Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 08:38 AM

183 posts, read 550,909 times

Advertisements

Plain and simple, his writing talents are being wasted and lost in the vast expanse of the internet.
Go publish a book, and stop being so pissy

Old 03-26-2012, 08:44 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,741,646 times
I have been entertained by the comments on this thread! The OP has a knack for writing for sure! Sorry he doesn't like the desert because there are, in my opinion, some great things about this place. However, beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. Good luck to you and your wife in your search for a place you can call "home."

Old 03-26-2012, 08:44 AM

183 posts, read 550,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
We can all relax now. Op is moving to Denver or Seattle. Quickly, we hope. (on a sadder note, this guy isn't an immature, 23 yeard old new college grad. He's a 30 year old college grad who obviously prefers to live off his parents and his wife.)

https://www.city-data.com/forum/denve...ky-couple.html
I don't have the energy or time to waste reading that novel that masquerades as a post.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:23 AM

4,472 posts, read 17,721,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
We can all relax now. Op is moving to Denver or Seattle. Quickly, we hope. (on a sadder note, this guy isn't an immature, 23 yeard old new college grad. He's a 30 year old college grad who obviously prefers to live off his parents and his wife.)

https://www.city-data.com/forum/denve...ky-couple.html
I shutter to think that someone who is my age feels compelled to live off of his parents and have his wife earn the income while he is unemployed. I guess those literature majors aren't as in-demand as the OP thought when he took out tens of thousands of dollars in loans! The real world kind of bites you in the ass sometimes, don't it?!

Quote:
I have to shake my head at people who use words like "horrible" to describe a large city they've never been to based on what they can see from Google maps. But, as I always say, to each his own. And, your advice to the OP is spot on.
Basing a decision on where to live off of Google Maps is sort of like buying a car based on pictures on the internet. You don't get to know a place, you are TRULY judging a book by its cover.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:59 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,511,018 times
To the OP, I appreciate the comic relief.

I am rolling on the floor laughing my tush off as I write this.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:11 AM

1,232 posts, read 3,138,247 times
I suspect his parents found someone far from Maine to hire his wife. And I also suspect someone's hate is fueled by an inability to get a job or interview, maybe?

I can tell you his degree isn't in finance. Millionaires are a dime a dozen.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:22 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,247,576 times
Meh. Leave if you don't like it. There are freeways heading out of town in every direction.

(I'm assuming the mere sight of the University of Phoenix stadium is a horrendous reminder of getting your Patriot-loving self kicked in the behind by Eli. Best you not go anywhere near the 101 in Glendale on your way out of town.)

Old 03-26-2012, 10:25 AM

1,775 posts, read 6,363,779 times
Great thread! It should be made into a sticky. I'd love for people to stay away from AZ, let it stay a well-kept secret for those who like it.

I also moved here to die (at the tender age of 36) because I plan to live here the rest of my life. I love it. It's not for everyone, that's for sure. I've lived in a lot of places too and you couldn't pay me anything to move back east. I honestly would flip burgers here before taking a real job in a place a I hate.

And why is a 30 yr. old moving cross country without a job lined up and then complaining about having it tough? Doctor, heal thyself. The few times I moved somewhere with nothing lined up, I fully expected a very hard time, got what I expected, but eventually got on my feet. That's how it works when you move to a new place with no job lined up in advance - ALWAYS. If you move to HI or Napa Valley or some other edenic place with no job lined up, you'll still be in for a rough ride. That fact of life is not unique to Phoenix.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:37 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,686,984 times
Automaton posing as human being. Yes, that does fit the bill of over a few I've met here. Hehehe.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:40 AM

1,484 posts, read 2,262,489 times
Um, you understand that just because you come online and tell strangers not to move somewhere, they probably aren't going to say, "Oh honey, let's forget that move since this guy I don't know told us not to."

You know what? Go to Arklatex then, it'll make PHX look to you like heaven. I seriously HATED Shreveport with the passion of 1000 suns, and so did my husband. But, people GO there, the live there, and they love it, so it would be foolish of me to try to tell a bunch of strangers "Don't go there" because everyone has different opinions. Not everyone agrees with you.

I got here about 10 days ago. I enjoy it. Will I hate the summer weather? Probably, but it was either this or Shreveport and Shreveport weather has 118 degree days too, with humidity and snakes and gators and other nasties. Maybe my hatred of Shreveport makes PHX look that much better to me, but hey it worked. I like it here so far, I'm in hog heaven with things to do compared to Sheveport, and I'm sorry you are having such a hard time with it. I think you should go home, although it seems foolish to take a job, go all that way, then quit because um, some ghosts coming out of your orfice or whatever, among other things.

Guess I don't understand why someone would feel the need to post such a long post convincing strangers not to go somewhere. Seems like a waste of time to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area