Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 01:09 PM

153 posts, read 138,272 times

Advertisements

Re: Wawa.
I live in New Britain, Twp. and the Wawa on Butler Pike is always swamped. I love their gobblers and even though Thanksgiving - and its leftovers - are gone, I may continue to get them until they stop selling them or until I get sick of them, whichever comes first.

As for the gas at Wawa, I get it occasionally for the sake of convenience, not price. I haven't checked to see how much mileage I get for the price, but I do know I've had what I consider "inferior gas" from time to time from the other, brand-name fuel stations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2018, 02:31 AM

652 posts, read 340,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
A few (maybe more) years ago, Wawa switched to making their own bread, and gave up Amoroso rolls. I dislike their Hoagies now because their bread is TOO SWEET. Guess they figured out like with other fast food, sugar is addictive. Wawa's products are generally OK, but they have a LOT of them in one place so offer a lot of convenience. I never heard bad stuff about their gas, but do know people with performance vehicles that will only buy gas at Sunoco, and Shell, so maybe there is something to it.
I don’t know about it being too sweet, but it is very high in sodium. Check the nutritional chart.

Old 11-30-2018, 03:11 AM

1,793 posts, read 3,351,165 times
I can't think of the name of the store, but there's was a place in Kennett where the soups were magnificent and put WaWa's to shame. Plus there was more variety and you could serve yourself.

Wawa's food, as said many times here, is "okay" in a pinch (GREAT mashed potatoes), but they should GET OUT of the cheese steak business: "steamed" meat in a cheese steak???? HORRORS

Old 11-30-2018, 07:35 AM

9,340 posts, read 13,010,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsurv View Post
I can't think of the name of the store, but there's was a place in Kennett where the soups were magnificent and put WaWa's to shame. Plus there was more variety and you could serve yourself.

Wawa's food, as said many times here, is "okay" in a pinch (GREAT mashed potatoes), but they should GET OUT of the cheese steak business: "steamed" meat in a cheese steak???? HORRORS
100% agreed.

Old 12-02-2018, 04:02 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Steamed cheese steak meat is more than a horror. The definitive Philly sandwich is Roast Pork anyway. Go to Nicks.

Old 12-02-2018, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Steamed cheese steak meat is more than a horror. The definitive Philly sandwich is Roast Pork anyway. Go to Nicks.
People say that (and I agree it’s the better sandwich), but since porchetta isn’t unique to Philadelphia, that really isn’t true. Philly roast pork sandwiches are the best, though. I take mine with broccoli rabe and long hots.

Old 12-02-2018, 05:53 PM

4,927 posts, read 14,218,011 times
If you are going to wawa for your hoagies + cheesesteaks there is something wrong with you.

Old 12-02-2018, 06:42 PM

14,183 posts, read 9,075,142 times
Quote:

I'm sure the soups were better at that place in Kennett Square (Talula's Table, perhaps?), but to be fair, Wawa's soups aren't all that bad.

I just did a quick comparison of the New England clam chowder the deli in my office building serves with what Wawa offers, and Wawa's was better. For starters, it had actual clam bits in it you could taste and feel.

Old 12-02-2018, 06:43 PM

14,183 posts, read 9,075,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahAstin View Post
People say that (and I agree it’s the better sandwich), but since porchetta isn’t unique to Philadelphia, that really isn’t true. Philly roast pork sandwiches are the best, though. I take mine with broccoli rabe and long hots.
No sharp provolone?

Old 12-02-2018, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
No sharp provolone?
Absolutely, sharp provolone (I thought that was a given ), and a hard, seeded roll, to boot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia