Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 12:42 AM

3,995 posts, read 10,025,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
98% humidity, 79 dew pt. and 80 degrees with glorious rain! I can't say this is anything but really nice to me. I can't believe some people hate this? To each their own I guess, if we had it 5 days a week maybe I would too but since we never do, I'm lovin it guys!!!!
OH twiggy, it's 71 degrees, 98% humidity and dew point at 68 degrees! I HATE humidity BUT this is good weather for AZ. I just saw on the AZWeather Network that most of the state, where the fires were too, are very wet! That is excellent news. However, I am extremely uncomfortable in humid weather, but the breeze is nice. I just got home and its raining again here downtown. The streets down here are pretty puddled up. I believe they said more than 1.5" fell downtown, and that was around 9pm and they haven't given an updated total so far. So I am wondering if we will reach 2 inches in one night. That would mean only 0.5" more and the 100 year average rainfall during the monsoon season would be surpassed, LOL! That means the desert and mountains are going to be extremely green after these few days of monsoon weather.

Last edited by fcorrales80; 07-11-2008 at 01:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 01:06 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,088,403 times
It's 71 now! I better run outside and enjoy it for a sec. I thought 80 was good, keeps getting better and better.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:13 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,088,403 times
I'm getting 3 different temps and humidity readings on 3 different weather sites. Who cares, it's wonderful whatever it is.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:34 AM

338 posts, read 1,625,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
OH twiggy, it's 71 degrees, 98% humidity and dew point at 68 degrees! I HATE humidity BUT this is good weather for AZ. I just saw on the AZWeather Network that most of the state, where the fires were too, are very wet! That is excellent news. However, I am extremely uncomfortable in humid weather, but the breeze is nice. I just got home and its raining again here downtown. The streets down here are pretty puddled up. I believe they said more than 1.5" fell downtown, and that was around 9pm and they haven't given an updated total so far. So I am wondering if we will reach 2 inches in one night. That would mean only 0.5" more and the 100 year average rainfall during the monsoon season would be surpassed, LOL! That means the desert and mountains are going to be extremely green after these few days of monsoon weather.
I agree with you. This weather makes me extremely uncomfortable. I still feel sticky and I'm in my air conditioned office! YUK! But we really do need this rain so it's a good thing. We got hammered last night in North Phoenix- it rained hard for at least 3 hours and the lightning and thunder was incredible!

Old 07-11-2008, 12:03 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,953,758 times
Its 87 degrees out now and 58% humidity and really it does not feel all that good...feels really muggy and a bit hard to breathe, plus instant sweat even though its overcast. I don't know...the 105 degrees with 5% humidity don't seem so bad all of a sudden.

Old 07-11-2008, 03:12 PM

717 posts, read 1,059,900 times
If this is what easterners mean by humidity, i'm packing my bags right now. This isn't bad at all. Skin feels healthier and the searing, oven-like effect is gone.

Old 07-11-2008, 03:31 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,444,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroon197 View Post
If this is what easterners mean by humidity, i'm packing my bags right now. This isn't bad at all. Skin feels healthier and the searing, oven-like effect is gone.
Thats actually about as bad as it possibly gets here in Chicagoland. But, the winters you probably wont like.

Actually, I just checked and its actually less humid than that, and this is the hottest and most humid day this year. I dont like this weather today! UGH!
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...weekday=Friday

Old 07-11-2008, 03:40 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,166,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
Its 87 degrees out now and 58% humidity and really it does not feel all that good...feels really muggy and a bit hard to breathe, plus instant sweat even though its overcast. I don't know...the 105 degrees with 5% humidity don't seem so bad all of a sudden.
No joke there.

Funny because I like some humidity when it is 40-75F; above that it can be quite unpleasant.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:48 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,783,841 times
Quote:
This is what Austin felt like to me, but I withstood 5 full months of it. 1 month wont be so bad....just need to get thru it. We do it by renting Drama series on DVD and just watch one after another. Its actually fun. Looking forward to another huge rain tonight. I hope its even better than last night.

Old 07-13-2008, 12:50 AM

219 posts, read 779,609 times
Quote:

Lol, really muggy and a bit hard to breathe.... I don't know, maybe because I just moved here from the east, but I hardly even felt the humidity. Yes, it didn't feel nearly as dry and it was noticeable, but I didn't think the humidity of the past 2 days was really that bad at all. It got up to maybe 60-70% humidity. This weather of the past few days, is in my opinion, far preferable to that oven-like heat of 3 weeks ago, where every day was 112-115. I would much rather it be 95-100 and 30% humidity, then 115 and 5% humidity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area