Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 03:41 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,388,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Thank God for the Baby Bjorn! I've found that when I need to do things around the house, I put the fussy/awake twin in it and go about my business (even working in the yard) if the other is asleep. It's a nice way to be close, keep a baby happy, and get something accomplished. They're both just starting to look at the little animals hanging from their bouncy seats, so I would think they may start occupying themselves a little bit with things like that, or watching the mobiles over their cribs.
I know! I loved my Maya Pouch as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2008, 04:56 PM

2,825 posts, read 6,928,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I know! I loved my Maya Pouch as well.
And I loved my mei tai! There are so many great options!

Old 06-06-2008, 08:53 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,388,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVentive View Post
And I loved my mei tai! There are so many great options!
I know... so many ways to hold your baby without actually "holding" the baby.

Old 06-26-2008, 04:28 PM

8 posts, read 20,369 times
Hi,

I can understand its really hard if u dont get enough sleep .My baby is 5 months now .He takes his feed at 8:30 and then I feed him before I go to bed ..He is sleepy but takes his feed .He then gets up at 6:30 ..He was waking before too but i used pacifier in night and did not feed him...If he refused it twice then I use to feed him ...Try this ...and try to change the sleeping position of baby when he wakes up ...I hope this works

Old 06-26-2008, 06:36 PM

2,542 posts, read 6,918,080 times
Hopefully I will be able to go back and read all the posts... but for now here are my two cents.

My son is almost 20 months old and has slept through the night once (at 15 mo.). He has almost always slept with me and he still nurses. Unfortunately, he wakes up two-three times a night to nurse. I did the same for my oldest son, except that by one, he was only nursing once during the night and it was easy to fix (I put him down in his crib for the first half of the night. When he woke up, I picked him up and brought him into our bed and he went right to sleep.). My youngest is absolutely demanding of nursing at night. Soooo.... if I did it all over, I probably still wouldn't change anything (besides those nights we tried "crying it out"--he goes for the longterm!). But obviously, the whole co-sleeping, nursing direction has its faults.

But, if the OP is still reading, don't feel guilty or alone if your child is still not sleeping through the night. I have had four doctors over his short life and they all told me it is normal and nothing to worry about (except my sanity). We extreme sleep-deprieved mothers are out there and its not our fault (not that anyone comes out and says it, but that is the general feeling you can get from people).

Oh, and a couple of months ago I saw a news-video out of Florida of a family whose son has a medical condition that has caused him not to sleep more then an hour or two a day since he was born (he was 2 maybe in the video?). I just have to think of them to remind myself that, yes, it could be worse!

Old 10-17-2008, 10:44 AM

1 posts, read 1,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
So - is it basically "Cry it Out" approach that you are suggesting? Because the total time of the technique is 30 minutes and it's way too long for an 8 months old to cry IMO. It's too long for anyone to cry, imagine crying for 30 minutes while your husband occasionally walks in the room and rubs your back? I 'm not quite convinced that if the baby is still crying 30 minutes later, that means he REALLY is hungry. It can be very well that he is just so confused and upset that his needs are not met, that he can't stop. And if he really IS hungry, wouldn't it be much easier to just feed him right away instead off 30 minutes of suffering for him and the mother?
it is true that you have to wait 30 minutes!.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting