Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 01:09 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,090,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Yah unless you are the guy who is falsely accused of "Clearly" raping someone's sister. Call me crazy, but I kinda believe in due process.
I meant clearly as in clearly. No mistakes. 100% identified. Just like I wouldn't mistake who my neighbor is, or who my best friend is.

I just fear in this case that even if it goes to trial, and it was proven beyond any doubt that the man did molest/try to molest the guys daughter, that the father would still get jail time, which is not right at all.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:10 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowanStern View Post
Do you think I implied that nothing should have been done about it, just let it go, and it should not even have been reported to the police?

Let me set it out in a way that even a simple mind can comprehend it:

Step 1 -- Intercede to stop the ongoing molestation. No brainer, right?

Step 2 -- Report the criminal incident to proper authorities, to prosecute and engage in appropriate judicial followup.

Why do you have so much trouble grasping the way things have been done in your own country ever since we discontinued lynch mobs and enforcement groups like the KKK?
In the 80's there was a horrible excuse of a human being nick named the Night Stalker who crawled through windows in So Cal and raped, tortured and murdered innocent people in their beds.

You'll be glad to know that when he was discovered by the good citizens of East L.A. he was indeed reported to the proper authorities and had the appropriate judicial followup.

Of course the people who found him running through their neighborhood beat the crap out of him when they found him and the LAPD had to basically rescue him, but, doggone it! He got his trial.

I was quite happy to learn about just how he was captured, BTW. I think it's one thing to talk loftily about our justice system and quite another to know what it's like to lock your doors and window at night to protect your family while a murderer is driving the streets picking out his victims randomly. Which we had to do. One of his victims was a friend of a friend. What the killer did to that victim (one of many) was so disgusting I'll not repeat it on a family forum. You probably do not want to know what I'd have gladly done to him if he'd done that to someone in my family.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:13 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissesAnna View Post
I cant believe there are some people here saying they would "feel bad later" about beating the guy to death! Umm, your child was almost killed and their life forever ruined in the most perverse and vile way and you would have regret about killing the person (you caught in the act) doing it?
The article said the father felt remorseful and did not mean to kill the man. Maybe you could write him a letter and tell him he is spineless and lacking in common sense.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:15 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,099,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
In the 80's there was a horrible excuse of a human being nick named the Night Stalker who crawled through windows in So Cal and raped, tortured and murdered innocent people in their beds.

You'll be glad to know that when he was discovered by the good citizens of East L.A. he was indeed reported to the proper authorities and had the appropriate judicial followup.

Of course the people who found him running through their neighborhood beat the crap out of him when they found him and the LAPD had to basically rescue him, but, doggone it! He got his trial.

I was quite happy to learn about just how he was captured, BTW. I think it's one thing to talk loftily about our justice system and quite another to know what it's like to lock your doors and window at night to protect your family while a murderer is driving the streets picking out his victims randomly. Which we had to do. One of his victims was a friend of a friend. What the killer did to that victim (one of many) was so disgusting I'll not repeat it on a family forum. You probably do not want to know what I'd have gladly done to him if he'd done that to someone in my family.
dEw my aunt lived in one of these neighborhoods and she was a young woman who lived by herself and my dad asked her to fly home because of the night stalker and she did but it was a good thing because the office where she worked had a lady working there that was a victim of him and i wont mention her name either . But yeah I wont be scared out of my house and if someone was on top of my child like I said hot grits and a cast iron skillet . Im pretty sure the skillet would do what this father did to that piece of pond scum who was on top of his child . Im sorry but if i am ever on a jury that tried to prosecute a father or a mother for defending her child , Im voting not guilty every time .

Old 06-19-2012, 01:26 PM

452 posts, read 898,747 times
I honestly hope in my heart that the father does not go to jail from what I have read the man in question had his pants down and underwear. We are judging the father but what about judging the man that is silent and dead in all of this.

The so called victim-assailant had nothing to lose and wanted everything for him to have taken the 4 year old by force which is what someone told in a police report and taken her to the barn so no one could have found them is just wrong. From what it sounds the father was looking for the child and in a split second he found her (innocent) with a grown man on top of her with his PANTS and UNDERWEAR DOWN NOT JUST PANTS. This man was looking for one thing-his own pleasure it does not make what the father did right but I am sorry it only takes a split second to hurt someone and in this instance it was either the father hurt the assailant or the assailant hurt the 4 YEAR OLD daughter. The daughter is scared for life number one for the man taking her in that manner and number two she saw her dad have rage brought out of him that she should have never seen.
This man was from Mexico on a green card he would have been deported or sat in jail while being paid by taxpayers to eat food which he would have never gotten in a Mexican prison. I am tired of paying for convicts to sit in jail and get three meals a day-air conditioning, etc. when there are children out there getting maybe 1 or 2 a day sometimes not just in our country but others. This is another issue for a different forum however.

'Children are the world's most valuable resource and its best hope for the future”. John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Old 06-19-2012, 01:47 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
dEw my aunt lived in one of these neighborhoods and she was a young woman who lived by herself and my dad asked her to fly home because of the night stalker and she did but it was a good thing because the office where she worked had a lady working there that was a victim of him and i wont mention her name either . But yeah I wont be scared out of my house and if someone was on top of my child like I said hot grits and a cast iron skillet . Im pretty sure the skillet would do what this father did to that piece of pond scum who was on top of his child . Im sorry but if i am ever on a jury that tried to prosecute a father or a mother for defending her child , Im voting not guilty every time .
I must say I'm very much a "law and order" type and don't consider myself blood thirsty.

But that particular case was so evil and horrific I came to understand why some people react the way they do.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:01 PM

689 posts, read 2,162,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
I'm very suspicious that your steps accurately describe the procedure the father in question was following, however, killing a man by striking him in the head probably isn't as difficult and does not require as much time and effort as many here seem to believe.
Try to follow the thread. I was describing what should have happened (and normally does happen) in a modern civilized republic --- Protect the girl from further immediate harm and let the authorities do the rest.

People are harder to kill than you might think. Terrorists go into crowded places and set off dynamite, and it only kills 3 or 4 people. Hundreds walk away from plane crashes and train wrecks. Tornadoes level entire towns to ground level, and only kill a dozen or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Several years ago, there was a story about a little girl in California (Garden Grove?) who was kidnapped, savagely raped for hours, and then strangled. I felt at the time, and still do, that if the man who did it was in front of me I could shoot him in cold blood. I do believe that killing can be justified, but the concept does not give me pleasure.
Not to diminish the present incident, but I think if I were a parent or a bystander or a tabloid reader, I would be able to see the difference between being savagely raped for hours and then strangled, and being gently fondled by a person trying to win affection. My sense of outrage would be variable on that scale, but maybe that's just me. When the news media starts throwing around words like pedophile and molest, they fall over themselves avoiding making any distinctions, and happlily let their for-profit readers think them all the same. (Where the Texas incident falls on that scale is, I think, still conjectural, but I've not been told that she was constrained nor physically harmed, nor forced against resistance.)

I've seen estimates as high as 60% as the number of American women who say they were sexually molested as children. If that is the case, where is the mass psychological trauma pervading our deeply brutalized female society that has scarred half our nation so badly that brutal execution without due process of every fondling perpetrator is the minimum acceptable response? For a lot of girls, maybe most, a fleeting instance in pre-pubescence of fondling has probably been no more traumatic than having their lunch money stolen by a bully, or being sent to bed without dessert for not eating their spinach, or having their brother cut the head off their doll. S*** happens, we survive.

And at the end of the day, somebody was murdered, to rounds of applause. Thumbs up to the lions.

By the way, before all the women line up against me, keep in mind that I'm a father judging a father here. And, boys get molested too, you know, and if press publicity in the past few decades (and days) is anything to go by, boys being fondled is more serious and more widespread than girls.

Last edited by CowanStern; 06-19-2012 at 02:37 PM..

Old 06-19-2012, 02:05 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,968,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Did the liberals chime in yet how this man should be sent to jail for killing another?

I hope the proof is clear as day and there are no charges against the father. I don't blame him, and I think certain times, let people take matters into their own hands.

I just talked to a friend this past weekend, who knows someone in his home town who went through a similar situation. The older brother found out who raped his sister, confronted the guy, beat him until he died. The brother ended up doing 3 years in prison. If it was clear that the man that was killed is who raped the sister, then who cares?
I'm as liberal as they come, and I have no problem with this father's actions. As far as I'm concerned, any injuries that a perpetrator receives while committing a crime are their fault, and only their fault.

Now, if this father had grabbed his daughter, walked her away, and returned with a gun? Totally different. That is vigilantism, and has no place in our society. I would have voted that brother guilty for the same reason.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:42 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,099,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I'm as liberal as they come, and I have no problem with this father's actions. As far as I'm concerned, any injuries that a perpetrator receives while committing a crime are their fault, and only their fault.

Now, if this father had grabbed his daughter, walked her away, and returned with a gun? Totally different. That is vigilantism, and has no place in our society. I would have voted that brother guilty for the same reason.
Exactly and maybe this father thinks exactly like me too often judges let this type of pond scum walk our streets to rape our children over and over again Im done with my taxes paying for the pond scum and putting good people on trial for defending their children in these types of cases like i said having the choice I will vote not guilty every time a mother or father was defending their child . This pond scum deserved what he got .

Old 06-19-2012, 03:08 PM

88,617 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowanStern View Post
Try to follow the thread. I was describing what should have happened (and normally does happen) in a modern civilized republic --- Protect the girl from further immediate harm and let the authorities do the rest.

People are harder to kill than you might think. Terrorists go into crowded places and set off dynamite, and it only kills 3 or 4 people. Hundreds walk away from plane crashes and train wrecks. Tornadoes level entire towns to ground level, and only kill a dozen or so.

Not to diminish the present incident, but I think if I were a parent or a bystander or a tabloid reader, I would be able to see the difference between being savagely raped for hours and then strangled, and being gently fondled by a person trying to win affection. My sense of outrage would be variable on that scale, but maybe that's just me. When the news media starts throwing around words like pedophile and molest, they fall over themselves avoiding making any distinctions, and happlily let their for-profit readers think them all the same. (Where the Texas incident falls on that scale is, I think, still conjectural, but I've not been told that she was constrained nor physically harmed, nor forced against resistance.)

I've seen estimates as high as 60% as the number of American women who say they were sexually molested as children. If that is the case, where is the mass psychological trauma pervading our deeply brutalized female society that has scarred half our nation so badly that brutal execution without due process of every fondling perpetrator is the minimum acceptable response? For a lot of girls, maybe most, a fleeting instance in pre-pubescence of fondling has probably been no more traumatic than having their lunch money stolen by a bully, or being sent to bed without dessert for not eating their spinach, or having their brother cut the head off their doll. S*** happens, we survive.

And at the end of the day, somebody was murdered, to rounds of applause. Thumbs up to the lions.

By the way, before all the women line up against me, keep in mind that I'm a father judging a father here. And, boys get molested too, you know, and if press publicity in the past few decades (and days) is anything to go by, boys being fondled is more serious and more widespread than girls.
I think it is "just you". A grown man "gently fondling" a four-year-old girl is NOT NORMAL, dude. And the idea that you even used that term to describe child molestation and even worse, describe a sexual act with a four-year-old girl as "trying to win affection" is more than a little creepy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting