Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2024, 09:32 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,267,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzScorpion12 View Post
Meh, I'm more excited that Winco is finally breaking ground in Goodyear. Everyone on Nextdoor is making a big deal of But-ee's but I don't see it. It remind me of Wall Drug in SD where they hype it up so much but it's a huge nothing burger once you go there.

I would agree with Winco Foods. We ALWAYS stop at the Chandler store on our trips to Phoenix and Surprise on our trips to Las Vegas. They make a heck of a sandwich for $2.99-3.99 and salads for $4. They have some good shrimp bowls for 30-40% cheaper than Frys.

Buc-ees is a fun stop. However, I get better food at QuikTrip at a fraction of the cost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2024, 10:19 AM

121 posts, read 116,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
I looked forward to Wall Drug for like 400 miles... or 750 or so billboards. What a letdown.

As to the pumps being 'far away' from the store, well yeah, asshats are gonna pump then leave their vehicles to shop and tinkle. Non asshats will move to a parking space. I can count on one finger the times I wasn't able to find a spot. It was at the New Braunfels, TX location on a summer holiday weekend. Many visits to multiple locations over several years.
AZ must be full of asshats! When I moved here that was one of the 1st things I noticed is the way everyone PARKED at pumps and went inside to shop and actually never even got gas....I actually made a post on here about it because it was so blatant and frequent when I got gas. The amount of times I pulled up behind someone as they parked, walked in then came out (after I backed up and went to a different pump) later and drove away with no gas was crazy to me.

Old 01-25-2024, 10:50 AM

4,069 posts, read 5,141,969 times
I don't see the pull. It is just another place to get gas with a bunch of stuff to buy inside. Maybe they should have a bunch of EV chargers since they have to hang out for a while.

Old 01-25-2024, 12:03 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,209,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
I don't see the pull. It is just another place to get gas with a bunch of stuff to buy inside. Maybe they should have a bunch of EV chargers since they have to hang out for a while.

Quote:
German luxury car manufacturer Mercedes-Benz announced in November a partnership with Buc-ee's to launch a network of premium EV charging stations at most existing Buc-ee's locations as part of an ambitious plan to spread a high-speed EV charging network across North America.

https://www.news-journalonline.com/s...b/71908141007/

With this being a new location it would almost certainly have them.

Old 01-25-2024, 12:20 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,808,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
On one of our cross country trips, we stopped into a Wall Drug and had our dinner. I always remember that because when I gave our server my food order, I noticed that soft drinks were called "pop". So...I asked her what kind of "pop" they had. She said "what?" (Hmmm...she must not be a local). Then I asked what kind of "soda" they had. That she understood

As for Buc-ee's, a couple of years ago, we stopped at one in Luling, TX. We liked Buc-ee's. The souvenirs were all TX themed but the number of items they had when it came to food was amazing. We didn't try the brisket because we were on our way to a BBQ place in Junction but it sure looked good.

We bought a couple of plastic cups that had lids. After we paid for our items, the cashier told us that we could fill the cups with either a cold or hot drink for free! We did take advantage of that.

The restrooms were very clean. They have attendants that see to this. The ladies' room even had artwork for sale on the walls

My family in AZ has wanted to go to a Buc-ee's. I'll let them know about the one coming to Goodyear.
I can see stopping at one while traveling for the convenience. One stop to fill up, use clean rest rooms and buy a quick lunch that's better than a fast food joint. I'm not a big souvenir buyer and would certainly not want a Buc-ee's t shirt but to each their own. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
I would agree with Winco Foods. We ALWAYS stop at the Chandler store on our trips to Phoenix and Surprise on our trips to Las Vegas. They make a heck of a sandwich for $2.99-3.99 and salads for $4. They have some good shrimp bowls for 30-40% cheaper than Frys.

Buc-ees is a fun stop. However, I get better food at QuikTrip at a fraction of the cost.
Yes, Winco has some great prices on their sandwiches and their chicken strips. You can't beat their bulk section either! We always get all our trail mix and spices there for much cheaper than anywhere else.

I've been here for 12 years and have never stopped at the QT right down the street from me so I doubt I'll stop here. I get my gas at Costco where it's always cheaper. The new one out in Verrado is really nice because they have 5 pumps per lane and I've never had to wait and the store is never as crowded as all the others. I'm sure that will change in time as Buckeye is exploding but for now it's nice and quick.

Old 01-25-2024, 02:15 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzScorpion12 View Post
Meh, I'm more excited that Winco is finally breaking ground in Goodyear. Everyone on Nextdoor is making a big deal of But-ee's but I don't see it. It remind me of Wall Drug in SD where they hype it up so much but it's a huge nothing burger once you go there.

Goodyear has enough gross fast food chain restaurants and gas stations and this will just add to the depressing sprawl of more junk in the area. Yes, I just watched the video and like Ponderosa said it looks like a glorified gas station. Love's on steroids.
Just wait till you try it.

Old 01-25-2024, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelliebell View Post
A problem with Buc-ees in the Carolinas is that the gas pumps (of which there are many) are located outside the store. The parking lot is pretty far back behind the gas pumps so people park at the gas pumps and go into the store to shop. Makes it difficult for people wanting gas. Other than this I like the store and we stop here every time we head south. Avoid weekends.
And major holidays! I stopped in one on a Thanksgiving and it was more packed than I had ever seen one before. And I live pretty near one. It was insane!

Old 01-25-2024, 02:20 PM

1,607 posts, read 2,013,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beez74 View Post
AZ must be full of asshats! When I moved here that was one of the 1st things I noticed is the way everyone PARKED at pumps and went inside to shop and actually never even got gas....I actually made a post on here about it because it was so blatant and frequent when I got gas. The amount of times I pulled up behind someone as they parked, walked in then came out (after I backed up and went to a different pump) later and drove away with no gas was crazy to me.
I guess I have been guilty of this when it's blazin' hot so that I can park my car in the shade. I try not to do it if it's very busy.

Old 01-25-2024, 02:24 PM

22,457 posts, read 11,981,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
And major holidays! I stopped in one on a Thanksgiving and it was more packed than I had ever seen one before. And I live pretty near one. It was insane!
Wow! I would have never expected it to be so packed on a major holiday! Most people are at home celebrating. Well...I guess for some a trip to Buc-ee's is part of their celebration

Old 01-25-2024, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Wow! I would have never expected it to be so packed on a major holiday! Most people are at home celebrating. Well...I guess for some a trip to Buc-ee's is part of their celebration

I guess. It really surprised me too but there it was - jam packed with people. I actually had to wait at a cashier's counter for about one person, which surprised me. It might have been two people but it was moving quickly as usual. I also waited in a line for the bathroom but it also was moving quickly. Wow, those bathrooms are amazing. I'll always stop if only for this reason!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area