Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2011, 02:09 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,083,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Ok listen here, I am just tired of working two jobs, running myself into the ground and not getting paid anything.
If I am working this hard and yes I am working hard, I was at BBB this morning from 9-12:30 and have to be at my other job by 3 today and I work till 11pm, I do this till Friday. This should be paying off so much more than it is. I should be making so much more money than I am making this is absolutely ridiculous that I don't have any more money than I do that this isn't paying off any more than it is.

I have worked EVERY SINGLE DAY for like the past two weeks, I don't get much sleep. Tonight I have to be at my new job till a little after 11pm and then go home sleep and be back at BBB at 9am.

If I had one day off, if I was making like $10/hr at each job, if it was paying off and benefiting me and not draining me and making me miserable then it would be worth it.
Oh, goodness! You're whining! There are many adults who don't make $10/hour. They're supporting families too. You are just starting out. It's such a shame you don't consider yourself lucky. You really should because you're not only lucky to have a job but you're lucky to be making $10/hour with benefits for your full time job at such a young age and having little work experience.

Quote:
I may quit BBB but it just makes me so sad to think about leaving there.
I almost quit today.
If you do quit, GIVE NOTICE! I won't even talk to you again if you quit without giving notice. You don't want me to do that!

Old 01-26-2011, 02:23 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Oh, goodness! You're whining! There are many adults who don't make $10/hour. They're supporting families too. You are just starting out. It's such a shame you don't consider yourself lucky. You really should because you're not only lucky to have a job but you're lucky to be making $10/hour with benefits for your full time job at such a young age and having little work experience.

If you do quit, GIVE NOTICE! I won't even talk to you again if you quit without giving notice. You don't want me to do that!

Old 01-26-2011, 02:36 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,185,020 times
txt, this attitude that you "should" be making more money is what all of us adults mean when we say your generation feels "entitled." What, pray tell, have you done to "deserve" to be paid better than you are??? If you want to make more money, suck it up, live with your mom, and learn a skill or a trade. Become an ultrasound tech, or a manicurist, or something. But don't expect to be handed a good paying job for no reason.

Old 01-26-2011, 02:48 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
txt, this attitude that you "should" be making more money is what all of us adults mean when we say your generation feels "entitled." What, pray tell, have you done to "deserve" to be paid better than you are??? .
That is all. Just one, big

Note to txtqueen: If you want to vent you need to find someplace that isn't full of men and women who have gotten up at the crack of dawn to work at a lousy job with an idiot boss for a measly paycheck we were somehow thankful to have because it meant we could pay the rent and buy food. Our feet hurt, the women are all saggy, we've sacrificed for our kids and our parents and when healthy 21-year olds whine about having to work hard we excuse ourselves from the computer to go swallow some prune juice. Sorry, but Muffy and Chet have been there, done that.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:13 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,427,403 times
Application /=Acceptance

Quote:
I got the application awhile back but I need a new one for this year. I will be calling and asking for that soon.
And I do want to be a cop.

Ok listen here, I am just tired of working two jobs, running myself into the ground and not getting paid anything.
If I am working this hard and yes I am working hard, I was at BBB this morning from 9-12:30 and have to be at my other job by 3 today and I work till 11pm, I do this till Friday. This should be paying off so much more than it is. I should be making so much more money than I am making this is absolutely ridiculous that I don't have any more money than I do that this isn't paying off any more than it is.

I have worked EVERY SINGLE DAY for like the past two weeks, I don't get much sleep. Tonight I have to be at my new job till a little after 11pm and then go home sleep and be back at BBB at 9am.

If I had one day off, if I was making like $10/hr at each job, if it was paying off and benefiting me and not draining me and making me miserable then it would be worth it.
What world are you living in where you think you will be working LESS hours as a cop but making more money?

Old 01-26-2011, 03:20 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,957,954 times
Wish I could rep you all but I can't yet.....

Considering my husband is unemployed right now, hearing her whine is over the top to say the least.

Entitled is an excellent way to put it.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:28 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,838,205 times
Wait. You make $10 an hour and thats bad? Thats more than I made at any retail job EVER. When I started at Abercrombie I made $5.50 and hour. Sometimes, if I didn't get a lot of hours that week I would get paychecks that where about $17 after taxes.

My mom got a little job at William Sanoma and made $7.25 and this was just two years ago. She was 50! She never ever complained. Instead she enjoyed getting a discount on nice kitchen stuff.

I did make $30 as a beer spokes girl. But if you can't handle the stress of retail it's not for you at all. You can't punch someone in the face if they touch you, all you can do is tell security and hope they kick him out.

Old 01-26-2011, 06:10 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,795,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
you would make much more after 4+ years of college. I made minimum wage + tips all the way through college. That's just the way it works.
She's not even attending college full time. Most of us who -did- attend 4 years full time, worked AND attended full time college, and managed to cover our expenses. How? Well hm. We didn't have cable TV. We didn't have cell phones. We didn't have internet. We didn't go out for drinks with our pals every few nights. We cooked our own meals instead of dining out every day. We didn't buy new clothes and instead bought used clothes at thrift shops and "vintage boutiques." We had more than one part time job, and never once felt we "should" be making more.

dramaqueen, you're working a crap job for people who can't do any better. You are earning exactly what you deserve to earn. If you want better, earn better. And stop whining.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:00 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
She's not even attending college full time. Most of us who -did- attend 4 years full time, worked AND attended full time college, and managed to cover our expenses. How? Well hm. We didn't have cable TV. We didn't have cell phones. We didn't have internet. We didn't go out for drinks with our pals every few nights. We cooked our own meals instead of dining out every day. We didn't buy new clothes and instead bought used clothes at thrift shops and "vintage boutiques." We had more than one part time job, and never once felt we "should" be making more.
Very true. And I didn't have a car until I was a senior in college. I couldn't afford one, and no one was going to buy one for me. I caught the bus. No TV at all, and we ate out on payday, and then that was it, home cooking after that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting