Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 10:35 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,097,625 times

Advertisements

soon2B: Well isn't california alot like Phoenix? Aren't the palm trees and the sprawl here just like CA? You are in the same type of city I think. Unless you came here from Silicon valley. Or from San Francisco. Or from a coastal town like malibu. And if you did, I would say you are not in YOUR PLACE ! Maybe you haven't been here long enough to realize it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 11:04 AM

11,522 posts, read 14,696,226 times
People's body chemistries, too--Aren't some people better able to acclimate to intense heat, intense cold and all shades in between? Does this have something to do with your ancestry or genetics as an added variable?

Last edited by Nanny Goat; 08-27-2008 at 11:17 AM..

Old 08-27-2008, 03:36 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,097,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azkylady2 View Post
do you think the intense heat of Phoenix brings on Perimenopause? lol
Maybe, I think I've read some stuff about heat and sun bringing on aging sooner. But I always thought it was maybe this forum, I know that will bring it on sooner. ha ha

It's not a weight issue boys, it's a plastic issue. You can be in great shape for your age and it won't matter sitting next to Malibu plastic boobs or Botox Betty. When I do girls night with my friends I sometimes feel like I'm going out with a group of airbrushed cartoons. lol Oh, and airbrushed in a nice golden brown color, from the tanning salon. The tuck applies everywhere, eyes, nose, chin, stomach, butt, just tuck tuck tuck, it's not just a fat thing. They can't afford many clothes to put on after all of this but they don't really need much clothing anymore either, so I guess it all evens out.
I have some friends that won't go out until their Botox shot. I really don't get into it, I'm sort of a natural kind of woman.
But I really don't feel like aging around them all to one day be refered to as one of their mothers. That wouldn't be cool.....

Something I don't think men have to deal with out here in the west. It's a girl thang!

Old 08-27-2008, 04:13 PM

8,372 posts, read 13,520,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
I really don't get into it, I'm sort of a natural kind of woman.
Good for you and that really is what it all comes down to, if you are happy with where you are and how you look then more power to you. There might be a problem if you are a natural kind of guy/girl and go after those that get every part of their body botoxed.
If you are single and out there trying to find someone, I could, then, sympathize with all the botoxing but if you are married and had kids, etc. then let thing hang/sag/drop...after all you earned it! (quote: Sinbad)

Quote:
Something I don't think men have to deal with out here in the west. It's a girl thang!
Not true, low self-esteem and vanity affects men just as much...

Old 08-27-2008, 04:30 PM

Quote:
It's not a weight issue boys, it's a plastic issue. You can be in great shape for your age and it won't matter sitting next to Malibu plastic boobs or Botox Betty. When I do girls night with my friends I sometimes feel like I'm going out with a group of airbrushed cartoons.
I have some friends that won't go out until their Botox shot. I really don't get into it, I'm sort of a natural kind of woman.
Twiggy--you are very funny. You're "New England" bound--you'll prob. find your cluster there.

Old 08-28-2008, 01:21 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,413,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
soon2B: Well isn't california alot like Phoenix? Aren't the palm trees and the sprawl here just like CA? You are in the same type of city I think. Unless you came here from Silicon valley. Or from San Francisco. Or from a coastal town like malibu. And if you did, I would say you are not in YOUR PLACE ! Maybe you haven't been here long enough to realize it.

PhxBarb, To tell you the truth I grew up not too far from Malibu. Oxnard the city I came from is also on the Coast. The city is positioned on the Pacific Coast Highway between Malibu to the south and Santa Barbara to the north. The hospital where I still work three days a week for now is also on the coast with a view of the Pacific Ocean. Other parts of the state that I have lived in are Taft, CA in the Kern County area. Many would consider the city of Taft a hard place to live and I loved it there.

I have also lived in other states that are a lot different than California or Arizona. I was in Iowa for two years and I also lived in Illinois. Being from California I never knew what it was like to live in an area that has four seasons. That was cool trying ice fishing on a lake that had a small city built on it during the winter months. It just doesn't matter where I have been so far, I have found some great reasons to be there. My thought is that many people find why they don't want to be in an area and forget to list the reasons why they love it so much.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:07 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,097,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Good for you and that really is what it all comes down to, if you are happy with where you are and how you look then more power to you. There might be a problem if you are a natural kind of guy/girl and go after those that get every part of their body botoxed.
If you are single and out there trying to find someone, I could, then, sympathize with all the botoxing but if you are married and had kids, etc. then let thing hang/sag/drop...after all you earned it! (quote: Sinbad)

Not true, low self-esteem and vanity affects men just as much...
It does? You care about your body? Have you considered going under the knife? Do you get facial peels? ha ha

Ew, and your hang, sag, drop comment made me jump in my pool and do 5 laps. Yikes

Old 08-28-2008, 11:53 AM

8,372 posts, read 13,520,292 times
Quote:
It does? You care about your body? Have you considered going under the knife? Do you get facial peels? ha ha

Ew, and your hang, sag, drop comment made me jump in my pool and do 5 laps. Yikes
Since, the thread has been officially -jacked, I might as well reply to this:

No, thank god, I got good genes (I believe) so I don't have to work out and watch what I am eating all the time but then again, I hardly ever pig out or eat nasty stuff.

And no, I would never go under the knife so I could be pretty/prettier...I shouldn't have to change my actual, natural appearence so she would like me. She should like the real me after all!

Old 08-28-2008, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
And no, I would never go under the knife so I could be pretty/prettier...I shouldn't have to change my actual, natural appearence so she would like me. She should like the real me after all!
Sensible. And, aren't there so many more important real issues to contend with in life than to worry about minor inevitable things like crow's feet??

Old 08-28-2008, 01:29 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,199,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix lady View Post
Sensible. And, aren't there so many more important real issues to contend with in life than to worry about minor inevitable things like crow's feet??
Excellent point!

To me at least: crow's feet on a woman signify that she has laughed and loved a lot in her life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area