Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2018, 10:24 AM

113 posts, read 78,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Is there any reason to believe a wedding has not already occurred? The "in-laws" referring to him as "son" may be telling.
The dad has referred to my stepson like that from the beginning. Apparently he does the same with the significant others of their other children. Must be his thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2018, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
What about religion? Is it possible all the divorces, mostly of his mother, could be an issue that her family has made him feel ashamed of his? I find it weird that not only is she avoiding his family, but it seems her parents are as well.
Per my stepson and aligning with what they post on FB, not religious at all.

Old 03-21-2018, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I confess to skepticism when someone says this. Maybe they were his REASONS. What were they?
Has one employer, suddenly works 9-10 hours a day, 7 days a week. Which puts him in class and work all
at the same time on opposite ends of town. We know for a fact he’s still in school and is not enrolled in online classes. Other things that would be too much to explain because it’s context and specific to our lives. Bottom line, something is up and there have been excuses and things that don’t add up. Before anyone tells me it’s his own life, he’s an adult, and he can do with his life what he wants, including making up excuses and even lying ...we already understand that.

Old 03-21-2018, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
The bottom line is that this person can marry anyone that he wants to. Period.
<snip>

He sure can and no one said a thing about that. Maybe you’re on the wrong post.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 03-26-2018 at 10:27 AM.. Reason: sarcasm/rude response

Old 03-21-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassTacksGal View Post
So? Methinks perhaps you have missed the point of the thread because that isn't the issue here, at all.
^^This. Thank you.

Old 03-21-2018, 10:42 AM

14,251 posts, read 14,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Who would not be "not interested" in meeting her fiancé's parents and other family members? Maybe she is just self-centered, such as "I already have a family, why do I need more people in my life?". Or maybe she is controlling and is demanding that he cuts ties with his family.

Is her family a different socio-economic group? Perhaps, very wealthy and look down on middle class people? Or they are all high level professionals and you are blue color? Or a different ethnic group, that is "allowing" your step-son to join their group but don't want to meet any other outsiders (like his family)?

Frankly, if it was me, I would be worried that he would be joining her family and completely leaving his family (all of you) behind. There really isn't anything that you can do about that but keep the lines of communication open.

Good luck to you. It must be very frustrating.
My first wife was like this as was her family. I was young and pu$$y whipped so I went along with it at first. Was one factor in our breakup after only 2 years married.

Old 03-21-2018, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I'm curious..........did any of ya'll ask why your SS family wasn't invited to the engagement party?

That seems really strange.
Yes. He never responded to his brother when he asked via text. My kids do not make phone calls to each other. They text. Told his dad via phone it was “kinda sorta” just with her family. Super awkward convo on kid’s part.

Old 03-21-2018, 10:46 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,159,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puglandia View Post
Has one employer, suddenly works 9-10 hours a day, 7 days a week. Which puts him in class and work all
at the same time on opposite ends of town.
We know for a fact he’s still in school and is not enrolled in online classes. Other things that would be too much to explain because it’s context and specific to our lives. Bottom line, something is up and there have been excuses and things that don’t add up. Before anyone tells me it’s his own life, he’s an adult, and he can do with his life what he wants, including making up excuses and even lying ...we already understand that.
Hmmm, so he now says that he works 9-10 hours a day at the same time that he supposedly is in class? Just claiming to be working 63 to 70 hour week, while attending school full time is pretty darn odd. Does he have a history of lying?

Someone, Mom, Dad, Brother, or a group of people need to drive to his town and talk to him in person and try to figure out what is going on.

Old 03-21-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
My first wife was like this as was her family. I was young and pu$$y whipped so I went along with it at first. Was one factor in our breakup after only 2 years married.
My husband said he was like this with his first wife, my stepson’s mom. My stepson is a lot like his dad personality wise. We think this may be a lot of what’s going on along with naïveté, etc.

Old 03-21-2018, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Hmmm, so he now says that he works 9-10 hours a day at the same time that he supposedly is in class? Just claiming to be working 63 to 70 hour week, while attending school full time is pretty darn odd. Does he have a history of lying?

Someone, Mom, Dad, Brother, or a group of people need to drive to his town and talk to him in person and try to figure out what is going on.
He doesn’t have that history, which is even more alarming if you ask me. He’s not typically a liar. His brother and cousin are going to try and drop in on them next week when my older stepson is back in town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting