Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2024, 03:04 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I guess. It really surprised me too but there it was - jam packed with people. I actually had to wait at a cashier's counter for about one person, which surprised me. It might have been two people but it was moving quickly as usual. I also waited in a line for the bathroom but it also was moving quickly. Wow, those bathrooms are amazing. I'll always stop if only for this reason!
It's pretty funny but also interesting how they built their business around restroom reputation. I recall the days of the gas station restroom key on a stick, where the lock didn't actually work and the fingerprint stained door enclosing the rusty leaky one-holer with the sticky floor really did not close tight. Now those were the days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2024, 04:20 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times
They are noted for paying their people pretty well also if you know anyone looking for a job.

Old 01-25-2024, 05:08 PM

9,467 posts, read 5,237,391 times
I visited a Buc-ee's in New Braunfels, TX. Loved it. This place is humongous!!! You can get everything you'd ever need there, including a brisket sandwich. They also had about 50 gas pumps, probably more.
Tennessee was going to build a bigger one. LOL. Now I guess Arizona is getting in on the action.

Old 01-25-2024, 05:11 PM

4,858 posts, read 3,289,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I visited a Buc-ee's in New Braunfels, TX. Loved it. This place is humongous!!! You can get everything you'd ever need there, including a brisket sandwich. They also had about 50 gas pumps, probably more.
Tennessee was going to build a bigger one. LOL. Now I guess Arizona is getting in on the action.

120 pumps in New Braunfels.

Old 01-25-2024, 05:37 PM

22,475 posts, read 12,014,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I guess. It really surprised me too but there it was - jam packed with people. I actually had to wait at a cashier's counter for about one person, which surprised me. It might have been two people but it was moving quickly as usual. I also waited in a line for the bathroom but it also was moving quickly. Wow, those bathrooms are amazing. I'll always stop if only for this reason!
Yes! They keep their bathrooms very clean. Much nicer that the ones in most rest areas.

Old 01-25-2024, 09:49 PM

843 posts, read 566,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyaw View Post
i guess i have been guilty of this when it's blazin' hot so that i can park my car in the shade. I try not to do it if it's very busy.
You are a stand-up <3

Old 01-26-2024, 11:14 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
120 pumps in New Braunfels.
Can you imagine the volume of Gas they must go through.

Old 01-29-2024, 06:14 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,639,561 times

Old 01-29-2024, 07:07 PM

4,175 posts, read 2,575,561 times
This video below was my first exposure to Buc-ee's, and I was sold on it thereafter. I had never heard of it before, but would jump at the chance of going to one. I think having a sense of humor helps coupled with an adventurous spirit. We need to learn to have fun again, especially if you have been driving a lot of miles.

Btw, those Wall Drug haters need to look into it's history which is a true slice of Americana going back to 1931 when traveling across country was a real adventure. I respect the founders for thinking outside the box. They started out in the middle of nowhere giving away free ice water to draw people in where there was nothing else. Long live our American history. Never forget those who came before us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsImFkLdE4A

----------------------------------

Old 01-29-2024, 11:25 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,877,770 times
I also don't get the hype about this place either...It's like shopping mall culture meets gas culture

And also I guess if someone is into items that focuses on Beavers,then this place should have what your looking for

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
I don't see the pull. It is just another place to get gas with a bunch of stuff to buy inside. Maybe they should have a bunch of EV chargers since they have to hang out for a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area