Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 05:09 AM

159 posts, read 428,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
If you were smart enough to get into a "highly ranked" university then you are smart enough to find a job. Stop will the excuses. You are 30 years old, Man up!
Last page you were prepared to write of nannying as a go-nowhere career.

Now you're telling me you apparently blacked out for the last 4 years.

[mod cut-- no links from new members]
Could you please remind me of who won the superbowl that year? I forgot, but since 2008 is 'right now' for you, I'm sure you'll remember.

Last edited by observer53; 03-26-2012 at 07:05 AM..

Old 03-26-2012, 05:20 AM

9,800 posts, read 11,196,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrikeArghast View Post
Last page you were prepared to write of nannying as a go-nowhere career.

Now you're telling me you apparently blacked out for the last 4 years.

Let me catch you up on some current events: Late-2000s recession - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Could you please remind me of who won the superbowl that year? I forgot, but since 2008 is 'right now' for you, I'm sure you'll remember.
93% of the people have been employed from 2008 till now. People that are smart enough to get into a top college have all of the tools to beat the bottom 7%. If you have not found a job, look internally. Be honest with yourself. You are coasting. I wish you the best.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:50 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,250,827 times
Why not use those talents you have for writing and spend some energy writing a kids book, or the next scream script. I think when there are homeless people, some of which are children living everywhere...and I see someone like you who has supportive parents, who is educated and living somewhere "Not in the Streets" I want to make you wake up!! Suck it up. Do something while you are there that is productive, volunteer at a homeless shelter, a burn unit at the local hospital, the kids cancer unit..... Do something to get yourself on track. Cause you have a lot for someone that is so ungrateful!
Do not spew this crap at those kids your wife is caring for. And, you might even consider mental health if you can't get beyond this. I wish you well...........but most of all I wish someone else had what you are destroying....a real chance.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:09 AM

213 posts, read 377,265 times
Too, bad. We love, love, love it here. It is my paradise. I bask in the endless sunshine. We just moved out here in December and both my son and I (both have 4 year degrees) found jobs within a couple of months.

Look inside yourself dude. If you can't find a job, either you're not working hard enough to find one or you don't really want one. Maybe your attitude oozes out during interviews. Dunno.....

Good luck finding your own paradise.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:17 AM

6,408 posts, read 9,001,492 times
I spent 22 years trying to move here. Glad I had the chance. Perhaps I'll write a "witty" essay about it. Actually, I don't think I will. Too busy enjoying the scenery.

Expand your horizons a bit. Newark is not an armpit. I'm curious how much time you've actually spent there. You've obviously never been to the Ironbound or near Branchbrook Park.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:35 AM

4,472 posts, read 17,713,477 times
Lived here for 13 years and enjoyed every minute of it.

Let me get this straight? You moved to a place that you knew nothing about, your wife works as a babysitter while you are unemployed (?), and you have nothing better to do with your time than find an internet forum to vent to about being stuck here?! Oh please, I hope you enjoy your pity party.

Maybe you should TRY to find something enjoyable about the area. This is a paradise for those who enjoying being outdoors- hiking, biking, mountain climbing, tennis, golf, etc... Obviously you aren't looking too hard, you've just made up your mind that you don't like the place and are going to sit in a corner and pout about it?! Grow up, please.

And retirees waiting to die? God forbid you ever get older and don't want to contend with the snow/ice/rain of most other states. God forbid you want to play golf with your buddies in January or be able to walk around outside without freezing your ass off.

I'm not sure how old you are but your maturity level is on par with most recent college grads so maybe 22 or 23?!

I guess you get to leave next year though...don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:35 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,883,726 times
The OP is very witty,and seems to have some literary talent, but having traveled through a similar looking countryside as south Arizona (southeast California near Salton sea and northeast Baja -Mexicali and Colorado river delta-) I find it awesome and of a surreal beauty (sagaros can be magnificent as well as "candelabra" cactus)-provided one has airconditioning during summer of course, which shouldn't be too difficult in the 21st century...

Old 03-26-2012, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
The OP is very witty,and seems to have some literary talent, but having traveled through a similar looking countryside as south Arizona (southeast California near Salton sea and northeast Baja -Mexicali and Colorado river delta-) I find it awesome and of a surreal beauty (sagaros can be magnificent as well as "candelabra" cactus)-provided one has airconditioning during summer of course, which shouldn't be too difficult in the 21st century...
Maybe he majored in British Literature...you know...one of those wonderful majors that every company is seeking out in recent graduates.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:57 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,692,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Lived here for 13 years and enjoyed every minute of it.

Let me get this straight? You moved to a place that you knew nothing about, your wife works as a babysitter while you are unemployed (?), and you have nothing better to do with your time than find an internet forum to vent to about being stuck here?! Oh please, I hope you enjoy your pity party.

Maybe you should TRY to find something enjoyable about the area. This is a paradise for those who enjoying being outdoors- hiking, biking, mountain climbing, tennis, golf, etc... Obviously you aren't looking too hard, you've just made up your mind that you don't like the place and are going to sit in a corner and pout about it?! Grow up, please.

And retirees waiting to die? God forbid you ever get older and don't want to contend with the snow/ice/rain of most other states. God forbid you want to play golf with your buddies in January or be able to walk around outside without freezing your ass off.

I'm not sure how old you are but your maturity level is on par with most recent college grads so maybe 22 or 23?!

I guess you get to leave next year though...don't let the door hit you in the ass.
So, someone comes in here, has 1st person experience of living in a a place, types out a very well written piece explaining why...and you say their maturity level is on par with 22 or 23 year old's? Hmmm, me thinks not. Most threads that are designed to express disdain for a city, complain about it, whatever, tend to be short and nowhere near as put together. It seems you got your feelings hurt because he doesn't like your city. Newsflash, a lot of us don't like Phoenix. At least he put effort into his complaint. I probably would have spent the whole time rambling about how it's too hot to do anything outdoors in Phoenix for 9 months of the year.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
So, someone comes in here, has 1st person experience of living in a a place, types out a very well written piece explaining why...and you say their maturity level is on par with 22 or 23 year old's? Hmmm, me thinks not. Most threads that are designed to express disdain for a city, complain about it, whatever, tend to be short and nowhere near as put together. It seems you got your feelings hurt because he doesn't like your city. Newsflash, a lot of us don't like Phoenix. At least he put effort into his complaint. I probably would have spent the whole time rambling about how it's too hot to do anything outdoors in Phoenix for 9 months of the year.
If he had any legitimate grievances with Phoenix, it'd be much easier to accept. He talks about how retirees come here to die, how there's nothing to do, and how he doesn't like the color brown. I mean really?! He either is oblivious to WHAT there is to do here or doesn't want to take the initiative to find something he's interested in. Retirees coming here to die?! Come on, that's completely asinine and tasteless to write. He doesn't like the scenery which most would argue is beautiful...newsflash...Phoenix is the DESERT. Did he come expecting to see evergreen trees and grass galore?!

It may be well written but that doesn't mean there is any "meat" to it. He's more or less rambling about the area without having legitimate reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area