Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 07:47 AM

837 posts, read 2,335,877 times

Advertisements

This is my second summer here in AZ, and last summer was very tolerable, but it seems like the heat has been getting to me the past couple of weeks. Has the humidity been above normal or something? The dry heat has been like I said much more tolerable than the sticky humidity of the mid-west for me, but lately is seems that hasn't been the case
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 08:06 AM

687 posts, read 1,947,426 times
It's been very dry. The humidity has been up the past couple of days, but we're talking from 8% to 18%. Not something you would likely notice and certainly not like the Midwest. It's just really, really, really hot.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:13 AM

27,354 posts, read 27,409,204 times
Its probably the heat. Unless youre a desert dweller who loves it there, as we get older, we get less tolerable.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:59 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,172,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert A View Post
It's been very dry. The humidity has been up the past couple of days, but we're talking from 8% to 18%. Not something you would likely notice and certainly not like the Midwest. It's just really, really, really hot.
I do feel any slight change with humidity.

To the OP, yes it's has increased a bit and it can be noticeable if you're sensitive to it. It's up because our monsoon season is underway and it will continue to increase, so watch out!

Old 07-02-2008, 09:12 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,416,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert A View Post
And in the meanwhile, our humidity levels have been dropping in the midwest. The last 3 weeks have been very dry, considering. Yesterday was 82 degrees with only 30% humidity, which is hardly noticeable. Today is a little more humid with the storm front rolling in, but tomorrow is cool and dry, highs only in the 70s.

Regarding PHX, you will notice humidity levels increase this time of year with monsoon season right outside your door.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:15 AM

270 posts, read 1,110,535 times
I have a question:

For a 1st timer spending the summer here, how do I tell monsoon is at my door step? I know about the humidity would steadily increase and dew points get higher days right before it. But, say, if I look up at the sky a few hours before it hits, what would I see?

Old 07-02-2008, 10:10 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,151,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
And in the meanwhile, our humidity levels have been dropping in the midwest. The last 3 weeks have been very dry, considering. Yesterday was 82 degrees with only 30% humidity, which is hardly noticeable. Today is a little more humid with the storm front rolling in, but tomorrow is cool and dry, highs only in the 70s.

Regarding PHX, you will notice humidity levels increase this time of year with monsoon season right outside your door.
And; remember, one does not have to shovel heat-----------you Midwest folks can keep your obscene winters!

Old 07-02-2008, 10:16 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,416,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And; remember, one does not have to shovel heat-----------you Midwest folks can keep your obscene winters!
What does this have to do with winter?

Ill keep my winters, thank you very much, as I prefer variety. You keep your rock lawn and your never-changing environment and keep telling yourself that you enjoy it. Here's to monotany! Cheers!

Old 07-02-2008, 10:17 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,172,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiwei View Post
I have a question:

For a 1st timer spending the summer here, how do I tell monsoon is at my door step? I know about the humidity would steadily increase and dew points get higher days right before it. But, say, if I look up at the sky a few hours before it hits, what would I see?
Take a look at the monsoon thread for pics. You will see a lot of dark clouds and lots of wind. You'll know when it's here.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:33 AM

837 posts, read 2,335,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
What does this have to do with winter?

Ill keep my winters, thank you very much, as I prefer variety. You keep your rock lawn and your never-changing environment and keep telling yourself that you enjoy it. Here's to monotany! Cheers!
who cares really, it's all about personal satisfaction. To each is own. When I travel back home to Michigan I do miss the greenery, water, and......well that's about it. But I am happy to return to PHX. I do not miss bone shattering cold weather, but this extreme heat is no joke. I don't miss raking leaves, cutting grass, & shoveling snow. I enjoy having a virtually maintenence free landscape, but like I said to each is own. To me the weather is just a bonus down here, I came for work, cuz michigan is turning into an economic wasteland
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area