Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2016, 01:19 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Agree with the first one.
Second time I would notify the police since clearly the school didnt "fix" the issues
I don't think three is ever warranted as written. Physically protect yourself and stop them from touching you. Physically punishing them by escalating the violence? Not warranted.
We don't know that he didn't stop touching her because she punched him.

I remember pushing a boy away multiple times and finally it just hit him in the face. Because he wouldn't stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 01:22 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,196,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I applaud your daughter for standing up for herself and you for recognizing that.

If more women weren't intimidated against defending themselves against sexual assault, there'd be a lot less of it. As for those that suggest telling the teacher? Lol. Let's be real here, the school wouldn't have done jack beyond maybe giving him a lunch detention or something.

The school is a disgrace.
I don't think all schools are created equal wrt this. But my DD has no confidence in the school's ability to handle harassment or bullying issues.

Old 06-09-2016, 01:24 PM

1,931 posts, read 2,172,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydeen View Post
I am SO angry! It's really great I found a parenting forum because I need it. Why is it kids that defend themselves no matter how justifiable get in trouble?? My daughter who is 16 was walking to one of her classes when a boy started heckling her, when she told him to scram (what she said was worse, my daughter isn't afraid to stand up for herself) he grabbed her rear!

Now lots of other girls would be in shock or so surprised they just take it and tell a teacher but not my daughter. She immediately turned around, punched him in the face two times. Now my daughter is 5'10, takes martial arts and even lifts weights as well as other physically demanding things so she can hit pretty hard!

Well before even my daughter could tell what happened the boy (who is part of the football team no less) went straight to the principal so I get a call at work and immediately go up there. And my daughter is there and so is the boy with his mother and he is CRYING and bleeding from his nose! She got him good but was acting like the victim. The principal told me my daughter was suspended for five days and the whole "violence is never acceptable" speech despite HIM grabbing my daughter!

Even the boys mother was giving me real dirty looks. My daughter explained her case and it was obviously self-defense but that didn't seem to matter. Not that I want my daughter to use violence but in that case it was certainly justified.

I took my daughter home and said she was in the right and she wouldn't be in trouble at home.

But again, while I don't advocate violence I am proud of her, proud of her for not just taking it and turning this football player into a cry baby

I still find it absurd my daughter was suspended. I hate this zero tolerance or zero brain approach schools have.
Does she have witnesses? Basically it is a he said she said if there are no witnesses, and by escalating the situation, she is the one left with the consequences.

Unfortunately many schools have adapted the zero tolerance policy. We also have tied hands when it is a he said, she said situation without witnesses.

Old 06-09-2016, 01:50 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,776,914 times
The way I see it, is that your daughter STOPPED A SEXUAL ASSAULT, using a self-defense technique. She turned around, immediately, and hit him? ... as in, he was still, basically 'upon her' when she hit him? If so, then she was stopping his sexual battery of her. For all your daughter knew, the assault was still ongoing, when she acted to stop it.

The incident began with his verbal assault of your daughter. That verbal assault, from which she HAD attempted to walk away, had already escalated to sexual assault, when your daughter turned around and stopped it, BEFORE the sexual assault could escalate yet again, to full-blown rape. Women ARE being raped, and even killed, in schools, today. Who knows whether or not the butt-grabbing was a precursor to your daughter's being dragged or pushed into a restroom or janitor's closet, and brutally raped? I repeat, she had ALREADY attempted to walk away, when he grabbed her.

And the presence of other students may not have been enough to preclude rape. Notice the story below, where two boys did the raping, while another took pictures, and a fourth simply 'witnessed'.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/alief...dent/226910477

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/18/us/mas...d-chism-trial/

Football players are sacred. They can do no wrong, in the eyes of the sick creatures running most schools. So, I really am not surprised that the 'administration' would take the side of their sacred little fuhbawl hero. They mostly do.

Are there witnesses? If so, you may have access to certain remedies...

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 06-09-2016 at 02:36 PM..

Old 06-09-2016, 01:54 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,355,682 times
Punching someone is not self-defense when other alternatives are available--walking away and going to a teacher or the principal.

Old 06-09-2016, 02:00 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,742,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
We don't know that he didn't stop touching her because she punched him.

I remember pushing a boy away multiple times and finally it just hit him in the face. Because he wouldn't stop.
True. But she didn't bother even trying to push him away. Instead her first choice was to escalate the violence. Understandable for a teen but still deserving of a suspension.

Old 06-09-2016, 02:06 PM

1,166 posts, read 1,636,348 times
I can't read all of these comments, so I'll just say the boy assaulted her first when he grabbed her. At that point, the girl had every right to defend herself physically. Secondly, the boy (a football player no less) is a little b***h for running to the Principal's office. He should have just tended to his wounded face and pride, and chalked it up as a valuable lesson.

Old 06-09-2016, 02:13 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,249,210 times
simple. hire a lawyer. round up the witnesses, and sue the hell out of the school.

get on foxnews, and rally for self defense rights in pubic schools.

Old 06-09-2016, 02:13 PM

13,286 posts, read 8,463,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
Punching someone is not self-defense when other alternatives are available--walking away and going to a teacher or the principal.
Correct 100%! Any true self defense teaches what is and isn't self defense tactics. I tend to think this young lady was ill advised during her alledged courses in how to handle true threats of harm.

The moment she punched- assault transpired.

Old 06-09-2016, 02:57 PM

18,531 posts, read 18,765,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Correct 100%! Any true self defense teaches what is and isn't self defense tactics. I tend to think this young lady was ill advised during her alledged courses in how to handle true threats of harm.

The moment she punched- assault transpired.
So this young girl who was groped cant defend herself on school premises... if she went to the head teacher she would be slagged off by this monster who thought it was ok to demean a female student. its not right and I wish I had the guts she had... if it had been in a parking lot she would have been a hero.. in school shes making this moron who touched her the victim....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting