Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2023, 08:40 AM

4,671 posts, read 4,984,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweb66 View Post

What a pathetic thread. If you think she is a bad wife, who the heck cares? Seriously, short of Karen Santorum's ambulance chasing lawsuit, I cannot think of any reason why a senator's spouse matters.
Isn't there significant speculation his wife takes the seat? And didn't this speculation start before the election and his most recent hospitalization? Would you really expect the speculation NOT to intensify once, as many predicted, Fetterman became incapacitated? People will talk about this whether you like it or not.

Old 03-03-2023, 08:44 AM

1,170 posts, read 592,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Isn't there significant speculation his wife takes the seat? And didn't this speculation start before the election and his most recent hospitalization? Would you really expect the speculation NOT to intensify once, as many predicted, Fetterman became incapacitated? People will talk about this whether you like it or not.

No

Old 03-03-2023, 11:31 AM

8,080 posts, read 7,451,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
That's true and I hadn't really thought of that until someone else brought it up. My first instinct was to say I don't care where Fetterman's wife takes the kids on vacation.

Gisele doesn't need to care about optics because she's not standing for the seat. Anyway the Fettermans are not the Tammy Wynette Stand-by-your-Man types to begin with (HRC callback from 1992). Although if John is going to try and work a backroom deal with Shapiro where Gisele gets the appointment then they'll all have to worry about optics. Maybe she's decided she doesn't want it?

Old 03-03-2023, 03:24 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,538,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
I'm speechless.

What say you?

ETA: Now that I've thought about it....Even if she felt she needed to get away, even if she thought the kids needed a trip....

-- Her own home state, our state of PA, has some of the best vacation spots in the country. Why go father away when you husband is in the hospital?

-- Why take pictures and selfies, post them, and document it on social media? Bad optics to say the least.

-- Who, when their husband is in the hospital with the conditions Fetterman has, takes the kids and goes on vacation?
John needed to focus on himself and getting better. Gisele was protecting her children and her own sanity by leaving her home where the media had decided to camp out. I see the horror optics of, "STAND BY YOUR MAN!" but geez, I'm in favor of giving the whole Fetterman family some grace and privacy.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 03-03-2023, 04:45 PM

15,145 posts, read 27,800,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
John needed to focus on himself and getting better. Gisele was protecting her children and her own sanity by leaving her home where the media had decided to camp out. I see the horror optics of, "STAND BY YOUR MAN!" but geez, I'm in favor of giving the whole Fetterman family some grace and privacy.
Totally agree!!

Old 03-04-2023, 09:32 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,992,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
When you sign up for a position to lead an entire state, you sort of give up such freedoms. The state voted him in and he needs to perform. This isn't just some job you can easily be replaced. He wanted this and got it. Where is he?

As you can tell, I am very disappointed in him not even being able to do anything, but historically he never has done anything. He is showing who he is. Weak.

Old 03-04-2023, 10:28 AM

7,271 posts, read 10,605,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
As you can tell, I am very disappointed in him not even being able to do anything, but historically he never has done anything. He is showing who he is. Weak.
Someone still committing to public office and a major nationalized campaign after having a major stroke is the farthest thing thing from "weak."

The only thing that's disappointing is that the right-wing character assassination of Fetterman and his family continues unabated.

Get a life and turn off the Breitbart, folks. There's a whole world out there that doesn't revolve around your seething hatred of the CoMmUniZT LiBeRaLz.

Old 03-04-2023, 11:22 AM

15,145 posts, read 27,800,655 times
Who knew Tucker was using a fake screen name here.....

Old 03-04-2023, 12:25 PM

537 posts, read 446,943 times
WIth Giselle on vacation, who's going to attend to the job of Senator?

Somebody's got to push the law that "Fedderman introduced" in the Senate last week.

As an undocumented alien from Brazil, Giselle's done very well for herself. Now she can be Pennsylvania's unofficial U.S. Senator. Many thought she was calling all the shots from Day One anyway.

Old 03-05-2023, 03:08 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,992,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderino View Post
Someone still committing to public office and a major nationalized campaign after having a major stroke is the farthest thing thing from "weak."

The only thing that's disappointing is that the right-wing character assassination of Fetterman and his family continues unabated.

Get a life and turn off the Breitbart, folks. There's a whole world out there that doesn't revolve around your seething hatred of the CoMmUniZT LiBeRaLz.
Seem you are the one that fell for a person that has done absolutely nothing in his life. You are aware of Fetterman's past correct? He lived off his republican parents till nearly 50 years old! Yes, almost 50!

So what has Fetterman done so far in his life? Mayor of Braddock? It is a crime infested dump.

Keep pretending. Fake worlds come crashing down eventually. I looked at his resume. He is a fraud and a puppet. He is as weak as they get and a spoiled brat. You voted for him. Own up to your mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania