Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2009, 01:26 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,067,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
You make some good points. However, using Perez Hilton for your source does nothing to support those good points

LOLOL, I've got to agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 01:35 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,074,604 times
The bad thing is people seem to (including the media) worship people who bred up like mice.

Programs and news stories about how damn amazing parents are that have X amount of kids and how WONDERFUL they are because they cope with all these kids just encourages idiots to have more children.

I don't want to judge this person and if you want 10 kids or 14 and think you can give them a good childhood, then more power to you. But, realistically, one child requires so much...how can ANYONE parent 14?

Handing them off to the older kids seems mean, too.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:41 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,816,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
I call that BULLSH IT. They came from my eggs and DH's sperm. They grew in my uterus and I gave birth to them. My doctor helped us with scientific/medical technology to extract the eggs and sperm. The fact that once they were transferred into my body and implanted has nothing to do with scientific intervention. No science or medicine can will that to happen. Once an RE performs the transfer, it IS up to nature (and God if you believe in Him). No science can "create" life - science can aid in getting the components together - that's all.

You're obviously someone who has not had to deal with infertility and are completely uninformed.
You go right on telling yourself this. You decided God must be wrong and you would fix it yourself.

Hmmm....

Last edited by steelstress; 01-30-2009 at 01:52 PM..

Old 01-30-2009, 02:20 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,057,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
You go right on telling yourself this. You decided God must be wrong and you would fix it yourself.

Hmmm....
If God didn't want her to be a mom, she wouldn't be. No matter how it happened (IVF, adoption, etc). Didn't God create science indirectly? He did give us intelligence didn't he? Now you're going to tell me you don't benefit from science? You drink cow's milk right from the udder? You don't use medicine in any case?
Please! Who died and made you the God expert? Keep God out of it!

Old 01-30-2009, 02:28 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetreelover View Post
Where do you think the doctor and his talents came from?
School, discipline and good genes.
Not everyone believes in your god thing.

Old 01-30-2009, 02:40 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,478,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
You make some good points. However, using Perez Hilton for your source does nothing to support those good points
Normally, I would agree, but there is nothing 'normal' about this story. The British tabloid 'The Sun' first broke the news that she had six other kids. I read that online and thought, "Hahaha! What a joke! Why do they make up stuff like that?" Then it turned out to be true. Nothing about this woman would surprise me anymore. Maybe her sperm donor travels around in a UFO and this is part of his plan to take over the planet.

Old 01-30-2009, 02:47 PM

1,113 posts, read 2,520,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
The bad thing is people seem to (including the media) worship people who bred up like mice.

Programs and news stories about how damn amazing parents are that have X amount of kids and how WONDERFUL they are because they cope with all these kids just encourages idiots to have more children.

I don't want to judge this person and if you want 10 kids or 14 and think you can give them a good childhood, then more power to you. But, realistically, one child requires so much...how can ANYONE parent 14?

Handing them off to the older kids seems mean, too.
Like the Duggers on TLC. They have 17-18 kids and the oldest boy just got married so the 3-4 older girls went with him to his fiance's home in another state to make brides maid dresses. While they were gone, the mother and father couldn't handle the younger kids.....the ones THEY brought into the world. The whole house was chaotic and a mess. These girls are almost "marrying" age themselves. Are they going to be forced to stay home for years and years to come to take care of all the kids that Mrs. Dugger keeps popping out? I don't know their motives for having so many kids but I am starting to wonder if they are doing it to keep the ratings going. When she announces that she is expecting again, you should see the faces of the older girls. They look at each other like....."we are never getting out of here."

Old 01-30-2009, 02:55 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,917,607 times
If she can afford all these kids than no one on this forum has any right to criticize this woman. Does she make any sense? No but the point stands. However, from the fact that she is young and lives with her parents leads me to believe she can't afford all these kids. To take fertility meds when already having 8 kids when you can't afford it is absolutely disgusting. I feel terrible for us (the taxpayer) as I suspect they are on welfare. I feel even worse for the grandparents who probably will be footing most of the bill. I feel the worst for the kids themselves that will probably grow up in poverty and popping out kids as teenagers.

But it's not like there is a baby boom going on. For every woman like this there are 50 liberal ones who will refuse to have more than one because she thinks she's saving the world.

Please, God, don't let this woman get one of those worthless feel-good TLC shows...

Old 01-30-2009, 02:56 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,116,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Normally, I would agree, but there is nothing 'normal' about this story. The British tabloid 'The Sun' first broke the news that she had six other kids. I read that online and thought, "Hahaha! What a joke! Why do they make up stuff like that?" Then it turned out to be true. Nothing about this woman would surprise me anymore. Maybe her sperm donor travels around in a UFO and this is part of his plan to take over the planet.

I agree. I normally try to avoid "tabloid fodder" like this, but this story has me going and and .

Old 01-30-2009, 03:02 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,816,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabolissa View Post
If God didn't want her to be a mom, she wouldn't be. No matter how it happened (IVF, adoption, etc). Didn't God create science indirectly? He did give us intelligence didn't he? Now you're going to tell me you don't benefit from science? You drink cow's milk right from the udder? You don't use medicine in any case?
Please! Who died and made you the God expert? Keep God out of it!
I didn't bring God up. She conceived without his help... the doctor did.

Doesn't matter how you look at it, the doctor did it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting