Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2007, 11:33 AM

8 posts, read 23,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GayleAZ View Post
No we don't but we have daily drive by shootings and a thousand Little Mexicos (oh wait those are suburbs) if you are into that type of thing.
Only if you're in certain parts of the West Valley and South Phoenix. Like my neighborhood.

Quote:
And I really almost fell off my chair when someone mentioned 'sunsets'. You mean all that dust clouding the sun? That sunset.. the dust that carries Valley Fever. Yeah - that's what I'd be outside sitting in. Well better that than 118 degree heat gridlocked in the middle of the freeway for a few hours.
Yeah, AZ isn't known for its sunsets. To think it is would be hysterical!! Are you serious? Yeah, dust. Otherwise it isn't the desert.

Quote:
But each to their own poison and if people LIKE living here I don't think any of them can apply for a hand gun permit. Just because they are all certifiable - they just haven't gotten to court yet.
Geez - this is the biggest dump of a state in the union. Any state that is 53RD out of 50 states in mental health CAN NOT BE DOING A VERY GOOD JOB OF IT..
53rd out of the 50 states...hmmm...are you from AZ? How do we score in education, specifically math?

Quote:
Oh and as for schools... least we forget that parents are taking their kids out in droves because of the over crowding etc.. Yeah - if you ever think you don't appreciate the state you come from, come to AZ for a few years and see that a brown landscape with no water and the lock on the most illegals in the US has to offer. Home (where ever it may be) will never look so good when you go back to visit.. or move if your smart.
Did you go to an overcrowded school? Were you not there when they taught the difference between your and you're?

Seriously, nitpicking nitpicking nitpicking. Not everyone wants to live near water. Thankfully there's some variation between climates on the planet so people can live where they want to..

Old 05-08-2007, 03:56 PM

47 posts, read 198,943 times
I've been away for a few weeks and missed reading these comments. Cyanna, it's nice to see you're still sticking up for Phoenix, and again, I would echo your points from yesterday.

I was in Tennessee for three weeks and I'm now back in the UK, and although both TN and UK are very nice, and very green, they're not Arizona. I need to come home. Soon!

Old 05-08-2007, 09:31 PM

416 posts, read 2,510,750 times
Phoenix area sucks because they continue to build more and more and more condos/developments - they let the developers rule; however, what is the area doing about the transportation system?

Traffic gets worst and worst - it's getting old.

Old 05-08-2007, 10:15 PM

29 posts, read 88,452 times
[*]Dust does not cause brilliant sunsets. If it did, certain cities like New York and Mexico City would be on top of the list, and they are not. Actually, clean air is best for the best sunsets.

you obviously have never seen a sunset over the hudson.

Old 05-08-2007, 11:01 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,959,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidA View Post
[*]Dust does not cause brilliant sunsets. If it did, certain cities like New York and Mexico City would be on top of the list, and they are not. Actually, clean air is best for the best sunsets.

you obviously have never seen a sunset over the hudson.

I have and I like the one in Phoenix better.

Old 05-08-2007, 11:36 PM

132 posts, read 517,276 times
Quote:
Phoenix area sucks because they continue to build more and more and more condos/developments - they let the developers rule; however, what is the area doing about the transportation system?

Traffic gets worst and worst - it's getting old.
There is this really cool mass transit system being built in Phoenix right now, Its called the Metro Light Rail! And where exacly are all these condo projects you mention? As far as I can tell there are a few under construction but most are just proposed as of now. If you are tired of the traffic then I would suggest moving closer to work. I think it gets old to hear people complain about the traffic when they choose to live 20 - 40 miles away from work.

Old 05-09-2007, 07:51 AM

51 posts, read 193,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minova7 View Post
What I hate is that I was dumb enough to leave and now have to go through all the trouble of selling a house in Colorado in an over priced market so I can get back to Phoenix and start hating all those awful swap meets where you can find all kinds of cool stuff for pennies. I really hated not being able to bundle all up in coats and boots to go get the mail. Most of all I hated not being able to shovel the sunshine.
SWAPMEATS!!! I so miss that! I lived in tucson and went all the time! Oh, and a place I went hiking all the time..sabino canyon...it was so beautiful..ok I know its about phoenix..sorry, got ot!!

And no matter where you live, there is good and bad in every place. Just a matter on how you look at it.

Old 05-09-2007, 08:11 AM

2,852 posts, read 6,487,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazgaz View Post
I've been away for a few weeks and missed reading these comments. Cyanna, it's nice to see you're still sticking up for Phoenix, and again, I would echo your points from yesterday.

I was in Tennessee for three weeks and I'm now back in the UK, and although both TN and UK are very nice, and very green, they're not Arizona. I need to come home. Soon!
Hey Dazgaz! Good to see you back. I'm with you...I need to come home! Wonder which of us will get out of the UK and back to AZ the quickest,

Some of us from these forums are planning to have a get together once hubby and I arrive. Maybe you and your wife will consider joining us for a fabulous steak dinner

Old 05-16-2007, 05:37 PM

18 posts, read 49,693 times
Smile But what about this?

Yeah maybe there is not alots of culture, but I lived in New York City for a bit, and learned that too much culture can stink. Everyone is in their own little clans, and its hard to be accepted anywhere, unless your Jew, Domican, or Black, or White, its so annoying , even the clubs are sererated like that, at least in Phoenix, all the cultures come together as one, all throughout the valley, instead of seperating themselves, see NYC and other big cities are third-world in away because of their seperation of races and culures, Phoenix has it all, but joined together in a more modern civilized way. Im a native of Phoenix, and I used to think God, New york i so cool, so I moved there, and I reallized how laid back and cool Phoenix is, how sucky it would be too live where people are sepreated on different blocks of the city by Class and Race, I hope you understand and can reconsider your opinion in a more open minded approach.

Old 05-17-2007, 12:07 AM

1 posts, read 2,283 times
Default Backward town fathers and Stepford newbies.......

This place has zero identity or noteworthy heritage. Of course it's become increasingly difficult to criticize the natives because everybody is from someplace else. Somehow I managed to miss the brainwash kool-aid concession at Sky Harbor when I got off the plane.

I encourage you simpleton's and apologists to keep defending your strong position. Sun, fake breasts and golf sure seem like deep benefits to laud....
give me a break.

"Valley of The Sun" and like nicknames are impressive. I always wonder which sharpie coined them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area