Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2008, 09:43 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Well, this is really all relative. While I support the 2nd amendment, it really creeps me out that people can walk around in broad daylight with a gun. I do not fault cities where gun control is stringent. If fact, I think their crime rates are lower.
Please explain why Wash DC has a much higher death rate by guns (where they were all but banned till a few days ago) vs. the Md/Va suburbs were rules concerning firearm ownership are nominal?

BTW: I do not own any firearms-------by my choice. But; I do support the Second Amendment

Old 07-10-2008, 09:45 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
While I support the 2nd amendment, it really creeps me out that people can walk around in broad daylight with a gun.
Then, you must really have a problem with being in Phoenix

Old 07-11-2008, 12:26 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,081,159 times
Wow, this is the thread that keeps on givin! h ah aha Die thread Die!!! Someone use their gun to shoot this thread, it needs to be put down!

Old 07-11-2008, 12:45 AM

3,995 posts, read 10,018,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Wow, this is the thread that keeps on givin! h ah aha Die thread Die!!! Someone use their gun to shoot this thread, it needs to be put down!
For sure, but at least people can vent, thats what this post it about and why I just read comments on here, pretty halarious if you ask me.

Old 07-11-2008, 08:32 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Please explain why Wash DC has a much higher death rate by guns (where they were all but banned till a few days ago) vs. the Md/Va suburbs were rules concerning firearm ownership are nominal?

BTW: I do not own any firearms-------by my choice. But; I do support the Second Amendment
Not that you asked me, but I would say it's because when you take away the legal guns, only criminals have guns and they know that honest people have been made defenseless.

Old 07-20-2008, 08:22 AM

330 posts, read 1,314,224 times
Cool Confusing sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj81 View Post
I absolutly hate the fact that the weather is perfect this time of year. Nothing makes me more mad than sitting outside watching the sunset in perfect weather. How do people live happily here?!?!?! I hate the fact that New York and Chicago get to have highs in the 40's with rain right now and all we get is crappy 80 and sunny, Man this place SUCKS!!!
I know a lot of you Phoenix posters are trying to be funny. But, the sarcasm tends to get confusing. Posters wanting to relocate need accuracy and reliability in order to make an informed decision. It is kind of difficulut to read between the lines and reverse the order to get the intended meaning. Just be direct. If you like Phoenix, say it. If you hate Phoenix, say it. If you love Phoneix, and type the word "hate", is nonsense and tends to get tedious with time.

Information about Phoenix and Arizona is appreciated.
I hope you understand.

Old 07-20-2008, 08:52 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Not that you asked me, but I would say it's because when you take away the legal guns, only criminals have guns and they know that honest people have been made defenseless.
As you stated------no argument from me.

Old 07-20-2008, 09:09 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,081,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasturkey View Post
I know a lot of you Phoenix posters are trying to be funny. But, the sarcasm tends to get confusing. Posters wanting to relocate need accuracy and reliability in order to make an informed decision. It is kind of difficulut to read between the lines and reverse the order to get the intended meaning. Just be direct. If you like Phoenix, say it. If you hate Phoenix, say it. If you love Phoneix, and type the word "hate", is nonsense and tends to get tedious with time.

Information about Phoenix and Arizona is appreciated.
I hope you understand.
Ha ha, to me it's just old and used! I would like a "fresh one". I've seen this one all year. Got anything new?

Old 07-20-2008, 10:42 AM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,790,062 times
I was serious about this being a place for people to post their dislikes and the negatives, real or imagined, of Phoenix. Well, pro Phoenix members took it in a different direction. Others stayed true to a literal interpretation of the thread title. There are hundreds of threads which basically die from inactivity even though the topic is open ended like this one. The best way to kill a thread is to ignore it.

Old 08-09-2008, 12:16 PM

10 posts, read 17,667 times
I think it's so interesting that so many of you that have such positive reviews of Arizona let those of us who have negative reviews get under your skin, like the comments are personal. It's insecurity that fuels such a strong response. If you like it here that's great, and more power to you. People are entitled to their viewpoint whether it's negative or positive. Hopefully, people who are moving here will take into consideration all of the comments and make whatever decision that will work out best for them and their families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area