Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 12:21 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,508,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burkmere View Post
Great! I don't want everyone moving to Phoenix! �� I think the only plus possible plus I would agree with is the ocean if you're into that. I'm not. Besides, how many people actually live close enough to the ocean where they can really enjoy it? Of course, the summers in Phoenix are brutal but there's ways to escape. Like going and bugging Californians at their crowded beaches.
Too late, lots of people have already moved to the Phoenix area and the growth isn't stopping anytime soon.

Even with all the growth I don't think Phoenix will ever be on the same population level as Los Angeles, and California will be the largest populated state for a long time even if more people decide to leave.

Old 05-03-2017, 09:13 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,163,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jolt View Post
Too late, lots of people have already moved to the Phoenix area and the growth isn't stopping anytime soon.

Even with all the growth I don't think Phoenix will ever be on the same population level as Los Angeles, and California will be the largest populated state for a long time even if more people decide to leave.
As of the Census Bureau's 2015 population estimates, the Valley (greater Phoenix area) had 4,574,351 residents, making it the 12th largest Metropolitan Area in the nation by population.

San Fernando Valley population: Home to 1.8 million people, it lies north of the larger and more populous Los Angeles Basin. Nearly two thirds of the valley's land area is part of the city of Los Angeles. The other incorporated cities in the valley are Glendale, Burbank, San Fernando, Hidden Hills, and Calabasas.

The San Fernando Valley is just one small part of Los Angeles, yet it is approaching half of all Phoenix.

Los Angeles County had a population of 9,818,605 in the 2010 United States Census, gobble up Phoenix and spit out a few.

Both cities are steadily growing. I can't envision any future where Phoenix is in danger of catching up to L.A. although there can be no doubt that Phoenix will experience the same growth problems as L.A. has.

And before you reply, I'm agreeing with you!

Old 05-03-2017, 06:51 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,747,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
As of the Census Bureau's 2015 population estimates, the Valley (greater Phoenix area) had 4,574,351 residents, making it the 12th largest Metropolitan Area in the nation by population.

San Fernando Valley population: Home to 1.8 million people, it lies north of the larger and more populous Los Angeles Basin. Nearly two thirds of the valley's land area is part of the city of Los Angeles. The other incorporated cities in the valley are Glendale, Burbank, San Fernando, Hidden Hills, and Calabasas.

The San Fernando Valley is just one small part of Los Angeles, yet it is approaching half of all Phoenix.

Los Angeles County had a population of 9,818,605 in the 2010 United States Census, gobble up Phoenix and spit out a few.

Both cities are steadily growing. I can't envision any future where Phoenix is in danger of catching up to L.A. although there can be no doubt that Phoenix will experience the same growth problems as L.A. has.

And before you reply, I'm agreeing with you!
I think were all very grateful for this fact, even at nearly 5 million now it's getting to be enough, I don't have a big desire to be a top 5 MSA or anything like that.

Old 05-03-2017, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
I think were all very grateful for this fact, even at nearly 5 million now it's getting to be enough, I don't have a big desire to be a top 5 MSA or anything like that.
I wouldn't want to live in PHX if it became that.

Reminds me of the dude who owned both Texas and Hell. He decided to live in Hell and rent out Texas.

Old 05-04-2017, 04:57 PM

594 posts, read 700,226 times
Quote:
I wouldn't want to live in PHX if it became that.

Reminds me of the dude who owned both Texas and Hell. He decided to live in Hell and rent out Texas.
I think this post is very disrespectful to the great citizens of the state of Texas and NOT the view of Arizonans.
We have had to listen to Arizona being on the brunt end of " hell" jokes for years.
We didn't tolerate it then nor will we tolerate or support those kind of in sensitive statements now !

Old 05-04-2017, 06:08 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,752,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasu View Post
ahhh, very good to hear. Thanks for the info. We rely on our citrus for cooking and our drinks from our yard. Use 1 to 2 a day on average. We have Bearss lime (it is more suited for cooler climate like the Bay Area) and it fruits twice a year. Our Meyer lemon though fruits all year as well as other citrus trees.
We have a Meyer Lemon tree and it is quite prolific, but it only delivers fruit once a year. We got the last of them about 6 weeks ago.

Old 05-04-2017, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexxxcblac View Post
I think this post is very disrespectful to the great citizens of the state of Texas...
Maybe some people have no sense of humor.

Old 05-06-2017, 03:11 PM

594 posts, read 700,226 times
Quote:
Maybe some people have no sense of humor.
At the expense of another human....I guess I will NEVER have one!

Old 05-06-2017, 03:23 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,669,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexxxcblac View Post
At the expense of another human....I guess I will NEVER have one!
No one was harmed by a joke comparing Texas to hell. Relax.

Old 05-06-2017, 03:46 PM

37 posts, read 73,205 times
The Inland Empire alone is more populated and desirable to live in than Phoenix. The IE is a grand spawl of 5 million that connected to LA,OC, and SD's inland suburbs. The weather is less dry than anywhere in Arizona, and the beach is an easy 50 minutes drive if you leave at 2 in the morning. Don't forget to taller and more impressive snow capped mountains that Phoenix lacks.

San Bernardino is LA's Flagstaff and Riverside = LA's Tucson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area