Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2010, 12:53 PM

1,199 posts, read 2,869,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
I think the manager was being an idiot in that case.

First of all, the child is 2 years old! There is a limited range of what they can eat.

Say the child was a little younger and still drinking a bottle? Would the manager go nuts on that? Or do babies with bottles get a pass because it's liquid?

Also children with autism are extremely routine based and that includes their diet, and if there is nothing available in the restaurant that they are used to eating, I don't see anything wrong with allowing them to snack on food that was brought in. The rest of the people at the table are buying food in the restaurant. That should be good enough. How much of a profit did the manager lose out on by not selling food to a little kid?
They lost out plenty since I never went there again. I'm glad you understand what I'm talking about.

We went across the street to Outback and they were more than happy to serve us.

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Port North View Post
Unfortunately there are many kid haters out there that simply do not understand the difference between a kid that is truly misbehaving, one that is just being a kid, or one that has (not readily apparent) special needs. All they know is that they are being bothered... Boo hoo!!! Who is being the child here?

What you are saying seems so completely logical, but yet is so incredibly ignorant of reality, especially for those who may have special needs kids that visibly appear to be normal.

Sorry but I will not put my family's life on hold because of the random chance that my child's normal behavior may offend somebody. If he is having a total meltdown I will take him out of the situation until he calms down. However, if you try to confront me in a restaurant about my parenting or my child's behavior, I will stand my ground.
I guess that is the crux of the matter.

I would much rather sit next to a table with children than one full of hideous drunken adults anytime!!!!

6,151 posts, read 10,030,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
the moral of the story: it's ok to let your kids run around a store and knock over merchandise.

ok, gotcha.
No, the morale of the story is they are KIDS.

For heaven's sake... They walk unsteadily when young - are very clumsy - they are insanely curious - they are little sponges trying to take in everything around them.

The point of my story for Home Depot is that you don't fill aisles with boxes and unpack them in the middle of a busy shopping day when adults even have a hard time getting through the crowd.

It's common sense and if you CHOOSE to do that anyway, don't do off on a paying customer because an accident happened.

Be sure to keep your kids on a leash, mouths taped up, and in handcuffs.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:54 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,706,112 times
that's why I don't go there. It's fine dining for the walmart crowd. It's a step above fast food...if you exclude Subways.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:55 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
They are the perfect words to describe my feelings. Not sure how you got violence out of it. You must be a violent person.
Go ahead, make my day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
In one scene of the movie [Sudden Impact], Harry Callahan (played by Clint Eastwood) goes into a diner for a morning cup of coffee. When Callahan discovers a robbery in the diner, he kills the robbers in a shootout. However, a surviving robber holds the fleeing waitress Loretta (Mara Corday) at gunpoint, and holds his gun to her head, threatening to shoot. Instead of backing off, Harry points his .44 Magnum revolver into the man's face at point-blank range and dares him to shoot, saying with clenched teeth and in his characteristic rough grumble, "Go ahead, make my day". At the end of the film, Harry says "Come on, make my day" just before shooting Mick the Rapist, who aims his stolen shotgun at Jennifer Spencer.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:57 PM

Exactly!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-25-2010, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
that's why I don't go there. It's fine dining for the walmart crowd. It's a step above fast food...if you exclude Subways.
Oh yes, you are just so vastly superior to the unwashed masses that have to eat at such plebeian establishments

Old 05-25-2010, 01:04 PM

That's true but I won't hold it against you if you eat there.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
That's true but I won't hold it against you if you eat there.
You know the thing is that what would be a joke in most parts of the country is what people really believe here. It's scary and shocking!

Old 05-25-2010, 01:14 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,030,335 times
I know there's always been a small "anti-children" demographic on LI, but I just hope that the active participants in this thread aren't an indication that there's been a significant change there.

People move out to LI to raise and educate kids in a safe environment... They don't want to live there to "keep them out of everyone's hair".

The suburbs are about kids. Just can't believe so many of the comments here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting