Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 06:05 PM

272 posts, read 1,512,436 times

Advertisements

Not only that, but she offers as evidence 2 Republican sources, one of which is McCain's own government website while the links in the forum also go straight to McCain's website. Some real unbiased information, there, lol. If I want facts I don't go to the Democratic or Republican sources, since they are tainted by party/personal spin and bias and are therefore pretty useless for factual information.

First you have to actually WANT to learn the truth, as opposed to reinforcing what you already believe, and then go find the truth from the most unbiased, fact-based sources you can find. The Congressional record is pretty good in that regard.

I hate being wrong, but when the data shows that I am in fact wrong I'll change my view to fit the facts, not the other way around. I might cuss and grumble about it, but I'll do it. So I repeat to Lola: Prove my facts wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 09:01 PM

467 posts, read 1,192,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markas214 View Post
The fact remains that McCain's lust for power and the spotlight has subordinated his representation of the people in Arizona who sent him to DC. He adores the national stage but totally ignores the needs of his constituents. Has he ever made reference to the dismal test scores of Arizona schools? Has he ever proposed a massive solar energy project to be placed in the desert? Where does he spend the majority of his time? I don't understand how chillin' with Joe Leiberman and Lindsay Graham helps the state.
Well, if he started putting attention on the dismal test scores within the state, he will find that they are low because all of the classroom are floated with illegals. But as far as he is concern, his buddy that owns a couple of restaurants must need labor workers.

Which brings me to this...

You always hear business owners complain that they have had the job posted in the newspaper for month and month and no one will answer the part time ad and the only ones that would answer it was the illegal migrant worker.

Why do you think they can afford to work as a bus boy at the local restaurants? Because the wage is so good...NOT!

Because they all pay rent to some guy that owns a drop house and you have about 25 adults all sharing the same rent. This is why they can afford to hold those jobs. Hell, if I had 25 people living with me in my house, I could afford working at Taco Bell too. However, now Phoenix is considered the #1 city in the US for kidnapping. All thanks to our wonderful neighbors in the south.

And why hasn't McCain help fund one of the worlds largest solar power plants here in the Arizona. Why on gods green earth do they call it the "Sun Shine State"...hello!

Oh I forgot...we have Mr. I don't bring home bacon man in office.

Old 03-19-2009, 02:31 PM

611 posts, read 1,994,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head coach View Post
Well, if he started putting attention on the dismal test scores within the state, he will find that they are low because all of the classroom are floated with illegals. But as far as he is concern, his buddy that owns a couple of restaurants must need labor workers.

Now, now. Don't you know that if you dare criticize illegal aliens, whoops I mean undocumented immigrants, you'll be accused of being a racist?

Old 03-19-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markas214 View Post
Now, now. Don't you know that if you dare criticize illegal aliens, whoops I mean undocumented immigrants, you'll be accused of being a racist?
Yeah, well how about this....
I'm hispanic and I think they all need to have their A** kicked all the way back to where they came from. If we are going to put them all to work, we might as well make Mexico a state.

Why not, this will mean that we went from a 3,500 mile border to a 500 mile border next to Honduras. Plus, we will get great beaches and their oil to pay for all of their BS. Half of them live here already anyways. We pay for their education and their doctor bills.

Oh yes, I forgot, these are stuggling poeple trying to get a head. NEWS FLASH: We are all trying to get ahead. They last thing I want to do is carry someone else. I have done this way too long and I don't want my children's children to carry the same weight on their backs.

Or should we just throw our hands up in the air and say....$&^! it, just come on down....everyone. Hell, let save the tax payer a S*** load of money and take the $%&#(%! borders down. There so porous anyways it really doen't matter. When I see htis video

Last edited by Head coach; 03-19-2009 at 03:15 PM..

Old 03-21-2009, 06:21 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,278,295 times
interesting Idea....but what would we call New Mexico once Mexico was a Newer state.

Old 03-21-2009, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
interesting Idea....but what would we call New Mexico once Mexico was a Newer state.
It would stay the same, nothing would change. It would be like North and South Carolina, but one would be New and one would be "Old".

Old 03-21-2009, 06:46 PM

3,012 posts, read 3,560,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
New Mexico alongside Old Mexico?

Last edited by D-Towner; 03-21-2009 at 06:59 PM..

Old 03-21-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
New Mexico alongside Old Mexico?
Sure, why not. What would you call it?

Old 03-21-2009, 08:00 PM

1,248 posts, read 3,517,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head coach View Post
What would you call it?
Atomic Meth Land?

Old 03-21-2009, 08:24 PM

9,603 posts, read 31,774,866 times
Very valid points, Head Coach . . . BEAUTIFULLY STATED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area