Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 08:22 PM

133 posts, read 191,314 times

Advertisements

I don't like "gravel yards". I like greenery, floral, tropics ocean. FUN. Give me Florida anytime. Phoenix looks like just a working class city. sure the scenery around there, Sedona, etc. is great but you see it once and that's enough, then what do you do?

Old 07-21-2009, 08:44 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosevelt View Post
If you could make the Los Angeles area like it was in the 1950's, I would be still living there at Wilshire and Virgil; however, LA is the pits now and there is no place like Phoenix, even with its problems.
You nailed that in a nutshell------------and, I was not even alive in the mid 1950's.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:46 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Believe it or not - not everyone like "greenery" or the "beach"

Some actually find a lot of beauty in Desert Flora

Old 07-21-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by applesoranges View Post
I don't like "gravel yards". I like greenery, floral, tropics ocean. FUN. Give me Florida anytime. Phoenix looks like just a working class city. sure the scenery around there, Sedona, etc. is great but you see it once and that's enough, then what do you do?
And Florida is not working class?

Old 07-21-2009, 08:54 PM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,068,788 times
Quote:
Comeone people let it go already. Take this from an out of towner whose only sole purpose to come to Phoenix was grad school, got accepted and decided not to come. But let me tell you something it had nothing to do with the heat, urban sprawl or whatever other nonsense comes to your mind. If people move here and don't realize that they are in a desert and are suprised that it gets hot, tough s..t, if you however do realize you are in the desert and are "annoyed" by all the brown you see and lack of "greenery" again what did you expect?? As I said before one of the major problems that arose from the Phoenix housing boom and bust is that normal Phoenicians have to suddenly deal with transpants who didn't do their homework, came here expecting paradise and now are "dissapointed" since their dreams turned out to be not so dreamy......

Old 07-21-2009, 09:08 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,084,935 times
Quote:

Beat up rattlesnakes, gila monsters, and harass the illegal aliens.

We have cockroaches too, but y'all win in that category.

Personally, I can't get enough of Sedona, Flag, etc.

you didn't mention the Grand Canyon, Lake Havasu, Superstition Mountains, etc. Ya gotta get out more.

Honorable mention to the FL keys....can't get enough of that either. I'll go to Sanibel Island and that's pretty much for me.

So what do ya do in FL after ya hit Epcot, Disneyworld, Cypress Gardens, et al?

shoo the flies and mosquitos?

Harass the Cubans?

Oh.

Excuuuuse me. they're not cockroaches in your parts, they're palmetto bugs.

Really.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:19 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,296,391 times
Quote:
No thanks, I don't want jungles, swamps, snakes and alligators. I like green too but I like clean yards with beautiful desert flowers with pastel colors not white trash looking cheap overgrown grass and jungle that's found in Florida. When you drive on the freeways in Florida, it looks like you are driving through stretches of an uncivilized jungle. I also like mountains and scenery to which Florida has none unless you live in Miami or Tampa. Aside of those areas, most of Florida is very hick. They don't call Florida the "Redneck Riviera" without a reason.

Most of the people on these forums are uneducated. The same people who criticize Phoenix for being too brown or lacking green are the same morons who didn't realize that LA and Southern California was a desert as well until they rerouted the Colorado river. With development, the area became "green" and people forgot all about it being a desert. If you don't believe me, watch the Academy Award winning film Chinatown with Jack Nicholson. Phoenix is plenty green; it's just that the morons associate the term desert and Phoenix since grade school and assume the entire place is brown. Yes, we don't have jungle on side of the freeways nor boa constrictors crawling into our pools but we have more than gravel.

Last edited by azriverfan.; 07-21-2009 at 10:36 PM..

Old 07-22-2009, 12:01 AM

132 posts, read 426,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Maybe the climate of northern California, but southern California can not be beat climate wise. San Francisco is nice, but San Diego is always were I wanted to live, even much more so than Vegas. I tried to move there back in 1995, and quickly had a reality check with the cost of living expenses. But, I cannot understand how anyone who is successful would chose Phoenix over San Diego. You have the ocean, 75 degree highs in July, and beautiful winters.
I've lived in San Diego, and as nice of a city, Phoenix is still where it's at.

I've lived all over the country - New York, Florida, and now California.. Arizona is where I'll be spending most of my future when I'm able to. I love the Phoenix atmosphere and the oppressive heat. Just my style.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:03 AM

219 posts, read 570,807 times
Quote:
Yeah, I don't like jungle climates with 75 degree dewpoints. Should I go over to the Orlando forum and tell them how I REALLY feel? What's the point? And who cares?
Anyway, it looks like the troll that opened this thread has gone back to San Francisco. He accomplished what he came here for.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick St John View Post
Yeah, I don't like jungle climates with 75 degree dewpoints. Should I go over to the Orlando forum and tell them how I REALLY feel? What's the point? And who cares?
Anyway, it looks like the troll that opened this thread has gone back to San Francisco. He accomplished what he came here for.
No lie about the humidity in Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area