Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2023, 03:58 AM

843 posts, read 702,774 times

Advertisements

The issue is (and not Philly specific) when the populace is so critical of police actions why would they want to attempt to arrest any of them. The second one of these teens runs/fights etc- and the police use any type of force then they will hear about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
They don't ever grab anyone. 500 of these punks and not a single arrest.

Kids know these gatherings have no repercussions whether the cops show up or not. Until there is, these will continue unabated. Until the city shows even the slightest interest in stopping these kids, this is what we got.

Old 07-26-2023, 05:39 AM

14,334 posts, read 9,214,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpranger467 View Post
The issue is (and not Philly specific) when the populace is so critical of police actions why would they want to attempt to arrest any of them. The second one of these teens runs/fights etc- and the police use any type of force then they will hear about it.
Then you should be hoping that Mayor-elect Cherelle Parker makes a good choice for Police Commissioner.

One of the things that helped her secure victory was her messaging on crime and policing. She was the only candidate who said something most Blacks know but many progressive whites (and their Black allies) downplay (and many conservative whites ignore):

Black neighborhoods want good police protection, too. They just want cops who treat them with respect doing the job. (Camden, folks, Camden.)

Old 07-26-2023, 05:47 AM

843 posts, read 702,774 times
I've been saying this for years, the far left suburban white liberal "thinks" its helping the AA community though lol. I'm glad the populace elected someone who will likely make a meaningful impact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Then you should be hoping that Mayor-elect Cherelle Parker makes a good choice for Police Commissioner.

One of the things that helped her secure victory was her messaging on crime and policing. She was the only candidate who said something most Blacks know but many progressive whites (and their Black allies) downplay (and many conservative whites ignore):

Black neighborhoods want good police protection, too. They just want cops who treat them with respect doing the job. (Camden, folks, Camden.)

Old 07-28-2023, 05:02 AM

2,045 posts, read 801,731 times
It seems like there's a hit and run death every week in Philly ... Driving is a privilege, not a birth right.

Woodhaven Road:
https://6abc.com/teen-killed-deadly-...phia/13562146/

Get rid of the Driver Equality Bill and set up a network with the DOT where a vehicle can't get registered if they have unpaid tickets of any type. This way, when the scofflaws eventually get pulled over, their vehicle will be 'live-stopped' for not being registered.

It's been done in Canada in at least one province.

Old 08-03-2023, 04:08 PM

This will keep the junkie thieves and entitled out:

https://6abc.com/wawa-university-cit...eens/13589579/

I just wonder if it's deli only or can you get a Snickers bar?

Old 08-03-2023, 04:23 PM

9,419 posts, read 9,414,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit12 View Post
This will keep the junkie thieves and entitled out:

https://6abc.com/wawa-university-cit...eens/13589579/

I just wonder if it's deli only or can you get a Snickers bar?
From what I've heard, all merchandise that was formerly on the floor is still available for purchase.

The automat setup isn't a new concept historically, however, the reasons it is being used in 2023 are obvious. Hopefully it works out...

Old 08-03-2023, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
From what I've heard, all merchandise that was formerly on the floor is still available for purchase.
Excellent!

Thank you.

I hope my local Wawa goes that route. Only six days to convert seems like it's doable for all their high theft locations.

Old 08-04-2023, 07:39 AM

1,705 posts, read 985,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit12 View Post
Excellent!

Thank you.

I hope my local Wawa goes that route. Only six days to convert seems like it's doable for all their high theft locations.
I cant see a reason why this isn't adopted as their universal urban store layout. It's probably cheaper and the criminals are screwed.

Old 08-04-2023, 06:36 PM

10,640 posts, read 12,203,446 times
As someone who is older than the college crowd, I'm used to picking out my own items, and I don't want to order ahead on my darn phone.

I'm willing to order my food when I get there and wait for it so it's hot or freshly made.

But I get that the world is changing, certain segments of society are deteriorating. And in more and more places, it just won't be safe to do things that way anymore.
It's just a damn shame.

Have any of you seen the videos of the absolutely crazy, BRAZEN shoplifting in California?
The smash and grabs, the teen mobs.....that kind of thing is more rampant in large cities. ....that's why I do as little as possible in the city.

I'm team Wawa. I can't blame them.

Old 08-11-2023, 05:02 AM

Nice, we've spread to the suburbs:

https://6abc.com/philadelphia-pa-da-...lons/13624952/

"That's why he wrote an open letter citing his concerns centered on the effects of the Driver's Equity Act, which mandates Philadelphia police officers turn a blind eye to minor driving infractions, along with policies enacted by the Philadelphia District Attorney's Office under Larry Krasner."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia