Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2024, 07:18 AM

302 posts, read 182,584 times

Advertisements

A problem with Buc-ees in the Carolinas is that the gas pumps (of which there are many) are located outside the store. The parking lot is pretty far back behind the gas pumps so people park at the gas pumps and go into the store to shop. Makes it difficult for people wanting gas. Other than this I like the store and we stop here every time we head south. Avoid weekends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2024, 07:34 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzScorpion12 View Post
Meh, I'm more excited that Winco is finally breaking ground in Goodyear. Everyone on Nextdoor is making a big deal of But-ee's but I don't see it. It remind me of Wall Drug in SD where they hype it up so much but it's a huge nothing burger once you go there.

Goodyear has enough gross fast food chain restaurants and gas stations and this will just add to the depressing sprawl of more junk in the area. Yes, I just watched the video and like Ponderosa said it looks like a glorified gas station. Love's on steroids.
Winco seems to be generating more excitement where I am. Go figure. Buc-ee's is going in on Bullard which is the "back way" to the freeway that avoids all the commercial on Estrella, so I am not too happy about what it will do to traffic. Then again, all the warehouses and data centers along Bullard have already resulted in a signal every half mile, so maybe it won't matter that much. All is lost already. I do welcome another gas station as there is a dearth of them in Goodyear which has allowed the existing ones to charge some of the highest prices in the Valley.

Anyway, I am certain that Goodyear will get excited as word gets around. Every chain is greeted with great enthusiasm in suburban Phoenix.

Old 01-24-2024, 07:45 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
That could still happen, we're a fairly big state. Where I'd like to see more constructed:

Eloy or Casa Grande near I-10
East Mesa by US-60
I-17 between Black Canyon City and Camp Verde
I-40 in Kingman
The plan up for approval includes 3/4 of a million square feet of "light industrial" (read warehouse). It seems they are going to use Goodyear as their base for expansion in the west, so there will likely be a couple more in AZ. My guess - US 60 and 303 area heading to Las Vegas.

FWIW, I-17 now has both a Love's and Flying J at Cordes Junction. Best prices going north.

Old 01-24-2024, 08:24 AM

2,276 posts, read 3,077,907 times
Quote:
Meh, I'm more excited that Winco is finally breaking ground in Goodyear. Everyone on Nextdoor is making a big deal of But-ee's but I don't see it. It remind me of Wall Drug in SD where they hype it up so much but it's a huge nothing burger once you go there.

Goodyear has enough gross fast food chain restaurants and gas stations and this will just add to the depressing sprawl of more junk in the area. Yes, I just watched the video and like Ponderosa said it looks like a glorified gas station. Love's on steroids.
Ha! I guess you've never been to Buc-ees. Wall Drug is a joke in comparison.

Old 01-24-2024, 08:47 AM

4,843 posts, read 3,272,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShampooBanana View Post

I looked forward to Wall Drug for like 400 miles... or 750 or so billboards. What a letdown.

As to the pumps being 'far away' from the store, well yeah, asshats are gonna pump then leave their vehicles to shop and tinkle. Non asshats will move to a parking space. I can count on one finger the times I wasn't able to find a spot. It was at the New Braunfels, TX location on a summer holiday weekend. Many visits to multiple locations over several years.

Old 01-24-2024, 11:29 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShampooBanana View Post
Agree. BTDT with Wall Drug, mostly a tourist stop, not much substance to it. The donut with a 5-cent coffee was nice.

Hope Buc-ees comes to Goodyear, the deal still hinges on land acquisition. If it happen then we'll trek down there from upper Peoria to give it a try. What amazes me is so few places seem to exist outside of Texas for good brisket, etc, and IMO Famous Dave's doesn't cut it.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-24-2024, 11:34 AM

50,276 posts, read 47,032,885 times
I hope they come to S Cal. Really is a one stop shop. You can get gas, fresh food and drink, booze, bulk ice, firewood, clothing, restroom stop and even electronics.

Best part is the massive amount of gas pumps and easy to pull a trailer through.

Old 01-24-2024, 06:31 PM

1,864 posts, read 842,234 times
we got one here, after about the thrird visit you will drive ten mile out of the way to avoid it. Its ok the firt two times, then it over with. too many people, not worth it

but the breakfast burrito are good

Old 01-24-2024, 07:24 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:

On one of our cross country trips, we stopped into a Wall Drug and had our dinner. I always remember that because when I gave our server my food order, I noticed that soft drinks were called "pop". So...I asked her what kind of "pop" they had. She said "what?" (Hmmm...she must not be a local). Then I asked what kind of "soda" they had. That she understood

As for Buc-ee's, a couple of years ago, we stopped at one in Luling, TX. We liked Buc-ee's. The souvenirs were all TX themed but the number of items they had when it came to food was amazing. We didn't try the brisket because we were on our way to a BBQ place in Junction but it sure looked good.

We bought a couple of plastic cups that had lids. After we paid for our items, the cashier told us that we could fill the cups with either a cold or hot drink for free! We did take advantage of that.

The restrooms were very clean. They have attendants that see to this. The ladies' room even had artwork for sale on the walls

My family in AZ has wanted to go to a Buc-ee's. I'll let them know about the one coming to Goodyear.

Old 01-24-2024, 07:57 PM

685 posts, read 719,072 times
Bathrooms are super nice in Buc-cees. All the beaver faced products promoting their store is not my thing. I am not into paying to advertise for any company.
Their breakfast burritos are decent, but like anywhere...food is not cheap IMO....but obviously I am in the minority about that because tons of people are breaking out their wallets.
I know I will not get their bbq brisket sandwich again if we do decide to get any food. The last one we got was nothing but a huge piece of gristle in the middle with bbq sauce. I bit into it and almost barfed. I still feel my gag reflex come up when I think about it. We were several miles down the road when this happened so I could not go back to complain. Had to just take the 8 dollar hit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area