Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2011, 09:51 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,727,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I have significantly cut out energy drinks and soda.
I really only drink pepsi to take the advil to get rid of migraines or headaches. Well, here's your "kidney" pain, right here!! Plan on having an ulcer too!

My cell phone is not my top priority but its the ONLY phone I have, without it I wouldn't have a phone at all. No one would ever be able to reach me. I am not even paying for it right now and won't till my line is separated. Are you grateful?

Right now my goal is to save up as much money as possible and pay the bills I do have and then keep working on saving up money. Then SAVE it dang it!

I may also be letting BBB go because I can then work more at the gas station. My store manager asked me in my interview if I was interested in being assistant manager and if I get that position I will be making more than BBB and still have health benefits. BBB I won't be working up the ranks anytime soon, there's very little upper position turn over at BBB and MANY other people in line for promotion.
You are so, so very young. Oh what many of us would give to be your age again....to have the energy. You do have it you know...unfortunately you don't have the "perspective"..you don't know what it's like to NOT have it.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:58 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
txt - you are always so focused on what you don't have and what you believe everyone else DOES have (which I think you are WAY overestimating BTW). Have you ever tried focusing on what you DO have? Make a list of things to be grateful for. Several years ago, my DH was laid off. I had only been working a minimal number of hours (most of the pay went straight to my retirement account) so there went our benefits (well, we had COBRA which cost us over 1000/mo....more than our mortgage at the time...but DD had major surgery coming up for which we needed the coverage so it was not optional). I had a depressed and nervous husband, a 16 yo daughter facing major surgery which had some nasty risks associated with it, and a just entering teen years son who felt lost in all the shuffle. I literally wrote lists of things to be thankful for and read them every day so that I could get through the day focusing on those things and with a positive attitude rather than wallowing in the "oh woe is me" thing....

Old 01-27-2011, 10:02 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,837,498 times
Your back hurts because you stand all day at work.

Your head hurts because you are dehydrated from peeing and drinking so much pepsi.

I've never met someone who whines so much! Actually I haven't met you. But I am closer to your age than most of these people and honestly if I didn't know you where 21 I would think you where about 15 based on these posts.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Your back hurts because you stand all day at work.

Your head hurts because you are dehydrated from peeing and drinking so much pepsi.
I know....txt you ARE aware, are you not, that there is this inexpensive alternative to soda and energy drinks.....It's called WATER...and it is really good for washing things down. And yes, too much Advil is not good for your kidneys. More water, no Pepsi, no energy drinks = happy kidneys. Unhappy kidneys also cause back pain.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:09 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,956,884 times
Work can't be so horrible and busy if she's able to post on here while at work.....I'm assuming using the cell phone that she won't give up.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I know....txt you ARE aware, are you not, that there is this inexpensive alternative to soda and energy drinks.....It's called WATER...and it is really good for washing things down. And yes, too much Advil is not good for your kidneys. More water, no Pepsi, no energy drinks = happy kidneys. Unhappy kidneys also cause back pain.
I just have an inkling it's not her kidney that actually hurts. It's her back muscles from standing all day. Don't get my wrong kidney infections hurt SO much. I had one when I was that age. But usually that goes along with having lots of pain during urination, then you feel like you have to go all the time but you can't. and your pee actually smells bad. Also nothing really elevated kidney pain for me, except standing. It also felt more like someone was squeezing or stabbing me and woke me up all night.

If she seriously has a kidney infection she needs to go straight to the doctor.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:13 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,956,884 times
Quote:
I literally wrote lists of things to be thankful for and read them every day so that I could get through the day focusing on those things and with a positive attitude rather than wallowing in the "oh woe is me" thing....
Such good advice! Thank you. Helps me out a bit right now.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:19 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,185,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
The energy drinks are raising your blood pressure and giving you the headaches and migraines.
And the anxiety.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
I just have an inkling it's not her kidney that actually hurts. It's her back muscles from standing all day. Don't get my wrong kidney infections hurt SO much. I had one when I was that age. But usually that goes along with having lots of pain during urination, then you feel like you have to go all the time but you can't. and your pee actually smells bad. Also nothing really elevated kidney pain for me, except standing. It also felt more like someone was squeezing or stabbing me and woke me up all night.

If she seriously has a kidney infection she needs to go straight to the doctor.

Usually, but not always. DD has been hospitalized twice with kidney infections - she never has syptoms of a UTI until she has back pain...We learned that you can go to Walgreens and get test strips to test your urine. If she has back pain, that is one of the first things we do.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Usually, but not always. DD has been hospitalized twice with kidney infections - she never has syptoms of a UTI until she has back pain...We learned that you can go to Walgreens and get test strips to test your urine. If she has back pain, that is one of the first things we do.

I just have a feeling with miss complainy pants standing 12 hours a day it's hurting her back. Heck it hurt me to stand for 5.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting