Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2014, 08:51 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,159,022 times

Advertisements

Although, I have continued to read this thread, I have not commented in quite some time.

Jersey, you should be very, very proud of how your daughter really "stepped up" and is handling this whole situation. I really believe that she will be a success and your grandchild will be raised in a loving, positive environment. It demonstrates that you raised your child well that she is able to be doing so well right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2014, 08:56 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
His typical answer (to everything) "yeah, I know".
Is that his blow-off answer? Or is that how he admits that he knows she's right, but he won't likely heed her advice because he has no control over his parents?

Old 09-10-2014, 04:04 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,763,548 times
He's a know it all.

Um, when she was pregnant and her feet were swollen and hurting. "I know".
When you talk to him about quantum physics, "I know".

It's a stock answer. I would call it part blow off and part you're right.

Old 09-10-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Although, I have continued to read this thread, I have not commented in quite some time.

Jersey, you should be very, very proud of how your daughter really "stepped up" and is handling this whole situation. I really believe that she will be a success and your grandchild will be raised in a loving, positive environment. It demonstrates that you raised your child well that she is able to be doing so well right now.
Thank you so much. So often we wonder as parents if we have done a good enough job. I have felt that if I did we wouldn't be in this situation but I'd say she is handling it well and we are not enabling either.

She had her responsibilities that she has to keep. There is no deviation from them. She still needs guidance and nudging and sometimes it's just nerve wracking but then it clicks and we see she can handle it.

Old 09-20-2014, 08:23 PM

We just survived the first cold and fever.

Poor little sweetie.

She was running a fever. Nothing horrible for a baby but high nonetheless. Almost 102. It was the day before she was to visit with her father and he was taking her to a relative's home 1 1/2 hours away, my daughter took her to the doctor. My daughter told fob that baby wasn't feeling well and really shouldn't be around others and so far away.

His answer was "well I'll just keep you posted". The fever spiked up again in the evening and my daughter told him she wasn't going and he could have the following day instead as long as the fever stayed down. He agreed to this, thankfully because it just wasn't happening.

It brought back memories of my girls being sick when they were small. How I just hate to see a little one sick.

Old 09-20-2014, 11:36 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,392,322 times
I'm glad it worked out. Finally...the fob was actually reasonable.

Old 09-21-2014, 03:01 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,251,584 times
I'm really glad that FOB was reasonable.

Old 09-21-2014, 05:28 AM

Me too.

I have to be honest. Even if he didn't agree after the fever spiked, she wasn't letting the baby go to be out all day.

I'm just glad they worked it out rationally and there was no conflict around it.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:19 AM

5,989 posts, read 6,783,775 times
The earlier that your daughter realizes that she doesnt have to dance to his tune, the better things will be for her and the baby. She is complying with the visitation order as much as possible, but she is still the mother, and if the baby is too sick to go, she is right to put her foot down. Btw, even though fever is gone, she is still contagious, and is going to bring them all a little present to share.

How is the colic?

Old 09-21-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
The earlier that your daughter realizes that she doesnt have to dance to his tune, the better things will be for her and the baby. She is complying with the visitation order as much as possible, but she is still the mother, and if the baby is too sick to go, she is right to put her foot down. Btw, even though fever is gone, she is still contagious, and is going to bring them all a little present to share.

How is the colic?
Now that she's more active, it's getting so much better. She is tiring her little self out now. It's duration is less.

She does need to talk to the doctor about reflux though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting