Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2016, 04:35 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,742,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Wow, interesting. I have loads of friends all over the US and everyone is out of school by this Friday. Even the NE.
Not most public schools. NYC schools get out June 28th. Most NJ schools get out sometime during the week June 20th. Most schools in Massachusetts the same.

Maybe private schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 04:51 PM

4,512 posts, read 5,058,283 times
These days, most school leaders need their asses kicked ! I hope that if that punk says anything or tries anything to that gal again she gives him another beating. Nothing good happens when you let bullies get away with this kind of stuff.

Old 06-09-2016, 05:09 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,088,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
Wow, interesting. I have loads of friends all over the US and everyone is out of school by this Friday. Even the NE.
The area we just moved from doesn't get out until the end of June.

Old 06-09-2016, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Goodness.

With her martial arts training does she have to register her hands as a deadly weapon and provide proper notice wherever she goes?
We were told that since we were trained in martial arts and self defense we had to be extra careful with fighting back. This was doubly stressed to us when we became black belts and were basically told that if we hit someone first, we could be in huge trouble.

Old 06-09-2016, 05:31 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,693,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydeen View Post
I am SO angry! It's really great I found a parenting forum because I need it. Why is it kids that defend themselves no matter how justifiable get in trouble?? My daughter who is 16 was walking to one of her classes when a boy started heckling her, when she told him to scram (what she said was worse, my daughter isn't afraid to stand up for herself) he grabbed her rear!

Now lots of other girls would be in shock or so surprised they just take it and tell a teacher but not my daughter. She immediately turned around, punched him in the face two times. Now my daughter is 5'10, takes martial arts and even lifts weights as well as other physically demanding things so she can hit pretty hard!

Well before even my daughter could tell what happened the boy (who is part of the football team no less) went straight to the principal so I get a call at work and immediately go up there. And my daughter is there and so is the boy with his mother and he is CRYING and bleeding from his nose! She got him good but was acting like the victim. The principal told me my daughter was suspended for five days and the whole "violence is never acceptable" speech despite HIM grabbing my daughter!

Even the boys mother was giving me real dirty looks. My daughter explained her case and it was obviously self-defense but that didn't seem to matter. Not that I want my daughter to use violence but in that case it was certainly justified.

I took my daughter home and said she was in the right and she wouldn't be in trouble at home.

But again, while I don't advocate violence I am proud of her, proud of her for not just taking it and turning this football player into a cry baby

I still find it absurd my daughter was suspended. I hate this zero tolerance or zero brain approach schools have.
Insist the administration call the cops and have the boy arrested for sexual assault. She was defending herself against a crime.

Old 06-09-2016, 05:33 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,693,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I told my my son (my daughter is too young):

First unwanted touch = say NO and tell an adult
Second time = tell an adult again
Third time = beat the sh*t out of them

I see no issue with this.
The castrated crap heads running schools these days are not going to teach my kid that people can physically violate you with no consequences.
Stan, walk up to any woman on the street and grab her ass. See what happens to you. You would be lucky if you don't end up having to register as a sex offender. Sexual assault is a crime everywhere.

Old 06-09-2016, 05:37 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Stan, walk up to any woman on the street and grab her ass. See what happens to you. You would be lucky if you don't end up having to register as a sex offender. Sexual assault is a crime everywhere.
Wth are you talking about?

I absolutely think this girl was assaulted and think the cops should be called.

In fact, it's not just my opinion, it is the law.

I don't know what point you're trying to make.

Old 06-09-2016, 06:15 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,981,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I agree.

You say you don't advocate violence, yet in the same post you're bragging about how big and strong she is and how she can stand up for herself. Well, this is what happens when she stands up for herself with her fists.

FWIW, he also could be charged with misdemeanor sexual battery since he allegedly grabbed her butt. Just because it occurs in a school building doesn't mean it's not a crime.

However, your daughter could also be charged with misdemeanor assault, sooooo ....
She was defending herself.

Old 06-09-2016, 06:32 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,229,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
We were told that since we were trained in martial arts and self defense we had to be extra careful with fighting back. This was doubly stressed to us when we became black belts and were basically told that if we hit someone first, we could be in huge trouble.
Yes. Because that is battery.

Most jurisdictions don't have an amplifier because you've had some training. You don't get your own special section of law.

A prosecutor could try and use it against you in that you should be able to control force, etc. It would typically be pretty flimsy though.

There typically isn't social law for those who took some classes.

Her martial arts training wouldn't be any more relevant than his football training

Old 06-09-2016, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Yes. Because that is battery.

Most jurisdictions don't have an amplifier because you've had some training. You don't get your own special section of law.

A prosecutor could try and use it against you in that you should be able to control force, etc. It would typically be pretty flimsy though.

There typically isn't social law for those who took some classes.

Her martial arts training wouldn't be any more relevant than his football training
It may not actual be worse in the eyes of the law, but most believe that a person who is trained to fight should practice more restraint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting