Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 08:36 AM

2,176 posts, read 1,330,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
Bummer, so a blind person should never go to a restaurant because they need a service dog? I hope you never find yourself in that position. There is a huge difference between a service dog which is well trained to someone’s pet.
You know for hundreds of years blind people learned how to walk with the cane?
And don’t start on “we have car traffic, etc”: we have traffic lights button for deaf and blind, Braille elevators.
Very few situations when even a blind person “needs” a dog, the one I can think of, when the dog actually pulls the wheelchair.
The whole dog issue stems from please, don’t shoot- dogs overpopulation .
The” service” dog- is an excuse for an unwanted dog to have a reason to exist.
Prisoners who trained them have a purpose, etc

The dog owners do not give a *** about people- barking dogs, mauling dogs, in every park- dog poop, very often in a plastic bag!
Think about:the a******* picked up the **** of his dog but did not care to bring it home, to the car, nearest garbage can- they throw them out on the beach, seashores, parks, streets, peoples sidewalks...
It is not cute!
Somebody brave should say:”enough”!
Nobody could dare! 30% of all charity money goes to animal causes!
We probably could afford a free healthcare for everyone if the money are to be re- directed to human services.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:54 AM

6,288 posts, read 11,795,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
I thought it was against the law to bring anything other than a service animal into a grocery store.
Yes this is something I get annoyed with. Here in California, people take their dogs everywhere - into restaurants, into the office. There needs to be limits on this. Restaurants should be off-limits for sure for sanitary reasons. Offices probably should be off-limits.

Quote:
I understand the vague service animal definition and businesses are afraid to get involved because of lawsuits. People with non service dogs understand this fear and go nuclear at employees to back them down. It works.
A person doesn't need a permit for a service dog? There isn't any kind of paperwork?? I'm sure there must be paperwork. Just tell them to show you the paperwork proving it's a service dog, otherwise vete de aqui. No paperwork = no lawsuit.

Old 08-01-2019, 10:31 AM

1,695 posts, read 1,285,027 times
My sister just had a birthday party for her "fur baby." At least 20 people showed up with presents and they had cake. I'm still left shaking my head. What the hell is happening to our society?

Old 08-01-2019, 11:36 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,671,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
My sister just had a birthday party for her "fur baby." At least 20 people showed up with presents and they had cake. I'm still left shaking my head. What the hell is happening to our society?
Why would someone else doing something that brings them happiness bother you? What’s happening to society is people being overly concerned with others’ business, for no reason other than to find something to complain about. I don’t believe non-service animals should be in grocery stores, but if someone wants to throw their dog a birthday party, who cares?

Old 08-01-2019, 11:38 AM

105 posts, read 85,088 times
Quote:
And the little dogs at the grocery that people put in the small high area by the handle of shopping carts. It's meant for food not dog feces.

To be clear, I'm 100% against this trend abuse of the service animal policies. That small upper area was originally designed as a child seat. In a full diaper, they're not much better/worse than a small dog. Put food up there at your own risk folks. (Though I feel like most kids in shopping carts these days are in the big lower basket, buried in a electronic mobile device)

Old 08-01-2019, 12:43 PM

7,198 posts, read 4,601,558 times
Nik, I spent my career in working with people with disabilities and service dogs allow people with disabilities to have much more freedom. For instance a cane trained person may fall over a hazard if their cane doesn’t hit it whereas a dog prevents that. Dogs can detect oncoming seizures and help the person to the floor or alerts them to take medication. Service dogs allow people to be much more independent. I had a client with stage 4 cancer and the dog prevented him from falling. They are well trained and amazing.

Old 08-01-2019, 01:15 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,120,131 times
Quote:
...And the little dogs at the grocery that people put in the small high area by the handle of shopping carts. It's meant for food not dog feces.

Where the hell is the health department in all of this?
same thing with so called service babies and toddlers I see in grocery cart seats...ewww, that's why I have my own grocery cart.

Old 08-01-2019, 01:24 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,383,610 times
I haven't seen a baby in the top section of a regular grocery cart in many years.

Old 08-01-2019, 01:52 PM

645 posts, read 1,544,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik4me View Post
The dog owners do not give a *** about people- barking dogs, mauling dogs, in every park- dog poop, very often in a plastic bag!
Think about:the a******* picked up the **** of his dog but did not care to bring it home, to the car, nearest garbage can- they throw them out on the beach, seashores, parks, streets, peoples sidewalks...
Spot-on.

LOUSY dog owners are the worst there is in my experience. Dog jumping on you/snapping/barking at you during a walk, no f's given at all. Dog ripping apart your tackle bag on the beach, mauling fish you are landing, and even attempting to catch the 4 oz lure with three large treble hooks you are trying to cast, still no f's to give. Dog crap dodging in so many places it's crazy, p*****g on other peoples steps, car tires, etc, every neighbor I have had with dogs, allowed/allows them to bark for hours at a stretch and/or incessantly bark at me when I try to enjoy a little peace in my yard, and yes even in my Podunk town, dogs inside of places where they should not be (NOT service dogs).

You would have better luck blowing out the sun with a sneeze, then in my experience having a p*** p*** owner correct, let alone apologize/acknowledge the issues... "That's just what dogs do maaaann"... About the most selfish, self centered Aholz there are. And I'll quell the "you are just a dog hater" BS before it like clockwork seemingly pops up, even if you add the "I don't hate dogs" or anything" pre qualifier. Flip side, a well trained dog with a considerate and caring dog owner is such a treat and pleasure to witness.

Speaking of ridiculous, how about the person allowed to bring on a large adult Turkey on a flight for emotional support...

Or the person denied boarding with a Peacock?

This rock is a circus, no, make that freak show.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:07 PM

10,116 posts, read 19,434,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
I doubt that your perception of every grocery store in the valley being covered in fecal matter is accurate. That said, I do share your concern with the service/emotional support dog nonsense.

I work at a senior healthcare facility (nursing home) and what a nightmare this is for us. We have patients that can't take care of themselves and demand emotional support animals that they can't properly care for. They can't get themselves out of bed let alone care for an animal. When we address the situation we are threatened with litigation.

I was in the airport two weeks ago and watched a "emotional support dog" pee all over the floor and the owner didn't move a muscle to clean it up afterwards. They drug the poor dog on the airplane and flew hours across the country.
Like you don't have enough to do cleaning up after the patients, now you're supposed to clean up after their pets as well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area