Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2010, 11:05 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,838,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Well, it was almost cancelled out by the red and white and green courdoroy monstrosity with gingerbread people she brought for mini FR to wear on Christmas Eve, but not quite.
At least it wasn't pink bunny footie pajamas

Old 12-29-2010, 08:13 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,958,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
So the inlaws left today, I want to say "finally" but that would sound like I don't love them and I do. It's just after 7 days I start to get annoyed even though I try really hard not to.
If it takes you that long before you start getting annoyed, you are a saint.

Two days tops for me.

Old 12-29-2010, 08:20 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,753,437 times
I have a question for you ladies and I was thinking of starting a thread about it but decided against it.

Where do you take your tween girl who has a very well endowed body along with height and doesn't like the little girl stores like Justice and stuff? I have a neice who is coming to visit with me and I am having a hard time thinking about taking her shopping. I helped raise her and a part of me just wants to throw her into a nunnery and never let her out but alas I must let her grow up. She has been dying for me to buy her stuff from Victoria Secrets. Not the sexy stuff, their pink line and I vomited in my mouth thinking about it.

Old 12-29-2010, 08:49 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,472,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
If it takes you that long before you start getting annoyed, you are a saint.

Two days tops for me.
Right there with you.

So I spend the later part of the evening in the ER last night. DS and his friends were goofing around wrestling and DS hurt his neck and couldn't feel his fingers or walk ...He's fine but spent 2 1/2 hours and the ER copay making sure. Nothing like getting a phone call from your son's friends telling you that 'he hurt his neck and doesn't look good. We're taking him to the hospital"....to get your adrenaline going.

Old 12-29-2010, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Right there with you.

So I spend the later part of the evening in the ER last night. DS and his friends were goofing around wrestling and DS hurt his neck and couldn't feel his fingers or walk ...He's fine but spent 2 1/2 hours and the ER copay making sure. Nothing like getting a phone call from your son's friends telling you that 'he hurt his neck and doesn't look good. We're taking him to the hospital"....to get your adrenaline going.
OMG I bet your heart was racing! Thank God he is ok!

Old 12-29-2010, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
I have a question for you ladies and I was thinking of starting a thread about it but decided against it.

Where do you take your tween girl who has a very well endowed body along with height and doesn't like the little girl stores like Justice and stuff? I have a neice who is coming to visit with me and I am having a hard time thinking about taking her shopping. I helped raise her and a part of me just wants to throw her into a nunnery and never let her out but alas I must let her grow up. She has been dying for me to buy her stuff from Victoria Secrets. Not the sexy stuff, their pink line and I vomited in my mouth thinking about it.
What are you shopping for? Clothing or underwear? DD's best friend had that same challenge. I think she just shopped in the jr. dept at dept. stores. Underwear may require something different, depending on just how well-endowed she is.

Old 12-29-2010, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
OMG I bet your heart was racing! Thank God he is ok!
Yes, it was scary to think of exactly how bad it could be to make 17 yo boys decide someone didn't look good and should probably go to the hospital. They were wrestling each other in someone's basement, putting each other in headlocks etc...The ER nurse really gave them what-for. Doubt they'll be doing that again.

Old 12-29-2010, 08:55 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
mm I'm glad he's OK. Beachmel was in the E.R. too. Check the "Laundry/towels" thread.

Old 12-29-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
What are you shopping for? Clothing or underwear? DD's best friend had that same challenge. I think she just shopped in the jr. dept at dept. stores. Underwear may require something different, depending on just how well-endowed she is.
I am a 36C or D and she is a 36 double dd and only 13 years old! I was thinking Macys, Dillards, Forever 21 and we are shopping for both. So she asked about VS and I nearly died. I guess its wrapping my head around the fact that A) She is a big girl and B) She is still in my eyes a little girl.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:00 AM

I'm with you. I'd have a hard time taking a 13 yo to VS. Just don't think I could do it. I'd stick with the stores you mentioned, plus Kohls or American Eagle....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting