookies & playdough w/ the kids....much more valuable than posting hate on the internet. BTW, I wouldn't post any of it &; just let it go.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:20 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
wow. Someone rep'ed me a few weeks ago and said a poster on here was on a completely different forum bad mouthing me. She hasn't been on here lately, and I don't know who the rep was from. I'd think people would have better things to do.
Somebody rep'd me to, but in regards to 121804. I think she's been banned. And the things she posted on the other forum were vile and slanderous - I've never been to that forum so I guess it doesn't matter, but I'm astonished by the level of nastiness that she displayed toward people that she doesn't actually know, just because they disagreed about something. To bring us up on another forum that (well I, anyway) don't even post on is ridiculous. I don't get it.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:24 AM

Just FTR - I am not the anonymous repper either...Just want to let you know that....If I wanted to be anonymous about that I sure wouldn't have just said I'd been on that site!

Old 12-13-2010, 09:41 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,515,012 times
Quote:
Somebody rep'd me to, but in regards to 121804. I think she's been banned. And the things she posted on the other forum were vile and slanderous - I've never been to that forum so I guess it doesn't matter, but I'm astonished by the level of nastiness that she displayed toward people that she doesn't actually know, just because they disagreed about something. To bring us up on another forum that (well I, anyway) don't even post on is ridiculous. I don't get it.
Someone repping you about the posts on the other site slamming me??
Well, I've been on CD for quite some time. Anyone who has can tell my writing style & "persona". Banned, not banned, whatever. That other poster basically called out everyone one who posts on here on a regula basis. I don't even necessarily trust CD anymore & don't even post that much on here. The internet has gotten too big & to some extent, creepy.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
I have to say I commend you for your due diligence on making Christmas cookies. This year I think I am going to get tons of assorted cookies and candies and place them in different lovely tins. Pass it off as my own. Phew!
Yesterday I probably would have been right with you on that!

We just have certain cookies that only get made once a year. I don't make nearly the amount of cookies I did when the kids were little. This year, I am making enough only for DH to bring in to his office, to bring some into my office, and the rest just for us to enjoy. I used to make tons of cookies and candies and make up plates for friends and neighbors. Not so much anymore. I just don't have that kind of time and with one in college and one in braces my funds are more limited too...

Old 12-13-2010, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Just FTR - I am not the anonymous repper either...Just want to let you know that....If I wanted to be anonymous about that I sure wouldn't have just said I'd been on that site!
Actually it didn't sound like you MM... or anyone else here, for that matter.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
Someone repping you about the posts on the other site slamming me??
Well, I've been on CD for quite some time. Anyone who has can tell my writing style & "persona". Banned, not banned, whatever. That other poster basically called out everyone one who posts on here on a regula basis. I don't even necessarily trust CD anymore & don't even post that much on here. The internet has gotten too big & to some extent, creepy.
Yep. They asked if I was a friend of yours. But they didn't say who they were, and I had no idea what they were talking about, so I didn't think anything much of it.

Creepy, indeed. I had absolutely no idea how venomous someone would get about a few arguments. Truly disgusting, and disturbing, that it would matter that much to them. Kinda makes you wonder what else they're capable of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting