Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 02:12 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,279,038 times

Advertisements

Yeah, why is that jerk so against earmarks for AZ. Why should we be proud that he doesnt fight to get our state other money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 04:11 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,491,073 times
He sure does shortchange AZ. No one is saying that he has to earmark $ to a private corporation to do something. There are many nonprofit or public works that could use the $ to make life better for all Arizonans.

Earmarks benefitting Arizona

Old 03-12-2009, 07:06 AM

611 posts, read 1,995,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
In the words of JFK, "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country. Why is it that everyone has a hand out for something that they feel entitled to?
Actually it is asking for some of your own money back to spend locally.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:57 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,431,223 times
what we need is more people in congress that want to eliminate wastefull spending, earmarks included.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:38 PM

285 posts, read 786,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markas214 View Post
Actually it is asking for some of your own money back to spend locally.
Why don't we keep it to begin with.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:45 PM

467 posts, read 1,192,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Let's wake up and smell the morning coffee, Gang . . . McCain has been "shortchanging" Arizona for years, possibly decades!

Heck, he has done more for the Illegals and Mexico than he has for the citizens of Arizona.

! ! ! ! ! !
Wow, I couldn't have said it better. But, the voters keep the knuckle head in office. I loved the way he brags about how he gets paid not to bring home the bacon.

Are the people of the state of Arizona just stupid or what? How about some of that federal money to secure the border!

Oh, I forgot, we now have a ex-Governor in charge of homeland security. What a joke! I guess we will see alot of thing happen on her watch...NOT!

Look, I'm Hispanic. Born in Albuquerque, New Mexico. But ino rder for me to find work to pay for my house in Scottsdale, I had to move out of state because it was getting harder to find a job with a hispanic last name.

No employer wants to take a chance that I'm legal or illegal. For $50.00, you can get all of the paper work you can need to get a job in Phoenix with a hispanic last name.

Heck, I don't know how many times I had creditors call my house asking for Juan who lives at my address. I finally had to change my phone to an unlisted.

When my wife and I moved from Seattle to Phoenix, we didn't think it would be this bad. But it is.

Back in 1996, when we arrived, we sent out hundreds of resumes to companies in the local area for a job. But NO one would hire her. After waiting for two months, we said, maybe it's the last name.

So we changed the resume back to her madden name and sent them out again. Four days later, she was hired.

However, we have made this obstacle work for us, rather then worrying about some government handout.

I moved out of state and my wife lives in Scottsdale and we get to see each other three times a year.

I would like to blame all of this on McCain for not securing the border. But, I would be more then happy if the people of Arizona would not elect him in 2 years.

But, in 2 years, people will forget how he likes that we pay him to do nothing. Wow, where can I get this job.

Maybe as a Hispanic, maybe I should run for office and then close the border!

Oh and this NAFTA thing, guess what, IT DOESN'T WORK! The only thing we have done is send jobs south and the Illegal still keep coming. Now what?

Old 03-16-2009, 10:35 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,185,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
what we need is more people in congress that want to eliminate wastefull spending, earmarks included.
I hear ya! I agree! Well said.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head coach View Post
Wow, I couldn't have said it better. But, the voters keep the knuckle head in office. I loved the way he brags about how he gets paid not to bring home the bacon.

Are the people of the state of Arizona just stupid or what? How about some of that federal money to secure the border!

Oh, I forgot, we now have a ex-Governor in charge of homeland security. What a joke! I guess we will see alot of thing happen on her watch...NOT!

Look, I'm Hispanic. Born in Albuquerque, New Mexico. But ino rder for me to find work to pay for my house in Scottsdale, I had to move out of state because it was getting harder to find a job with a hispanic last name.

No employer wants to take a chance that I'm legal or illegal. For $50.00, you can get all of the paper work you can need to get a job in Phoenix with a hispanic last name.

Heck, I don't know how many times I had creditors call my house asking for Juan who lives at my address. I finally had to change my phone to an unlisted.

When my wife and I moved from Seattle to Phoenix, we didn't think it would be this bad. But it is.

Back in 1996, when we arrived, we sent out hundreds of resumes to companies in the local area for a job. But NO one would hire her. After waiting for two months, we said, maybe it's the last name.

So we changed the resume back to her madden name and sent them out again. Four days later, she was hired.

However, we have made this obstacle work for us, rather then worrying about some government handout.

I moved out of state and my wife lives in Scottsdale and we get to see each other three times a year.

I would like to blame all of this on McCain for not securing the border. But, I would be more then happy if the people of Arizona would not elect him in 2 years.

But, in 2 years, people will forget how he likes that we pay him to do nothing. Wow, where can I get this job.

Maybe as a Hispanic, maybe I should run for office and then close the border!

Oh and this NAFTA thing, guess what, IT DOESN'T WORK! The only thing we have done is send jobs south and the Illegal still keep coming. Now what?
lol....this is cute. Sounds like nothing more than a soap box rant to me....

McCain has been great for Arizona. Bottom line.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:03 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,279,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
lol....this is cute. Sounds like nothing more than a soap box rant to me....

McCain has been great for Arizona. Bottom line.
actually he rejects money for our bottom line. Bottom line

Old 03-16-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
actually he rejects money for our bottom line. Bottom line
Yea? How's that? Please tell me how McCain is in the wrong for not wanting to put Arizona further into debt....and show me how McCain is turning away legitimate funds for our much needed public education system...because that's pretty much the only place Arizona should consider on funding a bit further....geeezzzusss ppl...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area