Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 11:12 AM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,092,300 times

Advertisements

I know it's an old thread, but I thought having a pool did not increase the value of the home. Assesment wise, anyway.

I know if I didn't want a pool I wouldn't buy a home with one. I realize that life changes though, and so do wants and needs.

I s'pose if we filled ours in that we'd have the coolest putting green in the neighborhood.

Old 02-01-2010, 02:34 PM

67 posts, read 337,127 times
I don't think you get the $$ value of the pool you put in.

One of those cases where if you spend the dollars on an improvement around your house, you may NOT see the total benefit.

Old 04-04-2011, 02:31 PM

3 posts, read 6,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher521 View Post
The pool was removed last week. I opted to have the complete decking and shell removed. They needed to take down a panel of the block fence for access. I personally wend down to development services and got the demolition permit and did a few little things like renting a submrsible pump to drain it, disconnected electrical equipment and the autofill line. The permit was $150 and I think the pump was $40. The actual demolition cost me $5400 including tax which covered the demolition, backfill and rebuilding the fence. The guys did a good job. I was concerned about collateral damage but they were skillful enough not to wreck anything they weren't supposed to.
Searcher521 - Can I ask what company you used? I am in Tempe and we have to fill this pool in. Any advice or direction would be appreciated.

Old 04-04-2011, 03:24 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,227,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathystamps View Post
Searcher521 - Can I ask what company you used? I am in Tempe and we have to fill this pool in. Any advice or direction would be appreciated.
I couldn't help but notice this is only your second post and the person you are asking last posted in this thread in October 2008. S/he may no longer be subscribed and may not see your question.

You may wish to try the direct message feature. Just click on "Searcher521" in the upper left hand corner of that post and an option for direct messages will appear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area