Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The reasons you want to leave Phoenix
Lack of employment opportunities/low paying jobs 52 39.69%
Family/friends/moving to be with/getting away from 15 11.45%
Lack of entertainment/culture/walkability/bored 42 32.06%
Suburbia/stucco/track housing 32 24.43%
Esthetics/sick of the desert/brown/climate 56 42.75%
Politics 32 24.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 01:29 AM

1,092 posts, read 2,173,541 times

Advertisements

No downtown!

Old 11-10-2010, 09:36 AM

523 posts, read 937,672 times
durf:

You are right, it is considered by most people who live here, that the downtown is much less relevant to the city than the way downtowns are looked at elsewhere. The area is a spread out one.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:41 AM

1,108 posts, read 3,322,076 times
Would all of you that wish to leave please do so. Thank you.

Old 11-10-2010, 04:08 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,519,343 times
Quote:
You sure aren't shy about sharing it on this forum, as I've seen you mention it on other forums.
What are you talking about?

Old 11-10-2010, 10:51 PM

Location: A circle of Hell so insidious, infernal and odious, Dante dared not map it
623 posts, read 1,225,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
What are you talking about?
I'm not about to go dig for specific examples, but I've seen people upset about their financial situations and you loooove flaunting how much money you make to them. I've seen you do it a few times, and I'm not sure how many other potential times in threads I haven't read.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:36 AM

11,081 posts, read 6,893,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
So you've had three job offers in Phoenix that you never even applied for and none in other cities that you did apply for? And Phoenix has a bad job market???
I doubt he had actual OFFERS. He was probably being recruited for an INTERVIEW. My daughter gets those all the time, as in at least 3 times a week. Those are generated from headhunters site, mostly insurance companies and companies related to her field. She's also always getting spa m about going back to MBA school. Not gonna happen. That's what happens when you post your resume on various sites while looking for a job, or respond to certain job ads. One by one she's taking care of that as they come in, now that she has a job.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:54 AM

90 posts, read 235,715 times
I had a great paying job in Phoenix, and couldn't get outta there fast enough! Two summers were two too many. I left due to the heat, the crime, and the grime. I felt safer in Long Beach, CA (where the riots started), and Los Angeles is actually cleaner. However, I went back to Albuquerque for its climate (still crappy crime and grime there though), and then ended up in awesome Prescott, AZ - great climate, clean, and safe. How can you go wrong with a town that has a "Whiskey Row"

Old 11-11-2010, 09:19 AM

523 posts, read 937,672 times
rjlowe,

"I had a great paying job in Phoenix, and couldn't get outta there fast enough! Two summers were two too many. I left due to the heat, the crime, and the grime. I felt safer in Long Beach, CA (where the riots started), and Los Angeles is actually cleaner. However, I went back to Albuquerque for its climate (still crappy crime and grime there though), and then ended up in awesome Prescott, AZ - great climate, clean, and safe. How can you go wrong with a town that has a "Whiskey Row"

The reasons you give are some of those most frequently cited for not wanting to live in Phoenix. Others major ones include the very difficult job market. Prescott is a really nice place.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:06 AM

36 posts, read 78,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjlowe View Post
I had a great paying job in Phoenix, and couldn't get outta there fast enough! Two summers were two too many. I left due to the heat, the crime, and the grime. I felt safer in Long Beach, CA (where the riots started), and Los Angeles is actually cleaner. However, I went back to Albuquerque for its climate (still crappy crime and grime there though), and then ended up in awesome Prescott, AZ - great climate, clean, and safe. How can you go wrong with a town that has a "Whiskey Row"
That's interesting that you think LA is cleaner than Phoenix. My job requires me to work all over the LA basin and I consider 90% of it the armpit of Califorina. Graffitti, homelessness, garbage, traffic etc...
I lived in Belmont Shores for a couple of years in my twenties and that's a fun place but a few miles away it's not so nice. Even "glamorous" Hollywood is a mess for the most part.

Granted, I haven't spent vasts amounts of time in Phoenix, but when I do visit I really appreciate the easy traffic, smooth roads and cleanliness. It's very refreshing.

You are spot on about Prescott. It's a beautifull place.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:40 AM

Location: A circle of Hell so insidious, infernal and odious, Dante dared not map it
623 posts, read 1,225,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
I doubt he had actual OFFERS. He was probably being recruited for an INTERVIEW. My daughter gets those all the time, as in at least 3 times a week. Those are generated from headhunters site, mostly insurance companies and companies related to her field. She's also always getting spa m about going back to MBA school. Not gonna happen. That's what happens when you post your resume on various sites while looking for a job, or respond to certain job ads. One by one she's taking care of that as they come in, now that she has a job.
Yeah, that's right... you were there and all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area