Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2007, 12:31 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,171,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
TurcoLoco, it is an absolute nightmare. I don't use the "Force." I just refuse to drive here. I have nightmares about getting stuck going round and round at one of those stupid things they call a "round about." I did drive in Scotland once, but that was on a very quiet road in the early evening and my nerves could only take it for about 20 minutes. I was in constant fear that someone would end up coming from the opposite direction and I would end up in the Irish Sea while trying to give them room to get past, LOL! I won't go into the wacky drivers, other than to say I have no idea HOW they manage to pass a driving test.

Oh, how I long for an Arizona highway or surface street. Once we get back home I'm going to be happily driving all over the place
We are getting more of these out here. I was so scared the first several times of using them. They are at the off and on ramps on the I-17 at Happy Valley RD. They are probably considered mini ones from what you may have. People still can't figure them out. They become a lot of fun once you're used to them.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:37 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times
I LOVE the traffic circles. You have to be delayed for 20 minutes or so at a four way stop to appreciate how efficient these are at moving vehicles through moderately busy intersections. Some people are intimidated and that causes problems (and gives me yet another reason to curse at and feel superior to other drivers), but I'll take them over stop lights and 4-ways any day.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:38 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,487,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
We are getting more of these out here. I was so scared the first several times of using them. They are at the off and on ramps on the I-17 at Happy Valley RD. They are probably considered mini ones from what you may have. People still can't figure them out. They become a lot of fun once you're used to them.
Oh my god! No way?!?! I hope they don't put any in the East Valley area. I'll become confused and think I'm back in the UK, which could be detrimental to my mental health, LOL! If I get stuck going round and round on a round-about while trying to find my local Taco Bell I am not going to be a happy camper! Yes, I admit it, I love cheap Mexican food. My secret is out for all to see

Old 04-20-2007, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I LOVE the traffic circles. You have to be delayed for 20 minutes or so at a four way stop to appreciate how efficient these are at moving vehicles through moderately busy intersections. Some people are intimidated and that causes problems (and gives me yet another reason to curse at my fellow drivers), but I'll take them over stop lights and 4-ways any day.
I'm just the opposite. While we are driving (or trying to drive!) I find myself missing those four-way stops and stop lights

Old 04-20-2007, 09:31 PM

8,327 posts, read 13,459,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
I'm just the opposite. While we are driving (or trying to drive!) I find myself missing those four-way stops and stop lights
Well then, next time you ladies are driving around just watch out for this sign:

Old 04-21-2007, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Well then, next time you ladies are driving around just watch out for this sign:

Noooooooooooooo! Maybe I'll just buy a horse and stick to that mode of transportation

Old 04-21-2007, 06:28 AM

1,608 posts, read 9,748,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj661 View Post
I don't hate it. I love it.

I love Phoenix too, it's a great city and is very beautiful.

Old 04-22-2007, 04:14 AM

29 posts, read 88,452 times
Default I love phoenix!!!

I love Phoenix!!!

The best shopping and best weather in the whole world.

I love the big malls and movie complexes. They are so nice. The weather is nice too. I mean REALLy nice. Why would anyone want to live anywhere else? They are supid. I was born and raised here and would never want to leave. The women here are the best. They may not read much, but they work out at least four times a day - and it shows, trust me. There is great culture in Phoenix, contrary to what the naysayers may say. There is Diamondbacks, Coyotes and Cardinals - all three are available! And some clubs in Scottsdale that are the coolest. Far better than New York. I feel sorry for all the losers who live in colder bigger cities with other things.

I heard Jenifer Aniston bought a place in Scottsdale. This confirms that we are the coolest.

Old 04-22-2007, 09:35 PM

647 posts, read 3,341,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA View Post
The women here are the best. They may not read much, but they work out at least four times a day - and it shows, trust me.
Wow! You've got some seriously high standards! I'm with you - women who read aren't nearly as great as women who work out 4 times a day

Old 04-22-2007, 10:50 PM

8,327 posts, read 13,459,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA View Post
but they work out at least four times a day - and it shows, trust me.
Wow, 4 times a day?? Olympic athletes don't train that hard, that is amazing....lol.

Quote:
I heard Jenifer Aniston bought a place in Scottsdale. This confirms that we are the coolest.
She must have heard that I am relocating to Phoenix, she has been stalking me ever since Brad dumped him!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area