Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 11:49 AM

467 posts, read 1,191,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
lol....this is cute. Sounds like nothing more than a soap box rant to me....

McCain has been great for Arizona. Bottom line.
Well, SOON2BNSURPRISE said: what we need is more people in congress that want to eliminate wastefull spending, earmarks included.

Who is to decide and who is to say that or what certain projects are wasteful spending. If you recall, we past the "line item veto" but it was rejected because some republican said it was censoring free speech.

Now can you expect the person that decides, what is and what isn't wasteful spending, to do his job if we tie the hand down that holds the pen.

We all want Line Item Veto, but forces in higher power positions just want the "Pork" to continue.

Now, Lola8822, It's easy for you to say that I am on my sopa box, but really what has McCain done for Arizona? At least Goldwater had a water reservoir built all over Phoenix so you can live there in the desert without worry of dying from heat exhaustion. Yeah, right about now you are saying...I can go down to the store and buy it!

Where do you think all of this water in Arizona comes from? The Tap?
It come from all the concrete reservoirs that Goldwater helped build because he brought home "PORK" to make sure that they were built so you can survive. That's what PORK does for a state...get it!

So on that note...What has McCain done? The irony is that he sits back and brags about not bringing home "PORK" and he gets paid for that. Talk about pork. We might as well have the Queen of England leaving and speaking for us in our state.

All I am asking is for McCain to do something with the border! Do you feel that it ok to have them open to everyone in the free world. Maybe you don't have enought drop houses next door to you. Oh, by the way, the border is not a Federal issue...it's a State issue.

It time for us to elect someone who has the BALLS to actually do something for the people that pay him to live in Paradise Valley.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Show me how McCain is turning away legitimate funds for our much needed public education system...because that's pretty much the only place Arizona should consider on funding a bit further....geeezzzusss ppl...
It not that he's tuning away funds, it's that he not even asking for funds. That would be pork in his mind. So why ask for help for the state? This is what we pay him for...representation, get it! This is why we became a state. HELLO! Remember...Taxation without representation? This is why we became a state. We might as well go back to being in conrtol of Mexico...it the same thing.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:03 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,179,913 times
don't quit your day job lol

Old 03-16-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
don't quit your day job lol
So is this it? Don't quit my day job? I can't, I work to many hours to quit. On an average, I work 15 hour days, 6 days a week, with a floating day off that chages all the time. That would be 90 hours a week if you are counting.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:41 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,275,454 times
Quote:
Yea? How's that? Please tell me how McCain is in the wrong for not wanting to put Arizona further into debt....and show me how McCain is turning away legitimate funds for our much needed public education system...because that's pretty much the only place Arizona should consider on funding a bit further....geeezzzusss ppl...
Earmarks are funds designated for projectes needed for the state. YOu don't pay them back. what are you talking about. Not only do earmarks help our states infrastructure, but it also creates jobs. geezzzusss lola8822

Old 03-17-2009, 09:07 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,334,425 times
The other thing to consider here is that "earmarks" are really only funds that have already been budgeted and will be spent anyway. Most "representatives" know what their states/districts need and they seek "earmarks" in the general budget in order to fund necessary projects for their constituents. This is really the whole point of sending "representatives" to Washington in the first place.

AZ is a recipient state. That means we get more money from the Feds than we pay in. There are many reasons for this, but probably the biggest reason is that the wages in Arizona are so low that we don't generate the kind of tax revenue of more wealthy states, like Massachusetts or NY for example. There is absolutely nothing unfair about AZ receiving more federal money than we pay in, because companies/workers in states like Massachusetts/NY benefit from our low wages and are able to turn higher profits in their home state by paying their Arizonan employees almost nothing (E.G. Think Call Centers).

McCain is doing a terrible disservice to AZ by not soliciting more federal dollars to help bridge the gap between our needs and our resources. This is not some noble cause. That's baloney. He has no problem giving away federal land to his developer buddies like Don Diamond, but he rails against getting federal assistance for AZ's schools, infrastructure, etc... He's the worst kind of hypocrite.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
McCain is doing a terrible disservice to AZ by not soliciting more federal dollars to help bridge the gap between our needs and our resources. This is not some noble cause. That's baloney. He has no problem giving away federal land to his developer buddies like Don Diamond, but he rails against getting federal assistance for AZ's schools, infrastructure, etc... He's the worst kind of hypocrite.
Ok, so how do we get rid of him? Every year he seems to get re-elected. Do the majority of the people from Arizona actually like paying this guy for no representation in Washington?

How many times has he gone on the campaign road to get elected for President? Generally each time, it been a year and a half, each time he tries and fails that NO one is representing the state.

Then we pay this guy a salary to gallivant across the country while he tries to get elected, all a while bragging that he doesn't help the state.

Here's what I think...
If you are going to spend the time (our time) and money (our money) to gallivant across the country, then I think you should resign the position and allow us to send someone to Washington that will actually do the job.

Yes, he was a so called "war hero", but a lot of guys didn't come home and just because he was in a war camp, doesn't give him the clout to sit back and get paid to do nothing.

But in my opinion, a war hero is a guy who saves the life of his comrades by putting his life at risk. Ok, yes, I wasn't there and yes, I don't know what he went through. But I think that he and the people of Arizona have all paid and sacrifice in one way or another. I'm not asking for favors, I'm just asking him to do his job and if he has forgotten, because sometimes we loose sight of our goal and mission, is to HELP the people of Arizona....HELLO!

Old 03-17-2009, 01:32 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,179,913 times
take your left winged, bias, retarded propoganda and bounce hahahaha

Seriously...McCain is awesome and I will continue to vote for him!!!

GO MCCAIN!!!!!!!!

Old 03-17-2009, 01:36 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,507,311 times
I don't ever want to see another miserable campaign performance from him again, even for reelection. He's been there long enough. So has Kyl, for that matter. Time for someone who actually CARES about what's happening in this state to take those jobs.

Old 03-17-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
take your left winged, bias, retarded propoganda and bounce hahahaha

Seriously...McCain is awesome and I will continue to vote for him!!!

GO MCCAIN!!!!!!!!
Well as you know...I'm a republican and I have always voted republican. However, I vote republican because the other side is just to far out there to the left.

As for my Left Wing Bias retarded propoganda, I think I just want him to do his job. The job we pay him to do. If he's not going to work, then why not let someone else who will. Nice try...Lola!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area