Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 08:13 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,336,447 times

Advertisements

In the previous thread about the new UPS hub, I was questioning whether it was really necessary since Amazon seems to be doing less business with them nowadays and doing more of their own deliveries or more deliveries with the USPS. I was wondering, does anyone here still get UPS or FedEx for Amazon Prime deliveries? Specifically I would like to know about here in the Valley.

It has been a while since we got those carriers for our Amazon Prime deliveries. For the most part, our Prime deliveries have come via USPS (actually mostly transported by Amazon's linehaul network either with the USPS only delivering the last mile), however, this might be changing soon, since Amazon just opened a Flex Delivery Station in Chandler, and we just got our first package delivered by them last week who otherwise didn't previously serve Queen Creek. I was told by Amazon our ZIP code is planned to be added to the Free Same-Day Delivery area.

I wonder if other parts of the Valley still get Amazon deliveries via UPS or FedEx. Perhaps in higher demand areas there may be some packages that will overflow to UPS or FedEx due to the since Amazon Logistics (including Amazon Flex) and the USPS can't handle the sheer amount of deliveries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2017, 09:11 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,277,207 times
Jeez who knows or can tell the difference?

Old 06-24-2017, 09:46 PM

640 posts, read 957,448 times
Ours usually show up in a white van with no markings on it...

Old 06-24-2017, 10:52 PM

70 posts, read 69,726 times
Almost every prime package since we moved here in May has come by amazon. I can't stand it either. Their drivers seem to have very low standards of service and some lack basic common sense. They also just drop and run without even knocking. I actually edited my address so that next to my name on all Amazon packages it says RING BELL in all caps. So far all but one driver has obliged. The design of our house is such that we don't have a front window to the porch or any of the front of the house except inside a bedroom so if they don't ring or knock I would not even know it was there. After a certain hour Amazon won't even text you to tell you it's delivered until the next morning and they deliver pretty darned late.

ETA I'm on the Gilbert/chandler border

Old 06-24-2017, 11:07 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,336,447 times
FYI, one time I did ship to my father's work address in Chandler last month and it shipped via USPS. USPS is probably the backup carrier for the Valley.

Old 06-25-2017, 05:41 AM

8,271 posts, read 8,652,996 times
The one I noticed came by car. He had a trunk full of packages. This is in Sun City.

Old 06-25-2017, 08:55 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Almost everything I get is delivered by USPS. Big stuff still comes by UPS, mostly. I like that. Postal delivery comes at a predictable time and leaves the things in a parcel locker. Weekend delivery too. I never thought I'd say it but of the three, USPS is the most reliable.

Old 06-25-2017, 08:58 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,958,439 times
My last package was delivered by a guy in a beat up sedan smoking a cigarette. No biggie but I rarely get UPS/FedEx these days.

Old 06-25-2017, 09:44 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,292,531 times
UPS delivered my Prime order yesterday

Old 06-27-2017, 10:34 AM

4,071 posts, read 5,145,829 times
They use all of them..smaller packages seem to be coming from USPS (I absolutely hate their tracking service...or lack thereof) Larger packages are usually UPS or Amazon. Problem I have lately is they have been missing their Shipping dates. Seems to be a widespread issue according to the Amazon Forums. Hope they get that sorted out soon...Prime 2 day shipping has become Prime 5-6 day shipping.

I shouldn't complain too much though...remember when you used to buy something mail order and it took 4-6 weeks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area