Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2023, 04:45 AM

390 posts, read 270,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
My working season in Utah is almost up. I thought of getting a cheaper flight to Philly and going to Dirty Franks before taking a bus to Lehizzle, but with the way things are it's just not worth it.
There have been several high profile crimes in recent weeks which are skewing perceptions but the reality is the city is the safest it has been since the pandemic/George Floyd. If you want to go to Dirty Franks, you are much more likely to be in danger driving on a highway home than you are going to a bar in Center City.

Old 10-03-2023, 06:26 AM

2,239 posts, read 1,139,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphilly View Post
There have been several high profile crimes in recent weeks which are skewing perceptions but the reality is the city is the safest it has been since the pandemic/George Floyd. If you want to go to Dirty Franks, you are much more likely to be in danger driving on a highway home than you are going to a bar in Center City.
You don't have to persuade someone from the Lehigh Valley to love Philly. The fact that he feels at home in Utah says a lot. I'm sure he would prefer Philadelphia, Mississippi over Philly, PA.

The fewer of those types, the better. Perhaps progress can finally be made once they all move to Florida or remote parts of SJ. Stop trying to appease these people, let them flee so the city can be more progressive socially and open minded lol.

Old 10-03-2023, 06:33 AM

754 posts, read 466,369 times
Quote:
My working season in Utah is almost up. I thought of getting a cheaper flight to Philly and going to Dirty Franks before taking a bus to Lehizzle, but with the way things are it's just not worth it.

Coincidentally, I was going to go to Bethlehem-izzle last weekend but decided to cancel with the way things are; just wouldn't be worth having my new sneakers stolen off my feet. I mean, I don't even have one scuff on them yet.

Old 10-03-2023, 07:05 AM

10,640 posts, read 12,203,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshbyQuin View Post
You don't have to persuade someone from the Lehigh Valley to love Philly. The fact that he feels at home in Utah says a lot. I'm sure he would prefer Philadelphia, Mississippi over Philly, PA.

The fewer of those types, the better. Perhaps progress can finally be made once they all move to Florida or remote parts of SJ. Stop trying to appease these people, let them flee so the city can be more progressive socially and open minded lol.
Really?
Just stop.

Old 10-03-2023, 07:33 AM

7,303 posts, read 10,652,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
LGBQT activist Josh Kruger was gunned down in his home. No forced entry, shot seven times. You have to watch who you invite into your home. Now he was castigated for downplaying violent crime in Philly.
He unfortunately was a recovering meth addict, and it was found in his home. Investigators also immediately found troubling texts from an acquaintance. Very tragic, but this one seems to be pretty "open and shut."

Old 10-03-2023, 07:34 AM

Quote:
"The way things are" is "the way they've long been."

No one likes the status quo, but please stop with the sensationalism that your risk of being a random victim has increased. It hasn't.

Old 10-03-2023, 07:47 AM

9,419 posts, read 9,414,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderino View Post
He unfortunately was a recovering meth addict, and it was found in his home. Investigators also immediately found troubling texts from an acquaintance. Very tragic, but this one seems to be pretty "open and shut."
Yes, a tragic circumstance, but as soon as I read about this I knew there was more to the story.

Old 10-03-2023, 08:29 AM

476 posts, read 278,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphilly View Post
Yeah it would be great to just go a few weeks without going viral/making national headlines.

Old 10-03-2023, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesJay64 View Post
Yeah it would be great to just go a few weeks without going viral/making national headlines.
My theory: the "high-profile" and "viral" element for Philly gets far worse during election time.

Get ready for every single event in Philadelphia to make headlines on every right-wing/conservative social media forum between now and November 2024. Mainstream media also plays along too, because they know it drives viewership.

The "city warzone" schtick (in addition to demonizing transgender people) is now the entire GOP platform.

Philadelphia wouldn't get one-tenth of the negative attention it gets if it wasn't in a crucial battleground state.

Last edited by Duderino; 10-03-2023 at 09:53 AM..

Old 10-03-2023, 09:02 AM

1,705 posts, read 985,234 times
Bethlehem-izzle. lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia