Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 01:15 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,598,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
I'm with you. My rush hour is between my master bedroom and my office. I don't even have to climb any steps!
That's a rough commute there LOL. Lucky you.

Mine is wherever in the state the job site and/or job walk is. I'm averaging 48,000 miles a year and way too much time stopped in traffic. Such is life . I don't mind traffic going home but hate the morning stuff when if commited to being somewhere at a certain time. I have to leave a huge time buffer zone most of the time in case of wrecks. So I'm either still 10 min late or half hour early sitting in my truck it seems. GRRRR

Old 04-01-2015, 05:27 PM

2,852 posts, read 4,507,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Yeah, it's bizarre. I was wondering if there's some meaning behind it, or if he's just trying to be cute - over and over and over and over.
It's a play on words, otherwise known as a pun, perhaps you learned about it in school.

What's the problem if it's a regular part of my vocabulary?

Old 04-01-2015, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trudawg View Post
The traffic here sucks, point blank.

The existing highway infrastructure was not built for the influx of new residents. The small government mentality in AZ seems to directly correlate with slow expanding infrastructure. The bottom line, if you enjoy your sanity, move closer to your job!
I totally agree.

The neanderthals in the state government only make the problem worse when they keep cutting the transportation budget.

Old 04-01-2015, 05:31 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,664,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jolt View Post
It's a play on words, otherwise known as a pun, perhaps you learned about it in school.

What's the problem if it's a regular part of my vocabulary?
Thought maybe you owned crushhour.com or something.

Old 04-01-2015, 05:37 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,960,436 times
Quote:
I totally agree.

The neanderthals in the state government only make the problem worse when they keep cutting the transportation budget.
Who's cutting the budget? The money to build new infrastructure comes from a sales tax specifically ear marked for transportation. Voters agreed to extend it until 2025.

Where do you see cuts?

Old 04-01-2015, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajonesaz View Post
Who's cutting the budget? The money to build new infrastructure comes from a sales tax specifically ear marked for transportation. Voters agreed to extend it until 2025.

Where do you see cuts?
Funding was cut for transportation during the double-dip recession a few years back and was never restored after the recession to meet current demand.

It was bad enough to force the closing of many rest areas, you might remember that.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:04 PM

226 posts, read 227,701 times
Compared to many large urban areas, Phoenix traffic is a piece of cake, even during rush hour.
If you think I-10 is bad at 7am, you've never been on the 405 in L.A. at 7am. No comparison.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:08 PM

498 posts, read 544,176 times
Quote:
A separate topic ranks Phoenix 43rd in traffic congestion but the source is tomtom and it's not a reliable report.

The truth is Phoenix ranks fourteenth worst in congestion, not as bad as places like Chicago or Los Angeles but far from a cakewalk.

14. Phoenix, Arizona | Top 15 Cities with the Worst Traffic | XFINITY

Anyone who commutes during crush hour times is given a reality check of how bad the traffic can be, I-10 is a standstill from the mini-stack westward even as early as 2:00 in the afternoon.

Simply listening to the traffic reports on the radio should tell anyone how it can be out there, nearly every freeway has backed up traffic, and then accidents on top of it to make it even worse.

Tomtom ranks Phoenix even lower than small cities like Rochester and Louisville, I don't know what criteria it uses for the rankings but it's not accurate.

How can a company who tracks traffic 24/7/365 be wrong? Traffic in Phoenix is a cake walk even in winter. Your comparison is wrong from the get go. TomTom ranks cities in North America not just the US. There are at least a half a dozen cities in Canada with worse traffic congestion than Phoenix. That's why Phoenix is ranked almost 50th.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade007 View Post
Compared to many large urban areas, Phoenix traffic is a piece of cake, even during rush hour.
If you think I-10 is bad at 7am, you've never been on the 405 in L.A. at 7am. No comparison.
Why is Phoenix always compared with Los Angeles?

Los Angeles has millions more in population and is third worst in traffic congestion, no comparison really.

Compare Phoenix with other large urban areas if you will but let's keep it in perspective with similar-sized or similar-ranked areas like San Diego or Detroit, not Los Angeles, New York, or Chicago.

Even after comparing other cities, Phoenix's traffic still isn't a piece of cake, at least not the freeways I drive on.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally Sconce View Post
How can a company who tracks traffic 24/7/365 be wrong? Traffic in Phoenix is a cake walk even in winter. Your comparison is wrong from the get go. TomTom ranks cities in North America not just the US. There are at least a half a dozen cities in Canada with worse traffic congestion than Phoenix. That's why Phoenix is ranked almost 50th.
I surrender, tomtom is never wrong about anything, ever.

I am very thankful for you for setting me straight because now I believe tomtom is very accurate when it inconsistently ranked Phoenix 55th last year and 43rd this year.

From now on I will believe everything tomtom reports, pray to tomtom every single day, and commit my life to tomtom because tomtom is our God, our savior, and our reason for existence on this earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area