Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2010, 11:11 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times

Advertisements

I don't mind young boys being taken into the womens' restroom. What I do mind is when mom doesn't keep them in check and I see their little eyes peeking through the crack or hands coming under my stall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 11:26 PM

247 posts, read 379,839 times
I hear 'ya, spinx. The parent has the responsibility and obligation to make sure their child whether male or female, respects the rights to privacy of others.

My kids have all been taught to respect the privacy of others. They've also been taught to be respectful, polite, and to be well-behaved. I'm career military, and my wife is a Dentist. Being that we're both professional people, our children know they need to behave.

And, they do. Our kids are actually very good kids. They help neighbors around here that are elderly (like mow the lawn, take out trash, etc., and they won't accept money for it either -- but cookies are OK ). I lost both of my legs in Iraq and there are things I used to be able to do around the house that I no longer am able to -- and my kids will say, "here Dad, let me do that for you."

I have GREAT kids.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:51 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,691,053 times
Good luck to all of you. It isn't the perverts you all need to be worrying about.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:12 AM

235 posts, read 510,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExcuses View Post

Talk about raising a pedophile or rapist. I'll bet boys who enter women's restrooms and locker rooms with their mothers are more prone to deviant behavior than those who go into restrooms and locker rooms meant for their sex.
I'm sorry, but seriously? I'd love to see a valid source to back up this ridiculous claim.

I teach my son to mind his own business when in a ladies room with me (and we try to find an empty one if at all possible)...just like his father tells him to mind his own business when in a men's room. Kids are curious beings and I expect the parents to teach the kids that it's not polite to look at others while they're dressing/using the rest room. To say the child is going to end up a rapist or a pedophile because they accompany a parent into the rest room is ridiculous.

ETA: NoExcuses edited their post....should have quoted the whole thing.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:28 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
I believe that children who see naked bodies won't go on to become molesters and pedophiles just as much as I believe that not every man using a restroom is a molester or a pedophile. I think parents tend to teeter on the edge of overprotectivity these days and that your 7+ year-old child is almost always very safe going into a same-sex bathroom and handling business while you wait outside the main door and talk to them while they 'tcb'. If you chose to bring them into your bathroom with you it's not that big of a deal but it can also be a bit annoying on occasion because 1) little boys often pee all over the toilet and floor, 2) already crowded women's bathrooms become even more crowded, while the man's bathroom remains almost empty, and 3) some little boys behave rather poorly in the restroom and this can be aggravating to other women and little girls.

There's just so many much more important things to fret about - really.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:03 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I believe that children who see naked bodies won't go on to become molesters and pedophiles just as much as I believe that not every man using a restroom is a molester or a pedophile. I think parents tend to teeter on the edge of overprotectivity these days and that your 7+ year-old child is almost always very safe going into a same-sex bathroom and handling business while you wait outside the main door and talk to them while they 'tcb'. If you chose to bring them into your bathroom with you it's not that big of a deal but it can also be a bit annoying on occasion because 1) little boys often pee all over the toilet and floor, 2) already crowded women's bathrooms become even more crowded, while the man's bathroom remains almost empty, and 3) some little boys behave rather poorly in the restroom and this can be aggravating to other women and little girls.

There's just so many much more important things to fret about - really.
The voice of reason.... Obviously, just like in any situation, poor behavior needs to be addressed on it's own merits. Young children who are poorly behaved in the restroom are most likely poorly behaved elsewhere also....

Tried to rep you but must spread the love....

Old 01-25-2010, 03:21 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,318,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExcuses View Post
Good luck to all of you. It isn't the perverts you all need to be worrying about.
My sons are grown, and they did not grow up to be pedophiles despite what you might think. Also, they never peeped under doors or in cracks because I was always with them. They were taught how to behave, and to be honest they weren't that interested in peeping. They just wanted to do their business and leave. It sounds like you are way too worried about what will become of our sons. They will be fine, but it is not realistic to never worry about the safety of your child. Hoping for the best is not good enough. There are way too many sex offenders out there, and if you don't believe me just check out how many are in your area. Yes, the chances are most children will not encounter one in the restroom or locker room, but even a slim chance is not worth the risk.

Old 02-06-2010, 04:09 PM

550 posts, read 1,214,512 times
at 5? sure they could be allowed in...I mean what could happen? it's not like they're gonna get a boner out of watching girls at that age anyways, is it?

I'd draw the line somewhere around 7 there is insanely much difference between a seven year old and a 5 year old...

About the father letting his 8-year old girl in alone... of course he can she's 8 for crying out loud!

Old 02-07-2010, 01:47 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,286,698 times
My solution is have one restroom for both sexes. Honestly, its time to grow up. I think the need for separate sex restrooms is a throwback to the Victorian days in England. We can build plenty of closed stalls inside coed or unisex restrooms to assure everyone some privacy inside. I bet people constructing buildings would save considerable money if they only had to build one restroom for everyone.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:57 PM

2 posts, read 3,604 times
To Mr Mom:
One of these days your going to run into someone like me who is going to really ruin your day! If I were you, I would hesitate before I went into the mens restroom from now on, you just might find your but knocked on the ground!!! I have no qualms making sure you understand how inappropriate your decision is
Also, boys older than 5 should not be in the women s rest room, . contrary to popular belief, pedo's do not hang out in the restroom -get a life will ya-sheese!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting