Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 03:03 PM

128 posts, read 173,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joninaz View Post
Shouldn't you be out enjoying the beautiful weather of IL this weekend instead of trolling a Phoenix message board, trying to sound knowledgable? The tribes adjacent to metro phoenix are booming.
LOL!!!

Yes, that wondeful artic chill looks real appealing right now to me in Chicago.. They aren't even having snow!! But hey, I'll just sit here in weather perfection with the comfort of knowing that there are people in this world that are so certain that a -15 wind chill is better than what we are having now in Phoenix. LOL! RIGHT!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2008, 08:48 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,505,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert student View Post
LOL!!!

Yes, that wondeful artic chill looks real appealing right now to me in Chicago.. They aren't even having snow!! But hey, I'll just sit here in weather perfection with the comfort of knowing that there are people in this world that are so certain that a -15 wind chill is better than what we are having now in Phoenix. LOL! RIGHT!!!
Call me in May, June, July, August, September and some of October. Ill be enjoying my 80 degrees with low 70s at night, while you wither away in 115 degrees with 100 degree lows. The good thing is, our ultra- crappy weather is only lasts a handful of days (some sub-zeros, some 100 degrees here and there), not MONTHS on end. And youre weather is far from perfect right now. You want perfect? Head to Honolulu or Miami. Keep trying...

Old 01-20-2008, 09:46 PM

128 posts, read 173,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Call me in May, June, July, August, September and some of October. Ill be enjoying my 80 degrees with low 70s at night, while you wither away in 115 degrees with 100 degree lows. The good thing is, our ultra- crappy weather is only lasts a handful of days (some sub-zeros, some 100 degrees here and there), not MONTHS on end. And youre weather is far from perfect right now. You want perfect? Head to Honolulu or Miami. Keep trying...
Do you ever go away?

Listen buddy. May and October may be nice in Illinois. But June, July, August, and September are misery. That is four....repeat four.... consecutive months. I'm sorry, but I didn't know that you liked 90 with humidity for a quarter of the year. It's called a heat index. You should take a class before you say that those months are nice. I'll ask you again. Do you really live in Chicago or even Illinois. IT SUCKS!! Get over it!

Old 01-21-2008, 10:15 AM

2,039 posts, read 6,331,188 times
Quote:
I agree. I live in both places and I have found that the cold is easier for me to take than the constant heat. I think some fo us are just made that way. I WISH I didn't mind the heat because then I wouldn't have to move, but the heat is just too much for me to take. And to think when I was younger, and lived in Las Cruces, NM I used to lay out in the sun all day in July!

Old 01-21-2008, 10:25 AM

172 posts, read 253,651 times
Quote:
Call me in May, June, July, August, September and some of October. Ill be enjoying my 80 degrees with low 70s at night, while you wither away in 115 degrees with 100 degree lows.
There has never been a 100 degree low in PHX. Since you seem to go ballistic every time someone posts what you consider an exaggeration about Chicago's weather, at least practice what you preach.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:34 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,323,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick754 View Post
There has never been a 100 degree low in PHX. Since you seem to go ballistic every time someone posts what you consider an exaggeration about Chicago's weather, at least practice what you preach.
The highest LOW recorded in Phoenix was 93 degrees - July of 1989 and June of 1990.

The average highs for June is 103, July is 106, August is 103, September is 98

The highest HIGH was 122 degrees in 1990

It should be noted however that the average low temps for June is 73, July is 81, August is 79, September is 73

Old 01-21-2008, 01:07 PM

2,703 posts, read 3,428,461 times
Phoenix lacks....density of any kind. It also lacks some tall towers.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla View Post
Phoenix lacks....density of any kind. It also lacks some tall towers.
We don't want density in the Valley.

We don't want a lot of "tall" towers.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:57 PM

2,703 posts, read 3,428,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
We don't want density in the Valley.

We don't want a lot of "tall" towers.
If you all don't want it, why is light rail under construction AND Downtown Phoenix getting new towers? Also, if you don't want density, why is Phoenix laid out in a grid?

Old 01-21-2008, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla View Post
If you all don't want it, why is light rail under construction AND Downtown Phoenix getting new towers? Also, if you don't want density, why is Phoenix laid out in a grid?
A) Density refers to number of people per square mile. We do not want to have density such as they do in Los Angeles, Chicago etc

B) The Grid system was to allow for orderly growth

C) Those new towers are some of the first in a very long time. And, they are likely to be the last

D) The light rail is to allow people to travel from one side of the valley (Glendale) to another side (Mesa)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area