Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2010, 04:10 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,516,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
I am almost postive it is one of us having a laugh at Sybils expense. I doubt Sybil herself has the humor in her to poke fun at herself.

As for [domain blocked due to spam], she is still ranting and raving on there like a psycho lunatic. Some things never change. What gets me is if she hates us all so much that she has to devote her life to ragging on us then why does she continue to post here under one of her aliases as if nothing ever happened?
Those rants are still going on? Wow.
I've been reading & organizing/decluttering the past several days in my free time. After reading the new post, glad that is what I've been doing. Makes me a lot happier

Old 12-28-2010, 04:13 PM

1,731 posts, read 4,685,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
Those rants are still going on? Wow.
I've been reading & organizing/decluttering the past several days in my free time. After reading the new post, glad that is what I've been doing. Makes me a lot happier
Yeah. I was bored earlier and got caught up over there. It was good for a giggle at first but really how many times can one keep ranting the same bs. It got pretty boring quickly. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:04 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,838,927 times
Has anyone read "Eat this not that"? It's pretty much ruining my whole life.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:05 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,472,760 times
Hey guys....just thought I'd say "hi"....kinda slow here....

Old 12-28-2010, 09:45 PM

13,429 posts, read 9,962,678 times
Hi mm... all...

So the inlaws left today, I want to say "finally" but that would sound like I don't love them and I do. It's just after 7 days I start to get annoyed even though I try really hard not to.

There's something about parents - they tend to stay parentish even after their kids are in their 40's, (I guess I'll do the same when dd's grown) and coming from a family of exactly one person besides myself I find the whole thing unbearably smothering after a while. They mean extremely well, bless em, but I'm glad we have our space back.

I haven't had one minute to lurk over here let alone post, so I hope everyone's holiday was what they were hoping for and you all had a fabulous time.

I must get caught up on the going's on around here.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:51 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,553,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Hi mm... all...

So the inlaws left today, I want to say "finally" but that would sound like I don't love them and I do. It's just after 7 days I start to get annoyed even though I try really hard not to.

There's something about parents - they tend to stay parentish even after their kids are in their 40's, (I guess I'll do the same when dd's grown) and coming from a family of exactly one person besides myself I find the whole thing unbearably smothering after a while. They mean extremely well, bless em, but I'm glad we have our space back.

I haven't had one minute to lurk over here let alone post, so I hope every-one's holiday was what they were hoping for and you all had a fabulous time.

I must get caught up on the going's on around here.
We've all been busy during the Christmas Season, decoration, cooking, family coming to stay....My holiday was fantastic, family, food, sharing...
now I have the time to sit back and enjoy the memories that this past Christmas has given me and I will treasure them dearly!!! And of course to check out things that have been going on here...

Old 12-28-2010, 10:22 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,092,139 times
Quote:
There's something about parents - they tend to stay parentish even after their kids are in their 40's, (I guess I'll do the same when dd's grown)
How can we AVOID becoming our parents when we become grandparents? We have to find out! I don't want it to happen to me!

Old 12-28-2010, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
How can we AVOID becoming our parents when we become grandparents? We have to find out! I don't want it to happen to me!
I know! Buggered if I know. Let me know if you find out. (Wow lots of knows in that line).

I'm hoping I can strike a better balance - appreciating my kid is a grown adult (when that happens, can't really imagine it yet) while still biologically my kid (if that makes sense).

I think my MIL has a hard time not being in charge of every situation at every given moment too, which doesn't help. She's doing a pretty good job of trying not to control every little thing but it creeps in every now and then.

I have to say though, she has told me that she thinks we're wonderful parents because she tried to have everything be totally perfect when MrFinsterRufus was a kid and she wished she had been a little more relaxed in her approach. Which I think was hard for her to admit, and it was very self aware and generous of her to do so.

Old 12-28-2010, 10:50 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,092,139 times
Quote:
I have to say though, she has told me that she thinks we're wonderful parents because she tried to have everything be totally perfect when MrFinsterRufus was a kid and she wished she had been a little more relaxed in her approach. Which I think was hard for her to admit, and it was very self aware and generous of her to do so.
What a sweet compliment! That alone was worth their visit!

Old 12-28-2010, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
What a sweet compliment! That alone was worth their visit!
Well, it was almost cancelled out by the red and white and green courdoroy monstrosity with gingerbread people she brought for mini FR to wear on Christmas Eve, but not quite.

I jest. (mostly). Yes, it was very sweet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting