Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2008, 12:26 PM

8,372 posts, read 13,520,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateSeraSera View Post
I think it's so interesting that so many of you that have such positive reviews of Arizona let those of us who have negative reviews get under your skin, like the comments are personal. It's insecurity that fuels such a strong response.
Hmmm, wasn't this comment personal?

Don't kid yourself Kate, everything you just said can go both ways...

Old 08-09-2008, 12:57 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,979,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd433 View Post
1) The heat

2) The air quality

3) The Schools (below national average)

4) Lack of culture

5) Illegal Immigration

6) Crime (very high)

7) Traffic (they are way behind on transportation)

8) Lack of 4 seasons ( can't take your kids to the woods, find a pond and catch frogs) that kind of stuff.

9) Lack of wild life (unless you consider stray dogs wild)

10) Lack of vegitation (green grass, trees, etc)

11) Hard Water

12) car accidents
Well, it IS the desert, so lack of vegetation, lack of 4 seasons, and the heat should be stricken off your list. What did you expect it to be - Houston?

Old 08-09-2008, 01:08 PM

10 posts, read 17,685 times
Pride in how you look is great and means you care about yourself. A desperate attempt to look like your daughter (and act like your daughter) is sad (a la Lyndsey Lohan's mother from what I can see). Seeing young women who are 23 years old getting boob jobs and other plastic surgery to "fit in" is a sad comment on their self-esteem. But, there is a lot of this going on in all urban areas today, not just Arizona.

Old 08-09-2008, 01:11 PM

You are cool Turco Loco.

Old 08-09-2008, 01:18 PM

8,048 posts, read 12,311,825 times
Shouldn't this thread be closed by now?! It's been going on & on & on & on for a year and a half. That's too long for something that isn't even a relevant topic.

Old 08-09-2008, 01:29 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,364,197 times
Thumbs up Nah, leave it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Shouldn't this thread be closed by now?! It's been going on & on & on & on for a year and a half. That's too long for something that isn't even a relevant topic.

Nah, leave it! I love this thread.

It exposes all of the Phoenix-slash-Arizona haters for what they actually are:

Pretty shallow and inexperienced at much except slammin' everything around their miserable and whiney little lives...

Old 08-09-2008, 01:38 PM

Wow, see, you are up in arms again because someone feels differently than you.

Old 08-09-2008, 01:48 PM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,797,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj661 View Post
I was serious about this being a place for people to post their dislikes and the negatives, real or imagined, of Phoenix. Well, pro Phoenix members took it in a different direction. Others stayed true to a literal interpretation of the thread title. There are hundreds of threads which basically die from inactivity even though the topic is open ended like this one. The best way to kill a thread is to ignore it.
I hate repeating myself. If you don't like it, ignore it. Maybe think of like a speed limit sign on the freeway. Everyone knows they're there but only a handful of people take any notice. Just speed past it to another thread. Someday it will be at the bottom of the pile with threads like this one which was opened on 2-10-06: https://www.city-data.com/forum/phoen...io-mendes.html. It's still open BTW.

Old 08-09-2008, 08:12 PM

I am so enjoying seeing the nasty comments about me as it proves my point about the majority of the types of people that live in Arizona. However, there are many many wonderful, bright, cultured, gracious, well-read, kind, well-traveled, interesting, eclectic people that live here - it's just difficult to find them. There is a huge brain drain here in Arizona, with the salaries/benefits the local employers are paying, the political idiocy, and the hermetic lives of most people. It's really too bad.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:20 PM

2,791 posts, read 7,478,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Completely agree. This thread was a noble attempt to create a sort of playground for the bashers, leaving other threads free for more intelligent discussion. instead, it has become a magnet for new bashers who see the thread, maybe via a Google search, and then jump on board to revive a conversation that has been going nowhere for months. Ignoring the thread doesn't solve the problem because newcomers to the board keep discovering it via searches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area