Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 10:47 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,483,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I wonder if part of it may be cultural? I don't know the ethnicity of the cat owners, but how they view "house cats" may vary by upbringing. For instance, I remember reading in Cesar Milan's book years ago about his growing up in Mexico. They didn't leash dogs where he was from. When he came to the US, he was amazed that people had their dogs on leashes every where they went. He felt it a little "wrong" to do so. You go to many other countries and cats just roam all over, it is just what they do.

For someone to think it is OK to "take care of" someone's pet just because it gets in their yard is absolutely DISGUSTING. Cats are a part of the family for many people. My heart breaks for the owner who is putting up flyers for a cat that will never come home.
I know where you're coming from on one level but like has been said, other people impacted negatively by them has to be taken into consideration. Plus what about this sad matter that was posted up a few posts?

Cats kill up to 3.7B birds annually

"Cats that live in the wild or indoor pets allowed to roam outdoors kill from 1.4 billion to as many as 3.7 billion birds in the continental U.S. each year, says a new study that escalates a decades-old debate over the feline threat to native animals."

That's downright cruel/disgusting in my book and anyone who is an animal lover should take note.

Old 01-19-2017, 10:59 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,264,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
But your heart isn't breaking for the thousands of dollars of MY property that his cat ruined? This right here is the heart of the problem. Why does your heart break for the irresponsible pet owner who neglected his cat and put it in danger every day by allowing it to roam the neighborhood?

Just like my neighbor, no consideration for me and my family that actually have damages from his neglect of his pet. That is disgusting to me.
+1.

If a neighbor doesnt care enough to control their pets, then oh well...Ill deal with it my way.

Old 01-19-2017, 11:22 AM

164 posts, read 184,484 times
This is showing the hopelessness of dealing with the cat lady types who won't let their neighbors enjoy their private property. You might as well beat your head against a wall. I had two cat ladies close to my house. The closer one sold to a flipper who all but had to burn the house down to get rid of the stench. She left the cats behind. She had added a screened enclosure to the back of the house for some of the cats. She graduated to homeless people and gave some of them permission to live in a vacant house next door (it was not her house). I guess this discussion shows that you do what you have to.

Old 01-19-2017, 11:24 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,316,397 times
I guess I value a living thing, especially when it is someone's PET/ family member, over property. I also highly doubt that one cat can do THOUSANDS of dollars in damage.

There are many ways to deal with it, and many suggestions have been made in this thread, without resorting to offing a creature that is only doing what is in its nature to do. JMO.

Old 01-19-2017, 12:32 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,815,382 times
Quote:
I guess I value a living thing, especially when it is someone's PET/ family member, over property. I also highly doubt that one cat can do THOUSANDS of dollars in damage.

There are many ways to deal with it, and many suggestions have been made in this thread, without resorting to offing a creature that is only doing what is in its nature to do. JMO.

There's the problem right there,we shouldn't have to deal with it.

They're not our pets they're yours and you should be dealing with it.

It's not the pets fault and I'm far from an animal hater but I do hate when others are irresponsible and inconsiderate of others around them.

Old 01-19-2017, 12:36 PM

23 posts, read 33,473 times
Quote:

I don't feel that the people that responded here intend to end the cat's life or as you put it "offing" the cat(s). Some people will probably just 'take the cat for a ride' and or trap it and turn it in to animal control or a shelter.

Cats will be cats that fact has been established. I can't really blame the cat. What bothers me the most is the mentality of the owner's and their disregard for other people's feelings and the property that the cats deface. He/THEY are just low class, ignorant people with no regard for anyone but themselves. They have people coming and going at all hours of the night, his friends and his kids boyfriends and girlfriends coming and going with their loud stereos, they don't even have the grace and common courtesy to get out of their vehicle to ring the doorbell to get them they just LAY ON THE HORN not caring about who the horn may disturb. And that is just the half of the crappy things they do.

Funny thing is I am sure some of you may be thinking " Where does this guy live that he has problems like this?" As I mentioned I do not live in an area that has an HOA. However, I do live a stones throw away from a police station, an elementary school, a high school and a park. Property values are decent and there is not much if any crime where I am at simply from being so close to the police station.

BUT there are also lots of rental homes in my area. And what I have found is that when there is a problem with a particular house not keeping up its landscaping, leaving trash in the yard, parking their vehicles literally IN the front yard( this I can NOT accept when there is parking in the driveway and/or street), or other problems such as these that these homes are RENTALS. And guess what? These people with the cats are renters. SHOCKER!

Old 01-19-2017, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
There's the problem right there,we shouldn't have to deal with it.

They're not our pets they're yours and you should be dealing with it.

It's not the pets fault and I'm far from an animal hater but I do hate when others are irresponsible and inconsiderate of others around them.

Very well put and illustrates a lot of how I feel about it.

Old 01-19-2017, 01:09 PM

1,350 posts, read 1,370,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusman View Post
I don't feel that the people that responded here intend to end the cat's life or as you put it "offing" the cat(s). Some people will probably just 'take the cat for a ride' and or trap it and turn it in to animal control or a shelter.

Cats will be cats that fact has been established. I can't really blame the cat. What bothers me the most is the mentality of the owner's and their disregard for other people's feelings and the property that the cats deface. He/THEY are just low class, ignorant people with no regard for anyone but themselves. They have people coming and going at all hours of the night, his friends and his kids boyfriends and girlfriends coming and going with their loud stereos, they don't even have the grace and common courtesy to get out of their vehicle to ring the doorbell to get them they just LAY ON THE HORN not caring about who the horn may disturb. And that is just the half of the crappy things they do.

Funny thing is I am sure some of you may be thinking " Where does this guy live that he has problems like this?" As I mentioned I do not live in an area that has an HOA. However, I do live a stones throw away from a police station, an elementary school, a high school and a park. Property values are decent and there is not much if any crime where I am at simply from being so close to the police station.

BUT there are also lots of rental homes in my area. And what I have found is that when there is a problem with a particular house not keeping up its landscaping, leaving trash in the yard, parking their vehicles literally IN the front yard( this I can NOT accept when there is parking in the driveway and/or street), or other problems such as these that these homes are RENTALS. And guess what? These people with the cats are renters. SHOCKER!
I feel for you, man. I lived in that neighborhood too, I think, in the past.

The honking thing...man, you should just go out there and hop in their car. "Oh, sorry, I thought you were honking for me."

Seriously, though, while confrontation can be fun at times, it rarely changes things for the better long-term. People are what they are. I guess on the bright side, they'll probably get arrested or evicted sooner or later.

Old 01-19-2017, 01:17 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,619,218 times
My suggestion is to show off your skills and get a good bb gun with some hollow point slugs.
Put a couple of those in the back side of your problem and your problem won't be coming around any more.
And, if they do, move your target to the other end...

Happy hunting.
(here come the remarks from the animal loving cat folks)

Old 01-19-2017, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUMF View Post
My suggestion is to show off your skills and get a good bb gun with some hollow point slugs.
Put a couple of those in the back side of your problem and your problem won't be coming around any more.
And, if they do, move your target to the other end...

Happy hunting.
(here come the remarks from the animal loving cat folks)

With my luck a neighbor would see me with a legitimate bb gun which may be perceived as a REAL gun. Then they call the police and say I am shooting at a cat. Then the whole Police force and TOU shows up and takes me down like I AM the jerkoff doing wrong with no regard for anyone. Not a viable option and I would never play into such a scenario that would make me out to be a bad guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area