Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 09:40 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,329,597 times

Advertisements

BTW, the last item we got via UPS was an iRobot Roomba vacuum cleaner last November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2017, 09:50 PM

770 posts, read 837,015 times
I don't care who delivers my packages as long as I get them on time. Lately I've been getting them the same day or the next day without any extra fees.

Old 06-29-2017, 05:47 AM

10 posts, read 15,002 times
I buy most everything except groceries on Amazon. Am not a shopper, been years since went to a mall or Dept store and I value the Amazon reviews when selecting products.

Maybe 100 purchases in last year. I'd say 80% are delivered by a person in a car, 15% by UPS and 5% USPO.

I am a late night person and I can order at 3AM with somethings and get it that day.

More often deliveries are ahead of delivery date on larger items. Just ordered a $800 printer and came in about a week instead of 2 weeks said would take since from 3rd party not Amazon direct.

Sometime don't ring doorbell which is frustrating as some have pointed out. Sometime check order status and find out it was delivered and sure enough its at my front door (I don't go out that much in the heat other than for mail!)

Rarely have to return anything but very easy and they pay the return UPS shipping fee.

Last edited by Dave in Phoenix; 06-29-2017 at 06:08 AM..

Old 06-29-2017, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempeAZnative View Post
I don't care who delivers my packages as long as I get them on time. Lately I've been getting them the same day or the next day without any extra fees.
That occurs when your order is over $35 and the items are in stock at one of the local fulfillment centers.

Old 06-29-2017, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
That occurs when your order is over $35 and the items are in stock at one of the local fulfillment centers.
I know how Amazon works and I get under $35 same day or next. I'm not the one making ridiculous threads like this.

Old 06-29-2017, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempeAZnative View Post
I know how Amazon works and I get under $35 same day or next. I'm not the one making ridiculous threads like this.
But according to Amazon under $35 there is a small upcharge to get Same-day or One-day delivery. Over $35 it is free as long as all of the items in your cart are in stock at one of the local fulfillment centers.

https://www.amazon.com/Prime-FREE-Sa...ode=8729023011

Old 06-29-2017, 07:42 PM

Quote:
But according to Amazon under $35 there is a small upcharge to get Same-day or One-day delivery. Over $35 it is free as long as all of the items in your cart are in stock at one of the local fulfillment centers.

https://www.amazon.com/Prime-FREE-Sa...ode=8729023011
I know how prime works I've been a member for years. I only order prime items and rarely spend over $35 and never pay an up charge. Same day or next day are the norm you don't have to paste their bs this is my experience.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:11 PM

206 posts, read 186,391 times
UPS probably charges Amazon too much, so obviously they are going to find other means of delivery. Bezos could probably buy out UPS if he really wanted, but instead he wants to do DRONES

Old 06-30-2017, 03:38 AM

10 posts, read 15,002 times
Quote:
Yes, good point. I always do over $35 often keep items in my wish list don't need immediately but can use to get small order over $35. Saves gas, time wasted going to stores and don't have to be out in the heat. Often prices are less than in a brick and mortar store. For electronics sometimes if need immediately (which is rare) will go get at Fry's electronics or Bestbuy and get them to price match Amazon.

Have also had good sucess with Square Trade warranty. Just had a $800 printer with the printhead that went bad bought via Amazon 3.5 years ago. I paid Square about $80 for a 4-year warranty. Was not practical to fix and no longer current model so they are sending me check for full refund of purchase amount including sales tax.

Years ago also had a TV replaced via Square Trade - only use on items say over $500 or so.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:33 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,001,123 times
We get small items via Amazon's own drivers (very,very fast) or USPS in our mail box. Anything larger sized or heavier than say 15 pounds comes UPS.

If you get a package delivered in any type of vehicle other than a USPS or UPS truck, especially if it's unmarked that is Amazon's own drivers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area